[A Buck or Two] 3 Reusable K-cup filters for $5

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2014 12:53 am
28 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
perfect for those who realized the fancy coffee machine craze was just a fad so they can use their $100 machine to make Folgers.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
NG wrote: perfect for those who realized the fancy coffee machine craze was just a fad so they can use their $100 machine to make Folgers.
the tims is good, nabob, and others...the k machine brew a fast simple cup of coffee with minimal mess...whats wrong with that?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1321 posts
1038 upvotes
I saw these at the Dollarama. I believe they were $3.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7070 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
eugeneo wrote: I saw these at the Dollarama. I believe they were $3.
Yeah I saw them too they were 3$ for 1 pack.

this is a good deal for a 3 pack.. But I don't know if they work good I haven't tried it.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
cardguy wrote: the tims is good, nabob, and others...the k machine brew a fast simple cup of coffee with minimal mess...whats wrong with that?
Nothing wrong with it...just that if things have gone so far dollar stores are selling knock off reusable filters it looks to me plenty of people are questioning the cost of the pods and how much better they are compared to grounds from a normal tub of coffee.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
NG wrote: Nothing wrong with it...just that if things have gone so far dollar stores are selling knock off reusable filters it looks to me plenty of people are questioning the cost of the pods and how much better they are compared to grounds from a normal tub of coffee.
agree 100%...its not the quality its the price @45-60 cents a cup..it is still rather expensive i feel...that why i keep a few on hand for some convenience but mostly fill a k cup with either timmys or another favorite depending how strong a flavor i want.. cones out to pennies a cup if you buy the big tubs.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4798 posts
4548 upvotes
Toronto
Tassimo and K-cups are best for convenience if you have different people wanting different things. One person wants hot chocolate, another wants an herbal tea, another wants a regular coffee, another wants decaf, etc. If everyone wants just regular coffee then it's no different than a normal coffee-maker. In fact, for a group of people who want the same thing, it's actually more work because you'll need to fill up several individual K-cups vs. just filling up one normal 12 cup coffee-maker.

If you don't have a coffeemaker and want to try out K-cups, then that's fine. If you already have a normal coffeemaker and everyone drinks the same drink (ie. coffee), then there's no advantage to getting a Keurig unless you entertain a lot. Even if you do entertain a lot, boiling a pot of water for everyone to mix with their own drink might suffice.
May 29, 2006
672 posts
201 upvotes
False advertising by this company as they are selling this for more then a buck or two :D
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3503 posts
1549 upvotes
Brampton
nelly29 wrote: False advertising by this company as they are selling this for more then a buck or two :D
marketing will say it comes to $1.67 per kcup pod, still within the parameters :razz:
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
nelly29 wrote: False advertising by this company as they are selling this for more then a buck or two :D
Ha! Back in the day they only sold stuff $2 or under like how Dollarama a only sold stuff for a buck.

Nowadays it'd be tough to find a location to buy this deal since Dollarama have driven most stores under.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7070 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I'm back from Dollarstore on mapleton rd in Moncton and they had the exact 3 pack for 3$... :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2208 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
NG wrote: perfect for those who realized the fancy coffee machine craze was just a fad so they can use their $100 machine to make Folgers.
Personally I purchased my Keurig specifically to use the Ekobrew filters (pretty much exactly the same thing as posted by OP). I'm the only one who drinks coffee in my household so I only want one cup at a time, being able to use my own espresso beans is great and the Ekobrew allows me to put a lot of grounds in it so I can make it strong enough for my large cup (I have to use the large setting once and the 2 or 3rd once to fill my cup).

In the end I got exactly what I wanted and I never ever buy the kcups (except my wife sometimes will buy the hot chocolate ones)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7070 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Rudy wrote: Personally I purchased my Keurig specifically to use the Ekobrew filters (pretty much exactly the same thing as posted by OP). I'm the only one who drinks coffee in my household so I only want one cup at a time, being able to use my own espresso beans is great and the Ekobrew allows me to put a lot of grounds in it so I can make it strong enough for my large cup (I have to use the large setting once and the 2 or 3rd once to fill my cup).

In the end I got exactly what I wanted and I never ever buy the kcups (except my wife sometimes will buy the hot chocolate ones)
Almost same situation here. I'm the only one drinking coffee in my house. I didn't see the point of making a pot of coffee in the morning. With this I can make 1 cup at a time. Probably cost more money then a full pot of coffee etc... but still cheaper than the coffee shop.
Dec 1, 2005
115 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
cardguy wrote: the tims is good, nabob, and others...the k machine brew a fast simple cup of coffee with minimal mess...whats wrong with that?
+1
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16831 posts
4611 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
nounou23 wrote: Almost same situation here. I'm the only one drinking coffee in my house. I didn't see the point of making a pot of coffee in the morning. With this I can make 1 cup at a time. Probably cost more money then a full pot of coffee etc... but still cheaper than the coffee shop.
Two words: French Press. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7070 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
becmonchu wrote: same picked this up for $3 at Dollarama.
I didn't buy them. Did you try them out? Are they working good?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7070 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
weedb0y wrote: Two words: French Press. ;)
to fancy for me lol :) but I was thinking about it.

Another reason why we like the Keurig is that we could get instant water. My wife doesn't drink coffee but she drinks hot chocolate. Also when my son was still using a bottle it was nice to get almost instant hot water to heat up the bottles.
Nov 15, 2009
134 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatoon
nounou23 wrote: I didn't buy them. Did you try them out? Are they working good?

I have these, the quality is not so good, the lid not sealed well, so the coffee ground along with some coffee will come out from the top of the filter when brewing, it causes the coffee leaking around the machine. if there is a way to seal the filter tightly, then should be fine, but I haven't found out a way.

the original kcup is tightly sealed , so that the cup can take some pressure in it when water go into the filter, and coffee ground won't come out from top