Credit Cards

Brim Mastercard - No-Fee Foreign Exchange Card!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2022 7:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1328 posts
158 upvotes
bylo wrote: I can understand why this is an issue for reporting suspicious card activity or for dealing with a declined card, etc. but why is this an issue for chasing cash back?
Because contact centres for other vendors I’ve dealt with open at 8:30am or 9am at the latest. By 10am, most of us are deep in our work day and either don’t have time or have forgotten to dial in.

Anyways, I called in, but the first level rep didn’t have an answer and so has escalated the issue to a senior rep who will call me back next week.
Nov 3, 2018
462 posts
758 upvotes
enigma54 wrote: I double checked and my last few Amazon purchases have definitely been at 2x points instead of the usual 4x points I had been always getting. I'm not sure how you check, but I'm positive I haven't spent over $25k on Amazon this year. I'll have to call Brim but it's annoying that their customer service hours start at 10am.
The cap for 2x points from Amazon is $10k and is separate from the $25k cap for 2% on all spending.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1467 posts
1283 upvotes
Ontario
OxbridgeIvy wrote: The cap for 2x points from Amazon is $10k and is separate from the $25k cap for 2% on all spending.
Keep in mind,

A purchase from Amazon, shall be deducted from both your $10K Amazon and $25K overall spend thresholds. Thus reducing your remaining spend available within both thresholds.

Refer to the examples <here>
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1197 posts
358 upvotes
cyoon84 wrote: Also don't forget there's a 5 (1000+$ purchase)/3% cashback on yorkdale gift card purchase! Stack it up with in store black friday promo!
Where's the info on this promo? Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1038 posts
1861 upvotes
Calgary, AB
For the current signup bonus on the world elite (up to $500), how is it structured?

Is it elevated cashback at a bunch of places one time that adds up to $500, or is it more of a minimum spend for bonus points?
May 22, 2012
987 posts
102 upvotes
MONTR
I still didnt get a reply from this company i.e. letter or the card. I applied about 6 weeks ago. Should I abandon it?

Is stack good enough? I only want 0 forex and reduce ATM costs since I am overseas.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25709 posts
22503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lachdanan wrote: I still didnt get a reply from this company i.e. letter or the card. I applied about 6 weeks ago. Should I abandon it?
I would call them to find out what happened.

Perhaps they mailed you a card but it got lost. Perhaps they denied your application. Perhaps they need more info.
Is stack good enough? I only want 0 forex and reduce ATM costs since I am overseas.
Stack is good enough but Brim (or better still Stack AND Brim) are better.

Brim offers 1% cash back on FX. Brim offers better insurance and chargeback.
Stack offers lower ATM fees.
Using Brim for purchases and Stack for ATM withdrawals also lets you avoid interest on cash advances on a CC that has a balance on it.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 22, 2012
987 posts
102 upvotes
MONTR
Thanks the Cash Back is available on all Brim cards?

Last time I emailed them they said wait 2 more weeks 3 weeks ago. I didnt get any letter. But I might try to call then. It's too long for a card.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25709 posts
22503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lachdanan wrote: Thanks the Cash Back is available on all Brim cards?
Yes.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 3, 2010
168 posts
146 upvotes
GPS wrote: Wow, didn't know this. Could have saved myself some money. Is there a max to this? It says 5% for over $1000 gc and needs to be bought in person.
I don't think there's a max, and I don't think e-gift card works, the payment has to be made in the customer service in person afaik
Mar 23, 2015
438 posts
168 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Is there a limit on cash advance ? Does it depends on the ATM

I am abroad and need a large amount in cash. Will I be able to get the cash using brim cad in ATM.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9171 posts
10357 upvotes
The Prairies
Zero wrote: What kind of credit limits have you guys received on this card?
A cool bil

2FE473FE-1127-4E4E-A378-637818C6AE5B.jpeg
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25709 posts
22503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
blackCold wrote: Is there a limit on cash advance ?
I don't see anything in their Ts and Cs so presumably your credit limit applies.
Does it depends on the ATM
Yes. This depends on the ATM operator. In my experience with ATMs in general, i.e. not unique to Brim, the daily maximums are relatively low, say $500 or €300, etc.
I am abroad and need a large amount in cash. Will I be able to get the cash using brim cad in ATM.
You should contact Brim about this.

I had an overseas emergency a few years ago where I needed to charge 2x or 3x my credit limit. I contacted the CC issuer, explained the situation and asked for a temporary CL increase. They obliged.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6722 posts
6845 upvotes
@blackCold , are you going to pre-load your card balance with a bank payment first? To minimize the cash advance interest charges? Even if you can’t pre-load, do it ASAP to minimize those exorbitant interest costs.

I think that’s the trick, though I haven’t done it recently and certainly not with Brim. Did this with the older Chase Visa cards (also was a no-FTF CC product)
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. [email protected] 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14776 posts
19695 upvotes
Vancouver
blackCold wrote: Is there a limit on cash advance ? Does it depends on the ATM

Thanks
How much is a "large amount"? Be mindful of interest, which will be charged from the moment you make the withdrawal. Might be better to withdraw from your chequing account and pay the fees and FX markup.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1467 posts
1283 upvotes
Ontario
GPS wrote: Wow, didn't know this. Could have saved myself some money. Is there a max to this? It says 5% for over $1000 gc and needs to be bought in person.
Can you use the Yorkdale GC's, to buy other GC's at stores within their mall?

For example:

Can you buy GC's at Walmart within their mall, and pay with the Yorkdale GC's?
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

cursayer