Expired Hot Deals

[Bulk Barn] Reusable Container Program-- 20% off ALL reg priced BULK items with printable coupon March 16-25

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 3:41 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3366 posts
3423 upvotes
GTA

[Bulk Barn] Reusable Container Program-- 20% off ALL reg priced BULK items with printable coupon March 16-25

March 16-25, show coupon get 20% off ALL regular price BULK items when you bring your own reusable containers.

No minimum purchase and no limit on # of items.

Sign up for emails, the coupon will be sent to you on March 15. https://www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Sign-Up

Reusable Container Standards https://www.bulkbarn.ca/Reusable-Contai ... dards.html
Last edited by Kfox on Feb 27th, 2020 12:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
20 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 15, 2014
776 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Time to stock up on nuts.
Please respond
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2006
2911 posts
834 upvotes
Ontario
has anyone used this program? how does it work?

do you have them weight the empty container when you enter the store so that you're not paying for the container's weight?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Member
Jun 18, 2016
270 posts
600 upvotes
minimalist wrote: has anyone used this program? how does it work?

do you have them weight the empty container when you enter the store so that you're not paying for the container's weight?
Yes, take it to the front and they'll weigh it and write down the weight. Then when you checkout they'll tare it.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3058 posts
1286 upvotes
Canada
Just had a terrible experience at the local Bulk Barn in Winnipeg St Vital location. Manager is terrible. Will never give this store our business again.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2010
2698 posts
757 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Just had a terrible experience at the local Bulk Barn in Winnipeg St Vital location. Manager is terrible. Will never give this store our business again.
Wouldn’t let you stack?
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3058 posts
1286 upvotes
Canada
jt05mi wrote: Wouldn’t let you stack?
Nope. Wouldn't accept online coupon. Said it needed to be printed. I've shown online coupon many times in the past. But manager tonight would not accept.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2051 posts
533 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Nope. Wouldn't accept online coupon. Said it needed to be printed. I've shown online coupon many times in the past. But manager tonight would not accept.
Wait so they made you pour everything back out of your own containers? For contamination reasons the product can’t be sold afterwards. Should’ve stood your ground. Shame on an eco friendly store to require a printed coupon.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3058 posts
1286 upvotes
Canada
Goonish wrote: Wait so they made you pour everything back out of your own containers? For contamination reasons the product can’t be sold afterwards. Should’ve stood your ground. Shame on an eco friendly store to require a printed coupon.
It was my GF physically at the store and she called me from the store, where I spoke to the manager on the phone. My GF just ended up paying the full price. Not what I would have done but she's not comfortable with conflict. When she got home we both agreed we won't be going back to the store ever again.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2011
741 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
gbill2004 wrote: It was my GF physically at the store and she called me from the store, where I spoke to the manager on the phone. My GF just ended up paying the full price. Not what I would have done but she's not comfortable with conflict. When she got home we both agreed we won't be going back to the store ever again.
I would email a complaint with the point gbill wrote above about the eco friendly thing.
Newbie
Dec 31, 2016
48 posts
9 upvotes
That is strange. I’ve only used coupons shown on my phone and I have never had any problems.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3058 posts
1286 upvotes
Canada
gekaizer wrote: I would email a complaint with the point gbill wrote above about the eco friendly thing.
We've just decided to never give that store our business again. Sometimes we prefer voting with our wallets.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3058 posts
1286 upvotes
Canada
ohfive wrote: That is strange. I’ve only used coupons shown on my phone and I have never had any problems.
Same here up until last night.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3366 posts
3423 upvotes
GTA
gbill2004 wrote: We've just decided to never give that store our business again. Sometimes we prefer voting with our wallets.
I'd contact head office and complain because it sounds like you encountered a franchisee who needs to be told what's right. They might send you a credit to make amends

Top