Brother MFC-9130CW Multi-function printer - refurb - $167

Deal Link:
Price:
$167
Savings:
66%
Retailer:
Brother.ca
Brother.ca has the colour MFC-9130CW on sale as refurb for $209. This is slightly cheaper than it was earlier this month for $249 for the new one. However, the welcome coupon (20%) still applies for refurb, bringing the price down to $167.

Lowest it's been on Amazon is $249 per camel, but it looks like only offered by 3rd parties on their site. Possible that this model is being EOL and they are clearing the channel inventory?

I'm waiting on the duplex one, but in case anyone is interested.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 23rd, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
24 replies
Oct 18, 2004
363 posts
221 upvotes
Windsor
dP21 wrote: Brother.ca has the colour MFC-9130CW on sale as refurb for $209. This is slightly cheaper than it was earlier this month for $249 for the new one. However, the welcome coupon (20%) still applies for refurb, bringing the price down to $167.

Lowest it's been on Amazon is $249 per camel, but it looks like only offered by 3rd parties on their site. Possible that this model is being EOL and they are clearing the channel inventory?

I'm waiting on the duplex one, but in case anyone is interested.
Thanks OP. The link for Brother doesn't appearing to be working (correction it's back up now). The refurb at $167 is pretty decent. Thought, out of curiosity, what is the duplex unit you are waiting on and what price range do expect it snag it at? I have a monochrome brother duplex laser printer that while I like, I'd prefer to have it in colour.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
LaZeRACED wrote: Thanks OP. The link for Brother doesn't appearing to be working (correction it's back up now). The refurb at $167 is pretty decent. Thought, out of curiosity, what is the duplex unit you are waiting on and what price range do expect it snag it at? I have a monochrome brother duplex laser printer that while I like, I'd prefer to have it in colour.
one of the 9330/9340 for somewhere around $300ish
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2665 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
Anyone know which of the brothers refurbished offer double side scanning?
Dec 17, 2009
91 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
koontzy wrote: Anyone know which of the brothers refurbished offer double side scanning?
While duplex scanning is a nice feature, if you are scanning to PDF you can easily accomplish this by using PDF Split and Merge (PDFSAM), scan separately both sides and use the application to merge the pages together (it will merge the reverse side in reverse order). PDFSAM is open source and free (this is RFD after all).
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
mugsy1 wrote: While duplex scanning is a nice feature, if you are scanning to PDF you can easily accomplish this by using PDF Split and Merge (PDFSAM), scan separately both sides and use the application to merge the pages together (it will merge the reverse side in reverse order). PDFSAM is open source and free (this is RFD after all).
great tip, thanks for this
Nov 26, 2012
52 posts
10 upvotes
AJAX
Where can I get 20% off? Thanks
Jun 7, 2014
4 posts
This printer scans so slowly. Check the review online and YouTube.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1115 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal. I have the 9340 (does duplex scanning) and it works very well with the Auto Doc Feeder. Wi-Fi, can scan to/print from USB Key, applePrint and Google Cloud Print capable. Somewhat largish footprint but seeing that's the only machine you need that's a ok compromise
[OP]
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
koontzy wrote: Anyone know which of the brothers refurbished offer double side scanning?
Look for the 'D' in the model number. It's fairly intuitive:
  • W - Wireless
  • C - Color
  • D - Duplex
[OP]
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
kooris wrote: Where can I get 20% off? Thanks
Sign up for their email sub. If you check the other thread, folks said you could get it via chat.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Faeton wrote: Good deal. I have the 9340 (does duplex scanning) and it works very well with the Auto Doc Feeder. Wi-Fi, can scan to/print from USB Key, applePrint and Google Cloud Print capable. Somewhat largish footprint but seeing that's the only machine you need that's a ok compromise
Yeah, Agreed on footprint. My DCP-7040 is a mono with Auto doc feeder. It's huge sitting on my desk, and since it lacks wireless I can't move it very far from the office.

Part of the reason for me to get the color is to upgrade to a wireless model so I can 'untether' it from my home office and stuff it somewhere else. Like the toddler's room...errr..maybe not :/
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2665 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
mugsy1 wrote: While duplex scanning is a nice feature, if you are scanning to PDF you can easily accomplish this by using PDF Split and Merge (PDFSAM), scan separately both sides and use the application to merge the pages together (it will merge the reverse side in reverse order). PDFSAM is open source and free (this is RFD after all).
I want to go paperless and I'll have 2000-3000 pages to scan and more than half are double sided pages :/
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2665 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
dP21 wrote: Look for the 'D' in the model number. It's fairly intuitive:
  • W - Wireless
  • C - Color
  • D - Duplex
Isn't that for duplex printing? What about duplex scanning? :P
[OP]
Mar 7, 2002
608 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
koontzy wrote: Isn't that for duplex printing? What about duplex scanning? :P
Misread you. Uhhh, I think you're moving into the small - mid size biz models which are $$$ for duplex scanning.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3798 posts
770 upvotes
ON
koontzy wrote: Isn't that for duplex printing? What about duplex scanning? :P
9340cdw has duplex scanning