• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 3:47 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC

Buffalo Jeans says my return will be in 30 days

Bought some things from Buffalo for Black Friday. Didn't like it so I shipped it back to Montreal. Return policy is within 30 days. Checked the tracking number and it arrived in Montreal recently. Sent them an email with a quick update regarding that return. They surprisingly quickly reply and say that the return will be processed but it'll take 30 business days to put back on my card. Wtf. That can't be normal.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9211 upvotes
Vancouver
Sounds pretty normal for small/unknown companies.

Most credit card issuers make you wait at least 30 days before you can start a dispute.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Spinner wrote: Sounds pretty normal for small/unknown companies.

Most credit card issuers make you wait at least 30 days before you can start a dispute.
Lol... hardly a small unknown company.

Buffalo Jeans has been an iconic part of Cdn Retail for over 30 Years... and is now owned / operated by American Brand Iconix

https://www.buffalojeans.ca/en/AboutUs
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iconix_Brand_Group
OP, agree that 30 Days sounds like a long wait.

Are you sure they said, 30 Days... or was it Up To 30 Days ?

Websites like Credit Karma say that the AVERAGE wait is 15 Days... and short end of that average is about a week... so therefore the long end of that average would be indeed in the 3 to 4 week range. They also say a lot of it has to do with Credit Card Cycles... ya know how you buy something this month, but you don’t actually pay for it until next month... so it can go with Refunds too

https://www.creditkarma.com/credit-card ... rd-refund/
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Here is a copy and paste of the email they sent me after my inquiry

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate your patience and rest assured your refund will be completed in the coming days and you will be contacted via email once it has been completed.

From the date we receive your return it may take up to 30 business days before refund has been issued due to the holidays.

Once again thank you for your patience.

Regards
Buffalo Customer Care
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
flipper316 wrote: Here is a copy and paste of the email they sent me after my inquiry

We appreciate your patience and rest assured your refund will be completed in the coming days and you will be contacted via email once it has been completed.

From the date we receive your return it may take up to 30 business days before refund has been issued due to the holidays.

Regards
Buffalo Customer Care
Ya, looks like a Standard “CYA” memo...

Pretty much in line with what I said (and Credit Karma) in Reply # 3 above
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
flipper316 wrote: Here is a copy and paste of the email they sent me after my inquiry

Regards
Buffalo Customer Care
Ya, looks like a Standard “CYA” memo...

Pretty much in line with what I said (and Credit Karma) in Reply # 3 above
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1525 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Clearly says "UP TO" 30 days, not "WILL TAKE" 30 days. They also clearly noted the holidays. They could very well be closed for a week or two.

It will likely be less time but they include that to avoid well.....this.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Good News rfd'ers. Buffalo just sent an email saying my refund has been approved. Thanks for your support .
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, I did a return at Under Armour 1 year ago. About 2 days after they received the returned item I called in to ask about my refund. They said because of the holidays it could take up to 15 business days (it might have been more or less, I forget now) because they have to sort through all of the returns. I ended up getting my refund after about 12 business days.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"