• Aug 22nd, 2016 8:18 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga

Budget phone for Rogers/Public Mobile/Wind

Need to get a decent phone for my non-tech savvy relative.

She's currently using a POS alcatel one phone she got from Wind.

Budget is 200$

Any options? I'm thinking about getting the LG G3 beat.

Planning on switching her from Wind to Public Mobile. So Quad-band is the bare minimum, but a penta-band phone would be preferred.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
1 reply
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
522 upvotes
I just got a Moto E 2nd gen. (XT1527) Got it as a Chatr prepaid phone, but I just got the phone and walked out, no activation with Chatr. I use Speakout as my use is limited and it's mainly for emergencies and for whenever I'm travelling. Seeing as Chatr and Speakout both run on the Rogers network, I didn't need to unlock it but I did anyway for when I go to the US I can use Tracfone there. You can get an unlock code from eBay for ~$3-4

You just missed the sale on it at BB, it was $75, now it is back to $100. But you'd still be ahead buying this phone and unlocking it yourself vs buying it unlocked.