Hot Deals

[Budd's Cadillac] [ON] Cadillac XT5 Base - 24 Months Lease - FWD $389 / AWD $438 + HST - $3700 Due - 20K KM - 24 Months Maint. Included

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 8:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2907 posts
1647 upvotes
Markham

[ON] Cadillac XT5 Base - 24 Months Lease - FWD $389 / AWD $438 + HST - $3700 Due - 20K KM - 24 Months Maint. Included

Deal Link:
Price:
$389
Expiry:
February 28, 2018
Retailer:
Budd's Cadillac
BuddsXT5-landing-Page.jpg

Hey guys

I noticed Budd's is again running a similar promo to what they had back in July so I touched base with my sales person from the last deal and he confirmed the details. Personally I think that AWD BASE which is new for 2018 very attractive deal especially if you can stack PP on top. Last time they ran out of cars before the end date for promo so don't wait too long if you are interested! Anyway here it is:

What it is:

2018 Cadillac XT5 FWD Base - 24 Months Lease - 20K km/year - $389 + HST - $3700 Due at signing.

2018 Cadillac XT5 AWD Base (New for 2018!) - 24 Months Lease - 20K km/year - $438 + HST - $3700 Due at signing

Silver Metallic color is included at this price. Other paints should add about $20 - $25 to monthly as they increase the sale price about $900 to $1400 (GM charge, not dealer).

24 Month maintenance covered by Cadillac included, can be used at any Cadillac dealer in US/Canada.

GM Preferred Pricing can be stacked and if you or a spouse qualify. Last time people got $80-$90 knocked off from the monthly cost! Please don't email or ask to get PP pricing if you don't qualify, they will not/cannot offer you this as it's a GM run program and requires verification.

Can stack with one of the following bonuses:

- Preferred Pricing.
- Student Bonus.
- Military Bonus.

You can contact any of Budd's team to get this deal, there are no secret handshakes or referrals etc. A lot of us in the June/July thread including myself dealt with Cameron Ernst - cernst@buddschev.com - (289) 218-9418 and found him quick and easy to deal with.

Check with your sales rep for the full details. I'm just posting the broad points.

Resource Links:

Budd's landing page for the XT5 deal.

Cadillac Canada XT5 page.

Cadillac Canada Build + Price page.

==========

FAQ:

Please read the old thread, a lot of information there but to touch on some of the questions that was brought up:

I'm too far to make the trip to Budd's all the way in Oakville, can my local Cadillac dealer PM this?
Depends but most likely not an exact match. You could certainly try your local dealer but keep in mind, this price is possible because Budd's has access to in house leasing which allows them to stack rebates which otherwise won't be possible. Please report here if you are successful.

Is there any way to get PP pricing without qualifying for it?
No, you can't get PP without qualifying for it. They require business card and paystub as verification.

What's the interest rate? Can you reduce cost of burrowing by paying higher downpayment?
5.25%, yes it's considered relatively high but it doesn't matter because you're getting a lot higher incentives from Budd's to lower the capital cost. Same lease through GM would cost almost triple! per month for exact trim and mileage.
Yes, you can pay up to close to 40-45% down to reduce your cost of burrowing. Get multiple quotes to see the difference.

Is this some trick open end lease?
No, It's a close end lease. Residual is guaranteed and you are not responsible for difference between residual and actual value at the end. At lease end, you either walk away or buy out the vehicle at price indicated on your contract if you wish.

Can I get higher trims with this offer?
Yes, your monthly will increase proportionally.

Do they offer lease end wear and tear protection/appearance protection?
Yes, but you have to decide what kind of driver you are and if you are likely to damage the vehicle to be worth getting it.

How is the excess mileage assessed?
Excess KM charged at 20 cents/km up to 10'000 km overage (i.e. your return the vehicle with 50'000 mileage vs. the allowed 40'000). Overage over 10'000 km, you have to buy out the vehicle.

I don't like the [FILL IN HERE] fee/tax/levy they are quoting me, will whining make it go away?
It's up to you to decide ultimately if this is a deal you like or not. You can certainly try to negotiate any fees etc. you don't like but ultimately Budd's has structured these deals to be very competitive and everything except HST is factored in to the monthly payment advertised. In order to keep the thread relevant, please keep the thread on topic and post on Automotive Forum if you have complaints about industry practices or if you are wondering if you should lease or purchase etc.

Do I have to go back to Budd's for my complimentary Cadillac provided maintenance?
No, as mentioned you can take the car in to any Cadillac dealer in Canada for the complimentary maintenance.

It's posted on RFD so it should be alright right? Do I still need to do my due diligence/read what I sign?
Absolutely! Read every single piece of paper you sign!
91 replies
Aug 4, 2007
401 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
So, $389 x 13% x 24 + 3700 = $593.74 a month after tax for FWD and $649.11 a month for AWD and that's w/o interest rates.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
22002 posts
2600 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:42 pm
So, $389 x 13% x 24 + 3700 = $593.74 a month after tax for FWD and $649.11 a month for AWD and that's w/o interest rates.
What do you mean "w/o interest rates"? They don't charge interest on top of that, it's in the lease. However it does seem like a high 5.25% though I don't know what leases are going at these days TBH. But there is $3700 down which is, to me, what makes this not that great a deal. If it were zero down it'd be great but then I suspect the rate is too high.

