308 upvotes
GTA

brother.ca 15% off refurbished printers

Deal Link:
Savings:
15% off
Retailer:
brother.ca
Bought Brother refurbished printer HL8360CDW and used coupon several months ago, the coupon is still working now, just checked https://www.brother.ca/en/refurbished-a ... /pr-refurb

HL-L5000D Refurbished Business Monochrome Laser Printer $206.50
MFC-L5700DW Refurbished Business Multifunction $364.98
MFC-L5800DW Refurbished Business Multifunction $413
MFCL3750CW Digital Colour All-in-One Multifunction with extra high yield black toner $504.25
HL-L3290CDW Digital Colour Printer with extra standard yield black toner $468.71

shipped price after coupon and tax in Ontario.

coupon "brovenngo15"

it works on refurbished labelers and sewing machines as well.
1 year warranty, brother care program and free shipping included.

my experience, the printer looks brand new and works without issue, both the shipment and service(got missing toner) was quick and good.
Last edited by linuxfan on Apr 9th, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2317 posts
595 upvotes
Montreal
linuxfan wrote: Bought Brother refurbished printer HL8360CDW and used coupon several months ago, the coupon is still working now, just checked https://www.brother.ca/en/refurbished-a ... /pr-refurb

HL-L5000D Refurbished Business Monochrome Laser Printer $206.50
MFC-L5700DW Refurbished Business Multifunction $364.98
MFC-L5800DW Refurbished Business Multifunction $413

shipped price after coupon and tax in Ontario.

coupon "brovenngo15"

it works on refurbished labelers and sewing machines as well.
1 year warranty, brother care program and free shipping included.

my experience, the printer looks brand new and works without issue, both the shipment and service(got missing toner) was quick and good.
Brother Refurbished is good IMO, i still use the L2540DW and it's going strong for 90 bucks back then, looks like new
Feb 11, 2007
254 posts
608 upvotes
Markham
Refurbished comes with the cartridge, partial or full?
[OP]
Jul 20, 2011
315 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
Oksijan wrote: Refurbished comes with the cartridge, partial or full?
full new toners, same as what included in new printer.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4867 posts
2645 upvotes
Love love love laser printers + Brother. After I grabbed one, I swore off any other type of printer.
Grabbed a refurb from this site a few years ago and not only did it look brand new + include a warranty, but it came with a new toner which I swear lasted like +3 years. Prices sure went up though as I spent $70ish for just about every feature except color printing, not sure it's a pandemic thing or what.

- WiFi model is great so you don't have to worry so much about tethering it to a PC with a cable (nice to tuck away) + other users in the house can more readily access it.
- Scanner proves to occasionally be useful, especially for the copier feature.
- Decide whether you want the option of double sided printing
- You may or may not want auto feeder depending on your needs.

Not sure if all models have it, but mine has a special feed for envelopes which I've found incredibly useful as of late.
Dec 11, 2004
376 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the difference between:

MFCL3750CW Digital Colour All-in-One Multifunction with extra high yield black toner $504.25
HL-L3290CDW Digital Colour Printer with extra standard yield black toner $468.71

I'm looking for a refurb home business colour printer. It would be nice to have double sided scanning etc.

Edit: nevermind nothing in stock for refurb.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3527 upvotes
Burnaby
The prices of Brother refurbished printers at brother dot ca have almost doubled in the last one or two years. Their prices aren't competitive any longer, even with the ongoing (for ever) 15% off new customer email signup offer (there were times when it was 30% off, but not lately). Currently, it's better to buy printers BNIB at Staples or Amazon when they have a model on sale [just keep browsing Staples flyers and put a price alert for a particular model of your choice at Amazon or any Amazon price tracker]. In addition, the good inexpensive multifunction laser printers are rarely in stock refurbished at Brother (those that used to cost $60-100), only the most expensive models. The same situation is happening with their refurbished sewing machines [Costco might be a better option].

Rakuten cashback 1%. Stackable. https://www.rakuten.ca/brother

=====

You can check price history for your favorite Brother laser printer using:

For price history at Staples use stocktrac dot ca. For instance, for DCP-L2550DW (new) https://stocktrack.ca/?s=st&sku=2764644 hover your pointer over the any quantity number and it'll display its price history. $160 for this model. Compare with price at Brother.

For price history at Amazon, use triple camel and the Amazon URL of the model you want to track. There you can set up a price alert in addition to Amazon itself.
E.g., Amazon Price History Brother MFC-L5700DW Wireless Monochrome All-in-One Laser Printer (B01BI0ONC6): Lowest * $238.99 Jun 01, 2019 -- Lowest YTD $279.98
Last edited by Guest13384726 on Apr 9th, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1366 posts
2082 upvotes
Thanks OP. Does signing up for Brother Care have any bearing on using third party cartridges?

Not sure if it's intrusive like Instant Ink.
Dec 13, 2020
10 posts
I haven’t had the best luck with the refurbs with two damaged in a row but brothers customer support seems to be great. Not very many vendors I’ve dealt with for the last decade that will ship replacements in advance without returning first or at least a hold on a credit card for small business customers without bulk purchasing or service agreements. I’m pretty sure by the 2nd replacement most would have given up by now and just gone for a return/refund but they seem dead set on getting me a good unit even though it’s likely a loss for them by now. Wouldn’t be afraid to buy from them direct for refurbs again just for the good customer support.

I can say the next time the wife wants sewing or crafting equipment she’s getting a brother.