Home & Garden

British Standard Pipe (BSP) Plug - where to buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2018 1:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1784 posts
808 upvotes
Toronto

British Standard Pipe (BSP) Plug - where to buy?

Long story short, I am trying to source a part required for my water heater, and the retrofit kits are no longer available from the manufacturer, so I was told to make my own!

I am in need of a 1/8th British Standard Pipe (BSP) plug with a gasket. Called around to a few places (including Fastenal) and no one seems to know/have them. Photo attached of what it is I'm looking for.

Anyone in the trades or familiar with this product know where I can source such a thing in Toronto area?
Images
  • unnamed.jpg
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4420 posts
2349 upvotes
jacquesstrap wrote: Long story short, I am trying to source a part required for my water heater, and the retrofit kits are no longer available from the manufacturer, so I was told to make my own!

I am in need of a 1/8th British Standard Pipe (BSP) plug with a gasket. Called around to a few places (including Fastenal) and no one seems to know/have them. Photo attached of what it is I'm looking for.

Anyone in the trades or familiar with this product know where I can source such a thing in Toronto area?
Anyone with the proper die could also make one from a piece of pipe or nipple and just use a thread cap (NPT) on the other end.