• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2007
978 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
is there an option to remove a supplementary card on the online account? I can view the cards but there's no option to remove it.

i guess the only option is to call them.......
Dec 12, 2007
978 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
cursayer wrote: It says specifically in the fine print on the offer email.

*Offer expires September 30, 2020. Annual fee will be waived for the first year of membership for Primary Cards only. All additional cards on the account will be upgraded at an annual fee of $50 per card.
yup i saw that in the terms, but i am wondering if the CS will waive it if you ask nicely....

if not my plan is to remove her card and just use the primary, as you can just add apple pay on both our phones so it would just be like tap.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cursayer wrote: Do I get the 2% CB immediately once I accept the upgrade? It said it may take up to 4 weeks to get the card
Yes, even as you continue to use your old, basic card number.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
bylo wrote: Yes, even as you continue to use your old, basic card number.
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Just got offered the free 1 year upgrade to the World Elite.

Do I get the 2% CB immediately once I accept the upgrade? It said it may take up to 4 weeks to get the card
Also just got the offer. Highly considering doing the upgrade, seems like a no-brainer. You guys think it will be simple to downgrade to avoid annual fee in the second year?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: Also just got the offer. Highly considering doing the upgrade, seems like a no-brainer. You guys think it will be simple to downgrade to avoid annual fee in the second year?
Yes. I accepted instantly.

You can downgrade cards easily through the app or online.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
cursayer wrote: Yes. I accepted instantly.

You can downgrade cards easily through the app or online.
I also saw the offer tonight. Do they do a new credit check? Or is it just as simple as accepting?

Also, I wonder how willing they will be to continue waiving the fee in years 2+?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: I also saw the offer tonight. Do they do a new credit check? Or is it just as simple as accepting?

Also, I wonder how willing they will be to continue waiving the fee in years 2+?
No credit check. I assume anyone who gets the offer is pre-approved based on internal criteria. You just accept the offer online and they switch your card instantly.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
cursayer wrote: No credit check. I assume anyone who gets the offer is pre-approved based on internal criteria. You just accept the offer online and they switch your card instantly.
Seems like a no brainer to do this then... will just need to set up a calendar reminder to call Brim before the free year is up to try to extend for another year (or downgrade).
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
One other question: the free upgrade page says:

“ Fee waiver may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your account. ”

Does this mean I will need to pay the $199 up front and then in a few months they will give me back the $199? Or do the fee and waiver get applied at the same time, sometime in the next two billing cycles?
Aug 20, 2015
319 posts
411 upvotes
AB
-
Last edited by Porfiry on Mar 2nd, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🇺🇦
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
Porfiry wrote: They charged me $199 on the first statement (which of course I had to pay), and the -$199 refund came on the second statement.
Thanks - this is what I was worried about. I don’t really use the Brim card a lot so not sure if I want to bother given this “delayed fee waiver”.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jarfgames wrote: Thanks - this is what I was worried about. I don’t really use the Brim card a lot so not sure if I want to bother given this “delayed fee waiver”.
My fee was credited the same day so YMMV.

In any case what's the point of getting this card if you don't anticipate doing at least $200 on it? And if you can't afford to be "out" $200 for a couple of months then are you sure you should be using credit cards in the first place?
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
I am going to accept this offer, but closer to September 30th, the end date of the promotion. Just because I am getting rid of another credit card in November (Scotiabank Business Momentum) that has a lot of overlap.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
bylo wrote: My fee was credited the same day so YMMV.

In any case what's the point of getting this card if you don't anticipate doing at least $200 on it? And if you can't afford to be "out" $200 for a couple of months then are you sure you should be using credit cards in the first place?
I never said I couldn’t afford it. It’s more just the principle. It’s my backup card that historically I have only used when travelling to the USA. But with the pandemic, I recently cancelled my WJ MC, so there is a chance I could use the Brim card a bit more in the coming months if I end up somewhere like Costco that doesn’t accept Visa.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Woot! Just got my brim we card today.. Applied aug2nd.. No documentation or verification needed! Easy peasy! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Screenshot_20200817-201340_Gallery.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 3, 2008
44 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
jarfgames wrote: One other question: the free upgrade page says:

“ Fee waiver may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your account. ”

Does this mean I will need to pay the $199 up front and then in a few months they will give me back the $199? Or do the fee and waiver get applied at the same time, sometime in the next two billing cycles?
I got the free upgrade offer that I accepted on Friday, the fee and waiver both showed up for me today. Didn't have to wait.
Dec 29, 2010
218 posts
138 upvotes
Quick question... the Brim website seems to mention that the deadline for the annual fee waiver is Aug 31st, but in the thread I have seen mentions of Sept 30th. Did I miss something, or is Aug 31st really the deadline to apply and benefit from the promo?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
nick182 wrote: Quick question... the Brim website seems to mention that the deadline for the annual fee waiver is Aug 31st, but in the thread I have seen mentions of Sept 30th. Did I miss something, or is Aug 31st really the deadline to apply and benefit from the promo?
The promo seems to constantly get extended so who really knows at this point.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1354 posts
2023 upvotes
nick182 wrote: Quick question... the Brim website seems to mention that the deadline for the annual fee waiver is Aug 31st, but in the thread I have seen mentions of Sept 30th. Did I miss something, or is Aug 31st really the deadline to apply and benefit from the promo?
Aug 31st is seen on their website for new applicants. Sep 30th is what existing cardholders have recently seen in emails, or once logged into their online account as an offer to upgrade.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Munday