Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5088 posts
1351 upvotes
Aurora
BenzDude11 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 11:45 am
I'm gonna make this now. Gonna find a good Youtube receipe and try it out. I love Asian style jerky over the Western dry bark jerky
Glad to hear you're giving it a go. If Asian jerky is your preference, there are some resources on the web. I found this one particularly helpful, except that I like grilling them as the final step like I see my local shops do instead of doing it all in an oven:
https://www.malaysianchinesekitchen.com ... ork-jerky/
Aug 29, 2018
126 posts
104 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 5:13 pm
Glad to hear you're giving it a go. If Asian jerky is your preference, there are some resources on the web. I found this one particularly helpful, except that I like grilling them as the final step like I see my local shops do instead of doing it all in an oven:
Exact one I was gonna follow. Can't wait! If its awesome, I won't buy BKH anymore.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3422 posts
211 upvotes
Adelaide
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 5:13 pm
Have made it before, really should give it another go. Agree that grilled over charcoal is really nice way to finish it. What do you do for storage? Ever freeze some?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5088 posts
1351 upvotes
Aurora
BongoBong wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 6:29 pm
Have made it before, really should give it another go. Agree that grilled over charcoal is really nice way to finish it. What do you do for storage? Ever freeze some?
I've never tried freezing jerky but I don't really see any problem with that. Just that no matter how much I make, we usually finish them within in two or three weeks. So I just keep them in the fridge until gone. Sometimes I'll take some out of the fridge for eating within a day or so.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3422 posts
211 upvotes
Adelaide
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 2:21 pm
I've never tried freezing jerky but I don't really see any problem with that. Just that no matter how much I make, we usually finish them within in two or three weeks. So I just keep them in the fridge until gone. Sometimes I'll take some out of the fridge for eating within a day or so.
Ahhh so you have kept it up to 3 weeks in the fridge, thats good to know. Wasn't sure if you could get much more than a week, which would be a bit quick to finish everything off.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1078 posts
294 upvotes
Edmonton
Just made a batch over the weekend. Not bad. But I need to make it thinner as its not dry enough for my liking. The taste is there though.