• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2017 12:34 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1161 posts
437 upvotes

Buick Encore

My recently retired Dad is looking to purchase an Encore. Does anyone have any experience with the "refreshed" 2017 model? Looking online there doesn't seem to be any major issues. I did see a few postings about the touch screen and how sometimes it's hard to see what's displayed....

Thanks for any info!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I don't have any constructive feedback but just came to post the Buick encore commercial.

I love it because of the jingle.

Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3142 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
flyingnurse wrote: I don't have any constructive feedback but just came to post the Buick encore commercial.

I love it because of the jingle.

But that's not even the Encore.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
I like it. ITs a cute looking car. Nice size which I prefer... It looks to be a great urban commuter. Especially for your dad. Old people love these smaller economical cars... Good on gas, easy to park, etc... Its got AWD too, so you can get around when things get a bit hairy in the winter.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
MikeMC12 wrote: But that's not even the Encore.
Haha, you are correct!

Still a nice jingle though
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
I helped my retired dad get a trax, the chevy version, and no complaints. Its not fast, but a good commuter with room to carry stuff. Good for getting in and out of.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Not sure if it was always on it, or it's the new version, but I saw one today and liked that the "eyebrow" DRL actually becomes the turn signal as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1161 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener
I rented one for 2 weeks in Florida this winter . We put about 1k on it over 3 weeks . Its nothing spectacular but it worked out great . Good on gas ,Quiet , lots of space .
Avis did me an upgrade for minimal cost .
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Slow as puck. Useless trunk.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6252 upvotes
Poormond Hill
mr_raider wrote: Slow as puck. Useless trunk.
His father is retired. Do you think he's in the rush to go anywhere?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
sandikosh wrote: His father is retired. Do you think he's in the rush to go anywhere?
Buy a Cruze. Same engine, less weight. Hell buy a verano. Final model year, heavy discounts.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
Honestly, I don't like this vehicle nor the Trax. The Encore used to be silly expensive, thankfully they had to cut some of the pricing. If you wanted a vehicle like this that is IMO better, the Kia Soul is much nicer and significantly cheaper. I can't really find much fault the Kia without being nitpicky, but I can definitely fault these expensive tiny CUVs.
- Jegan V