Jun 5, 2007
973 posts
205 upvotes
York

[Delta.com] Buffalo to Moscow $579 RT Delta

More offers from Delta.com
Shout out to Chris Myden for tweeting this:

Chris Myden ‏@YYZdeals
There are currently flights from Buffalo to Moscow for $579 roundtrip after taxes. About half the usual bottom price.
http://t.co/GckkHLlw

[IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7976/bufsvo.png[/IMG]
Could be a great price for a very unusual reading break trip.

Have two-three weeks to spare?
Take the transsiberian to Vladivostok from Moscow and fly back to Moscow with this great deal on flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage- ... e-way.html

Russian visas are at least $75 for a single entry. Some people do a mileage run to SVO without a visa so you may be able to buy another flight on Estonian, SAS or Finnair for cheap and just use SVO to transit.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1646 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Mother Russia!!!!
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time
Intel core 2 duo E8400
Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram
XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 7200RPM HDD w/ 32mb cache
Logitech z560 4.1
Nov 3, 2003
585 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Can you do a visa-free transit at SVO? I've heard if it being done at DME, but haven't any reports about SVO... otherwise, there is a little bit more to the visa process than handing over $75...
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5738 posts
2401 upvotes
Winnipeg
dates in March are around 5 hun also
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2010
1148 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
be very careful with visa requirements
Jul 14, 2009
413 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Russia in the middle of winter. HELL NO!!!

You'd have to pay me. :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
famosa wrote: Russia in the middle of winter. HELL NO!!!

You'd have to pay me. :lol:
You can tour outdoor St. Petersburg and Moscow from the comfort of your bathroom via Google Street View. You'd be going for indoor Russia. The "invitation" requirement certainly adds to the visa difficulty, but then again booking a tour might not be such a bad idea in that Cyrillic script nation.

According to google.ca/flights, the $559 deal also applies to Portland (ME) and Burlington (VT). A New York overnight is required on the date I checked for Burlington.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
[OP]
Jun 5, 2007
973 posts
205 upvotes
York
YYZC2 wrote: Can you do a visa-free transit at SVO? I've heard if it being done at DME, but haven't any reports about SVO... otherwise, there is a little bit more to the visa process than handing over $75...
From iFly.com
. Non-citizens of Russia with an airline ticket & confirmed seating for the connecting flight are allowed to stay at the Airport up to 24 hrs without a valid Russian visa.
. International transfer passengers whose connecting flight is schedule more than 24 hrs after arrival, can get a Russian transit visa, upon presentation of valid IDs & connecting flight ticket, from the consular officer at Sheremetyevo Airport 6am-1am (tel. +7 495 971 2082).
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
295 upvotes
Midland
Don't know what the appeal of going to Russia would be, unless you have relatives living there? :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8779 posts
5190 upvotes
gordholio wrote: Don't know what the appeal of going to Russia would be, unless you have relatives living there? :)

With a closed mind like that, you'll probably never know ...
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10339 posts
3700 upvotes
gordholio wrote: Don't know what the appeal of going to Russia would be, unless you have relatives living there? :)
You might get to see some pro hockey there...looking at your avatar
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
Don't you watch the Amazing Race? You can learn syncronised swimming and, um, ride around in a taxi.

I want to go because of the Moscow metro.
By the way, according to google.ca/flights, the deal is still active.
From Moscow, you can also ride the Trans-Siberian all the way to North Korea.
Feb 3, 2007
903 posts
93 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Don't you watch the Amazing Race? You can learn syncronised swimming and, um, ride around in a taxi.

I want to go because of the Moscow metro.
By the way, according to google.ca/flights, the deal is still active.

Yea mscow metro is a thing of beauty. Definately worth a trip for some beautifyul sites.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
Here is the English version of the Trans Siberian site. Watching it in 1080p is a great way to annoy your online gaming room-mates.
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
This is hot deal, can't believe I did not see this earlier. Cold ncix and stooples sales clutter hot deals section
Dec 21, 2006
204 posts
23 upvotes
Oakville
To watch some NHL in action, he-he ;)