At 24 months though it'll be over before you know it...good for those that really like to change cars often but otherwise I think a little too short (and not that great a price to warrant it). OTOH this seems like an expensive vehicle as OP suggests it's a better deal than anywhere else.

In other news I'm surprised the company I work for is not on the GM PP list...the previous two companies I worked (finished vehicle logistics) are there but not the one I work for now (auto parts logsitics...and we carry parts primarily for GM). Not like I'm buying a new car any time soon but still disappointing as I'm guessing we're not on the list for other car companies either :(
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Feb 6th, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1425 posts
242 upvotes
Meh - they increased the monthly payment and also the down payment. It’s nice that AWD is available, but this is significantly worse than the summer deal ($1500 down, $349/Mo). Off the top of my head, I think this is 15-20% more expensive (in terms of total financial commitment for the 24 months) than the summer deal ($960 additional payments + $750 additional down + tax)
Feb 2, 2017
81 posts
33 upvotes
If you really want one of these vehicles check Kijiji. I usually can find at least one person trying to get out of these lease deals. Same for the Dodge Rams.
Public Mobile $38/month plan
Verizon Moto E4 $39.88
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2907 posts
1647 upvotes
Markham
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:42 pm
$3700 is due at signing not just the downpayment so includes first month and other usual suspects including I suspect like last time a $400 refundable security deposit. So the total cost should something more like:

$389 x 24 x 1.13 + 3700 - 440 (First month tax in) - 400 = $13409 / 24 = $559 or something thereabouts effective monthly cost. (I didn't include the tax on the downpayment portion as I don't know the exact amount) If you qualify for PP, it will easily be in the $460-$470 range all in.

Whoever gets a quote please help to verify the breakdown of due on delivery for more accuracy.
Aug 4, 2007
401 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
X24Secret wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:13 pm
$3700 is due at signing not just the downpayment so includes first month and other usual suspects including I suspect like last time a $400 refundable security deposit. So the total cost should something more like:

$389 x 24 x 1.13 + 3700 - 440 (First month tax in) - 400 = $13409 / 24 = $559 or something thereabouts effective monthly cost. (I didn't include the tax on the downpayment portion as I don't know the exact amount) If you qualify for PP, it will easily be in the $460-$470 range all in.

Whoever gets a quote please help to verify the breakdown of due on delivery for more accuracy.
If you qualify. I love when people automatically assume that it's guaranteed. In the text provided by you where does it say that 1st payment is included?

And not everyone likes to drive some shade of gray, so one must pay extra to get some colour (per your post whatever dealer decides to charge for it per month). Plus most dealers do not stock base vehicles. They might get one or two, so they could advertise a lower price. But more options = more profit, therefor most of the vehicles have at least some options. That would increase the price.

In the end you're likely to pay more than my initial cost calculations because of options.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1337 posts
249 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:52 pm
If you qualify. I love when people automatically assume that it's guaranteed. In the text provided by you where does it say that 1st payment is included?

And not everyone likes to drive some shade of gray, so one must pay extra to get some colour (per your post whatever dealer decides to charge for it per month). Plus most dealers do not stock base vehicles. They might get one or two, so they could advertise a lower price. But more options = more profit, therefor most of the vehicles have at least some options. That would increase the price.

In the end you're likely to pay more than my initial cost calculations because of options.
clearly not the deal for you, move on.

Thanks OP - I've already been contacted by someone from the dealership to get me a quote. My situation is a little more complex due to an existing lease that I want Budds to payout - if it happens, then I'll have a caddy in my hands soon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2907 posts
1647 upvotes
Markham
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:52 pm

Humm I never assumed, I did say if you qualify for PP you can get a discount in addition to the OP pricing.

You obviously have a hard time understanding due on delivery vs. downpayment. My OP says $3700 due on delivery which in a lease always includes first month payment.

In terms of stock, if you actually clicked on the deal link it takes you to their stock finder which is currently showing 41 base cars on the lot. Last time around they also pulled stock from other dealers when they ran out of their own.

In any case I appologize if the quality of my post isn't up to your highness' expectations.
Sep 12, 2013
25 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Would like to know what type of proof GM require to confirm PP pricing?
Edit - Before people gets crazy idea, my wife works for a bank and is currently on mat leave. Only getting paid by EI
Last edited by winjones on Feb 8th, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5141 posts
783 upvotes
winjones wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 2:43 pm
Would like to know what type of proof GM require to confirm PP pricing?
paystub with your name on it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2907 posts
1647 upvotes
Markham
milolai wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:08 pm
paystub with your name on it
his wife's name is also ok. GM allows PP through spouse as long as same address.
Jan 27, 2008
327 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga
Why so many down votes? May not be good as 2017s, but to some may still find this to be enticing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2907 posts
1647 upvotes
Markham
josb0513 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:42 pm
Why so many down votes? May not be good as 2017s, but to some may still find this to be enticing.
It's not as epic as last time around. And these days on RFD too many discerning folks, not easy to please everyone if it's not something for a buck or two. Smiling Face With Open Mouth