Montreal

[Brita] Brita Longlast Water Filter Pitcher Replacement Filters, 2 Count

Deal Link:
Price:
$39.97
Retailer:
Brita
More offers from Brita
I purchased this because I used to buy the small one, so every month or two I will need to buy this, I am glad that I found this filter pack, each pack last for 6 months, I think this is a great deal if you drink filter water frequently!
Images
  • 71MiJcGdc0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2009 posts
1872 upvotes
Those filters were a failure . All reviews are saying filtering takes forever. Personally tried them and you would have to wait 15 mins for a pitcher or more....especially once the filter starts clogging. Will never buy again, stick with the classic ones. Reviews on their own website rate it as awful, 3 stars...mostly negative reviews
Apr 5, 2003
315 posts
59 upvotes
Edmonton
They are fine for me. I don’t sit around waiting for the water to filter though.

Note that the long last filters will actually filter out lead. The normal filters do not.

I’m not sure this is much of a deal though, seems like regular price. Sometimes cheaper to get at a grocery store when they have their 15% tuesdays.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
451 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
smackioio wrote: Those filters were a failure . All reviews are saying filtering takes forever. Personally tried them and you would have to wait 15 mins for a pitcher or more....especially once the filter starts clogging. Will never buy again, stick with the classic ones. Reviews on their own website rate it as awful, 3 stars...mostly negative reviews
I have actually try it myself, I think the speed is fine, but if you compare the overall spending between the two, I will still go with this because it really last much longer, and also the water still taste the same even after many months of usage!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2009 posts
1872 upvotes
nobodylulukkkk wrote: I have actually try it myself, I think the speed is fine, but if you compare the overall spending between the two, I will still go with this because it really last much longer, and also the water still taste the same even after many months of usage!
Agreed, it depends on what suits you best. However, this is a regular price and not a deal or a hot deal. A good deal would be 29.99 or 31.97 as per the price history for past few months.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2424 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
These do improve the taste versus a regular Brita filter, plus they filter out lead.

I think the first batch had issues with clogging up too soon, but I was able to get mine to last about 5 months. I agree they are slow to filter, but if you have a larger pitcher and top it off before it goes empty, its not that much of an issue.

$39.99 is about the normal price @ Amazon for these.
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1065 posts
1007 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I noticed in costco they have Kirkland brand filter for Brita at a much cheaper price, I would like to try that next time

Anyone used it? What’s the experience compared to regular/this longlast Brita filter?
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
451 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
anshiren wrote: I noticed in costco they have Kirkland brand filter for Brita at a much cheaper price, I would like to try that next time

Anyone used it? What’s the experience compared to regular/this longlast Brita filter?

I would love to hear this if you can give me some insight, I am looking for cheaper filter option because having 29.99 per month is just too much!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1065 posts
1007 upvotes
Mooooonnn
nobodylulukkkk wrote:
I would love to hear this if you can give me some insight, I am looking for cheaper filter option because having 29.99 per month is just too much!
Will try after my current stock is over. Btw, I change my regular brita filter every 2-3 months.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1812 posts
682 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
nobodylulukkkk wrote:

anshiren wrote: Will try after my current stock is over. Btw, I change my regular brita filter every 2-3 months.

Are these the ones where they sell a Kirkland-branded pitcher too? If so I'd love some feedback on them too, particularly since I checked country of origin and couldn't believe pitchers were made in Germany, and filters in the UK

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)