Budget In-Ear Earphones with good noise cancellation for the bus

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2019 12:07 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
331 posts
153 upvotes

Budget In-Ear Earphones with good noise cancellation for the bus

Looking for earphones that have the best noise-isolation possible so that they block out the loud noise of the bus and I can listen to music quietly on them without turning it up.

Budget: $10 to $40. I'm only wearing these on the bus and not as my daily earbuds so don't care about sound quality. Willing to and generally prefer Chinese earphones sold on AliExpress.

Sound quality: Don't care as long as the noise isolation is really good cos these are just for the bus.

Sound signature: Prefer something with a bright sound. Don't want anything that's too warm or bass-heavy.

Other stuff: Don't want any more earphones where the wire picks up microphonic noises from moving around because it rattles on a shaky bus. Also don't want ones with a giant nozzle at the end requiring larger silicone tips.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6458 posts
5922 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What about a new set of well fitted tips? Maybe good foam ones from Comply?
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
331 posts
153 upvotes
The tips aren't the problem as long as they make a seal. Really not a fan of foam tips though, have to roll them and try to get a seal every time.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1087 posts
193 upvotes
https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-H ... uage=en_US

I think ordering from Amazon.com is the cheapest for them, but there are some decent ones there. Rarely with cancellation, but some isolation.

I've seen people at my office with them that are happy with them, even if they lose them on a bus or break them at the gym.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20718 posts
14553 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 6, 2017
870 posts
432 upvotes
Manitoba
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20718 posts
14553 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
NeilJasper wrote: Not yet available in Amazon.ca?
Didn't look. I followed the first link and found/posted the S8 with NC before I realized that I was on the amazon.com site in US$.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1472 posts
574 upvotes
Save up a bit more for tin audio t2? That's what all the audiophile YouTubers are going crazy for. The t2pros and t3 are slightly better according to some people(but different enough that they're not necessarily better for everyone) but any of those 3 will be significantly better than any mainstream brand or iffy cheap chinese stuff like bludio or mpow.

The tips are not deep either. Foam ones offer great isolation, and silicone ones are the same typical ones you get from any other brand.(1 flange, so also very shallow)