• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2019 1:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9568 posts
1265 upvotes

[Bulk Barn] Bulk Barn (save 25%) Reuseable Container Program

Not sure how it would work but I assume you have to have them weigh your container empty and then weight it once you make your purchase?

Seems like a nice promo. Discount is decent.
77 replies
Nov 12, 2014
139 posts
101 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Yes that's correct. They'll weigh just your container first. make sure you approach a cashier before you start shopping
Apr 14, 2017
551 posts
487 upvotes
Not worth the hassle since it doesn't stack with other discounts.
Jan 19, 2007
538 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
pny128 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:10 am
Not worth the hassle since it doesn't stack with other discounts.
It's not too much extra hassle. Deal is good for things you want but aren't particularly on sale at the time you're there. You just give them your container(s) and they markup the weights on them. Takes like 30 seconds. Also, for the environmental warriors it helps save some plastic bag waste.
Jul 22, 2019
231 posts
189 upvotes
People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
Jun 25, 2019
14 posts
88 upvotes
simplypop wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:47 am
People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
At least Bulk Barn is trying. We've got to do something about single use packaging. Making excuses as to why you can't doesn't help. We've been using this method for a while.and it works great.
Nov 5, 2018
9 posts
22 upvotes
Ontario
I don't think of it as a discount, I think of it as a premium for all y'all single-use-plastic using folks Winking Face

Edit: The ;) wink is too aggressive! lol.
Last edited by ColtinC30775 on Sep 12th, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 20, 2009
628 posts
144 upvotes
GTA
I haven't seen bulk barn $3 off $10 in sometime. Have they stopped giving the coupon or I missed out?
BTW, I fully support any efforts made towards environment preservation even if brings some hassle.
Jul 22, 2019
231 posts
189 upvotes
onepoint21 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:54 am
At least Bulk Barn is trying. We've got to do something about single use packaging. Making excuses as to why you can't doesn't help. We've been using this method for a while.and it works great.
Ya it works good if people wash containers. But with the 1% of idiots out there, it'll ruin it for everyone or get someone sick.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9568 posts
1265 upvotes
musicmastomagic wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:15 am
I haven't seen bulk barn $3 off $10 in sometime. Have they stopped giving the coupon or I missed out?
BTW, I fully support any efforts made towards environment preservation even if brings some hassle.
In the last couple of months it has been more of $5 off $20 so basically 25% off.

I have not seen the $3 for $10 in a while too unfortunately.
Jun 19, 2019
558 posts
335 upvotes
"Centre of the …
Help to Save the environment and just Fill your reuseable pockets.
Get unsalted products to save paying tax.
ʇɔɐ ʎɹɐuoıʇnloʌəɹ ɐ səɯoɔəq ɥʇnɹʇ əɥʇ buılləʇ 'ʇıəɔəp lɐsɹəʌıun ɟo səɯıʇ buıɹnp
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Poutine Eating Championship Sat Oct 19 TO. Free Poutine Monster Bevs Kraft D.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4217 posts
640 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought $130 worth of organic stuff I use to make a cereal mix and came to $100. For some of the higher price items you can’t find anywhere else it’s awesome.

It’s best to bring same containers to reduce weighting all of the containers one after another at the store front. Yes cross contamination can happen but as long as your not allergic then overall risk is small. At least in my eyes.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 23, 2015
270 posts
819 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
simplypop wrote: People can scoop stuff in theirs and if it’s too much they scoop it back into the bulk barn bin. Perfect way to get cross contamination’s
If your worried about cross contamination bulk barn is not the store for you
Mar 12, 2016
505 posts
549 upvotes
To grow up in a society where we worry about "cross contamination" with containers at BULK BARN, which is the exact reason why so many people have less than ideal immune systems.

I don't deny the fact that it is possible some one in a million person will use a container that they used to store raw pork in and didn't clean properly, but I think that's where the cashiers come in