Entertainment

Buck Rogers (20th century comic strip live action adaptation Legendary & George Clooney executive producer)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 6:59 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13260 posts
5027 upvotes
Toronto

Buck Rogers (20th century comic strip live action adaptation Legendary & George Clooney executive producer)

Article states an acting role for Clooney is possible but IIRC Buck was in suspended animation where he DIDN'T age hundreds of years

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -legendary

Flashback Thursday!
Late 70s Buck Rogers gal pal Wilma Deering as portrayed by the unforgettable Erin Gray

ImageImage
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3497 posts
3729 upvotes
GTA
Biddi biddi biddi...

The Hawk
ECHjgzeitRlAgfl4qMd4L_7QDZOxKT4poHktqILJgJI.jpg
And one of my favorite Rick and Morty characters based on him, Birdperson.
BirdpersonTransparent.png
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19711 posts
5867 upvotes
Yeah, Buck Was always a young guy. Clooney? Not a young guy...

I hear they want to remake Flash Gordon as well. Guess we'll start to get a lot of the old comic strips and serials adaptations since just about no one remembers them anymore...
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13030 posts
2305 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
They had that Flash Gordon series from 10+ years ago. Lasted two seasons, I think. I enjoyed it. Main two characters were duds, but I like the supporting characters.

BTW, I bought that Gil Gerard Buck Rogers series on DVD some years back, when either Future Shop or Best Buy had it for $20 during Boxing Week. Let me tell you, I did not enjoy it as much as when I was a kid. Battlestar Galactica was cheeseball, but at least the stories were better.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13260 posts
5027 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps confused legal rights have stalled Buck Rogers since the Gil Gerard version
Seems Legendary is going with the Anthony "Buck" Roger is in the public domain theory whilst Skydance just announced separate, competing project is backed by the estate claiming ownership of the character

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -pulp-hero