None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering

Brisket

Ok, I'm tired of searching this forum with no luck. Where in Scarborough was it said, I could buy a packer brisket??
45 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18377 posts
1360 upvotes
Elmira
Where in Brampton or Mississauga can I buy one.. Highland Farms didn't sell it last time I looked
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29320 posts
14828 upvotes
I'd be shocked if a butcher couldn't do it.
I've spoken to like 5 of them here and they could all do it.
Hell even T&T could do it. I think. English <> Chinese isn't my strong suit.
I was either getting a packer or a turkey.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
554 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
AudiDude wrote: Ok, I'm tired of searching this forum with no luck. Where in Scarborough was it said, I could buy a packer brisket??
I bought Excel (Cargill) packers at Skyland before I moved out of the area. Located beside the pickled feet. Link to flyer, http://www.skylandfoodmart.com/

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering
death_hawk wrote: I'd be shocked if a butcher couldn't do it.
I've spoken to like 5 of them here and they could all do it.
Hell even T&T could do it. I think. English <> Chinese isn't my strong suit.
I was either getting a packer or a turkey.
I'll bring my token Asian friend. It's great when I argue with vendors and he has to tell them what I said...although I never really know what he is saying I said...

I want that full brisket, not just the point. I wonder if Blue Sky can do it? I'll bring my friend before I get a turkey...
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9832 posts
1302 upvotes
GTA
Hey AudiDude did you end up buying a whole packer brisket from somewhere? Curious what kind of prices/quality you came across. I am thinking of picking one up in Hamilton as I live closer to Hamilton than Toronto but open to Toronto as well.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering
No luck yet. Went to Skyland yesterday and found out Blue Sky is an updated carbon copy of a rundown Skyland.
Apr 6, 2004
467 posts
63 upvotes
Is a packer brisket the brisket with the flat and point separated by a layer of fat? And is that the same as what places call a double? Seems like we have different terms compared to the US, which is where most bbq articles come from.
Anyways, I've bought a brisket with flat and point from the Butcher Shop at Kingston and Markham before.
http://www.butcher-shop.com/mobile/en/
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4899 posts
3103 upvotes
Milton, ON.
I am also looking for this in Mississauga and if anyone has had any luck please post where / how / how much?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18499 posts
13290 upvotes
Markham
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I am also looking for this in Mississauga and if anyone has had any luck please post where / how / how much?
I've bought full briskets at Butcher Shoppe in Etobicoke before. Call first to confirm availability and pricing.

121 Shorncliffe Rd, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5K7
(416) 234-2290
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering
j8lam wrote: Is a packer brisket the brisket with the flat and point separated by a layer of fat? And is that the same as what places call a double? Seems like we have different terms compared to the US, which is where most bbq articles come from.
Anyways, I've bought a brisket with flat and point from the Butcher Shop at Kingston and Markham before.
http://www.butcher-shop.com/mobile/en/
[IMG]http://mollysrotishop.com/wp-content/up ... 24x764.jpg[/IMG]

Just kiddin'

Thanks, will try the butcher shop.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2510 posts
247 upvotes
Whitby
I bought 'em at the butcher shoppe as well, back in the day they were about $5 a pound. I can't even guess how much they would be today. I haven't bought a packer in a few years. I used to get 'em in Buffalo for $1.25 per pound in 2005 and 2006, I was spoiled and always felt ripped off buying them here.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18377 posts
1360 upvotes
Elmira
The cut does not even seem to exist in Mississauga land, period, I called multiple places after getting my Big Green Egg
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50465 posts
14787 upvotes
ONTARIO
death_hawk wrote: Apparently Walmart US sells briskets... For $THREE [EXPLETIVE DELETED]ING DOLLARS PER POUND
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/zi0g6lS.jpg[/IMG]

credit to /u/rclipc on Reddit.
My bro bought a huge brisket for a BBQ. It was a AAA angus brisket with that big fat cap on top and everything. Just like souther US BBQ'ers use.
I don't know where he got it... But i chipped in for it and it cost $5.99/lb...
I thought it was kind of expensive for what is suppose to be a cheap lower end cut of beef.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29320 posts
14828 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: I thought it was kind of expensive for what is suppose to be a cheap lower end cut of beef.
All the low end cuts are going up because people are realizing they're delicious.
I don't know where you're getting $6/lb briskets but shut up and take my money.
Last I looked a brisket out of a good butcher here is $8/lb.

Sad thing is... I'm almost paying that much for tongue nowadays....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
554 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I predict honeycomb tripe will be the next big thing. In a crock pot! Get it while you can at $3/lb, pure protein, no fat or gristle.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
630 upvotes
Leuven
death_hawk wrote: All the low end cuts are going up because people are realizing they're delicious.
I don't know where you're getting $6/lb briskets but shut up and take my money.
Last I looked a brisket out of a good butcher here is $8/lb.

Sad thing is... I'm almost paying that much for tongue nowadays....
Yah, so many cuts of meat that used to be cheap are now as expensive or more than other more typical cuts of meat. Haven't bought oxtail in forever because it costs so much more now. Pork shoulder seems to be one of the few that you can still get at a cheap price.

Living in Australia now and the best buy here is chicken wings. You can buy full chicken wings for 2.50/kg from the market, and cheaper on sale from grocery stores. Have 3 kilos that I am going to cut apart and eat tonight that I paid 6 bucks for!