Expired Hot Deals

Bud Light Lime Summer Swag Showdown (Facebook, AOM CAN, Sept 5)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2010 3:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
27993 posts
1484 upvotes
Calgary

Bud Light Lime Summer Swag Showdown (Facebook, AOM CAN, Sept 5)

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL DRINKING AGE OR OLDER. OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY.

HOW TO PLAY: Contest begins on approximately August 9, 2010 and ends at 12:00pm [EST] on September 5, 2010 (the “Contest Period”). You can enter the Promotion through the Summer Swag Showdown application on the Bud Light Lime Canada Facebook Platform. To enter the Contest and be a registered participant, you must have Internet access, a valid Facebook™ Profile, “LIKE” the Bud Light Lime Canada Facebook page, and have a valid email address. To enter, sign up to the Bud Light Lime Canada Facebook page or Bud Light Lime Quebec Facebook page to become a Fan, complete the online registration form and answer the question “Tell us what makes you a Bud Light Lime Superfan and we’ll put you in the running for a Summer Swag Showdown.” There are four showdowns a day between 12:00pm and 12:00am [EST] during each day of the Contest Period (each, a “Contest Day”). One hundred (100) registered participants are randomly pulled for each Contest Day, contacted by email 24 hours prior to the next Contest Day’s showdown and asked to click on the provided link to be part of the following Contest Day’s showdown. The first twenty (20) registered participants that click on the link will be in one of the following Contest Day’s four (4) showdowns. Once a registered participant has been chosen to be a contestant in a given showdown, they have three (3) hours during their specified showdown period to collect as many votes as possible from Fans of the Bud Light Lime Canada Facebook page or Bud Light Lime Quebec Facebook page. Votes can be collected by using the built in messaging system, Social Share, and the contestants’ own network of Facebook friends.

The Daily Showdown Times:
1st Daily Showdown Time: 12:00 PM EST to 3:00 PM EST
2nd Daily Showdown Time: 3:00 PM EST to 6:00 PM EST
3rd Daily Showdown Time: 6:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST
4th Daily Showdown Time: 9:00 PM EST to 12:00 AM EST
The contestant with the most votes at the end of the showdown will be eligible to win a Showdown Prize (each a “Showdown Winner”). A Showdown Winner is no longer eligible to participate as a contestant in another Showdown during the Contest Period.
In addition, Fans of the Bud Light Lime Canada Facebook page or Bud Light Lime Quebec Facebook page that vote for any of the contestants participating in a showdown through the entire Contest period will be entered for a chance to win a Grand Prize. Limit of one (1) contest entry per Fan. Fans are limited to one (1) vote per showdown, with a maximum of four (4) votes per day. Only fans that have filled out the contest entry form will be eligible to participate in the Grand Prize draw.
All entries must be received by 11:59 am [EST] on September 6, 2010 (the “Contest Close Date”).

CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will run from approximately August 10, 2010 until 12:00pm [EST] on September 6, 2010 (the “Contest Period”). Limit of one (1) contest entry per person.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BudLightLime ... 452&ref=ts
861 replies
Sep 30, 2001
29361 posts
8769 upvotes
Toronto
ugg facebook.. :(

thanks
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10451 posts
629 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Facebook AND voting? Good luck... I'm not even trying
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
Feneant wrote: Facebook AND voting? Good luck... I'm not even trying
I am with you... talk about a double whammy, not worth the stress... but thanks for the post in any case - good luck RFD.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1782 posts
303 upvotes
Ugghh, no thank you. I even use Facebook and this contest is too much, my luck if I did get drawn to be in a showdown it would be while I was at work and unable to access anyway. I had to "like" it to read the rules then I "unliked" it when I was done.
Dec 28, 2006
334 posts
642 upvotes
Maple
Thanks guys.. I ended up winning the camera... wasn't even close thanks to the RFD community.. please let me know when I can return the favour
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
bozotheclown wrote: Thanks guys.. I ended up winning the camera... wasn't even close thanks to the RFD community.. please let me know when I can return the favour
Congratulations! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1782 posts
303 upvotes
We've got another RFD'er in a showdown right now for those of you on facebook- look for the muppet :)
Sep 30, 2001
29361 posts
8769 upvotes
Toronto
man i'm getting smoked :|
Oct 24, 2006
468 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
So they send 60 people an e-mail everyday, and the first 20 to respond move on to the next round, Am I correct?

What time did you guys get e-mails?
Sep 30, 2001
29361 posts
8769 upvotes
Toronto
jeremyw95 wrote: So they send 60 people an e-mail everyday, and the first 20 to respond move on to the next round, Am I correct?

What time did you guys get e-mails?
that's the way i understood it.
my email came shortly after i registered for the contest
Oct 24, 2006
468 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
MrDisco wrote: that's the way i understood it.
my email came shortly after i registered for the contest
Thanks!

Was that today or yesterday? I wonder if they send e-mails at the same time everyday.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
2220 posts
1416 upvotes
bluevektor wrote: Yesterday they sent the email at ~9:30 AM EST.
Today the email came at 3:00 PM EST.

So I think it just varies. And they only email 60 of the contestants from the list, so you're not guaranteed to get one each day. And then out of those 60, you have to be one of the first 20 to respond to be eligible to play.
I am the first person on the list for the contest pool for today, yet I didn't even get an email from them. What gives!?

Anyone playing now?
I like contests and deals
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
27993 posts
1484 upvotes
Calgary
Bud Light Lime Canada "Hey Bud Light Lime fans. We're having some technical issues with our Summer Swag Showdown. We want to make sure it's fair and fun for everyone. So we're going to pause it until we can get it running smoothly. Thanks for your feedback and your patience. We'll let you know when it's back in action."

Hopefully they'll figure it all out before tomorrow when all of us RFDers are playing :)