Bulk Brioche Buns in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2021 11:17 pm
[OP]
Jun 7, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote

Bulk Brioche Buns in Toronto

Does anyone where i can get bulk brioche buns in Toronto? like a bakery or a restaurant supply store.

Thanks
22 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10486 upvotes
Ottawa
Go to any bakery and tell them you want to buy a lot. Or got to any grocery store and buy all that is on the shelf.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4275 posts
1417 upvotes
GTA
mastertuttoo wrote: Does anyone where i can get bulk brioche buns in Toronto? like a bakery or a restaurant supply store.

Thanks
May be worth checking to see if Costco sells these? I feel like I saw them there once but I could be mistaken. Do you need them one-time or will it be a regular purchase?

I think @Pete_Coach offered good advice as well, try speaking with some local bakeries.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I tried Costco and local bakeries to no avail. I'll try other bakeries. This is a regular weekly purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3147 posts
252 upvotes
mastertuttoo wrote: I tried Costco and local bakeries to no avail. I'll try other bakeries. This is a regular weekly purchase.
I am pretty sure I saw a 3 pack of 4 buns in costco dixie missisauga about 1.5 weeks ago.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12251 posts
2030 upvotes
mastertuttoo wrote: I tried Costco and local bakeries to no avail. I'll try other bakeries. This is a regular weekly purchase.
Costco definitely does sell brioche buns but they are baked like dinner rolls. I think they aren't that great when already baked in the store. If I were you, I would ask them to buy the frozen brioche dough. It comes in a big bag of like 100+ portioned frozen balls. Thaw and bake as needed. The plus is that you can reshape them to your needs. Just ask a worker and they will get it for you.

Costco also sells a packaged name brand brioche bun sometimes. I've seen it a lot lately.

Other than that, if you are doing this weekly, like for a business, you just simply need to contact some bakeries and make a standing order. Work out a price and contract and they will deliver it to you every week.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2439 posts
2104 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
At my Costco, they sell the brioche buns $35 for 336 (yes that is 336) frozen. They are not listed anywhere, but if you go to the bakery section and ask at the back. They are the best. I take out what I want, thaw, shape, proof and bake. I use them for bread, buns, rolls, dessert rolls, it's amazing.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16745 posts
11492 upvotes
Markham
Saw brioche buns at Costco on Warden yesterday in the bakery section...must have been a bag of maybe a couple dozen.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12251 posts
2030 upvotes
Macx2mommy wrote: At my Costco, they sell the brioche buns $35 for 336 (yes that is 336) frozen. They are not listed anywhere, but if you go to the bakery section and ask at the back. They are the best. I take out what I want, thaw, shape, proof and bake. I use them for bread, buns, rolls, dessert rolls, it's amazing.
Yeah super convenient but that bag is so huge. We split it with a bunch of families because we don't have much freezer space
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2439 posts
2104 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
gr8dlr wrote: Saw brioche buns at Costco on Warden yesterday in the bakery section...must have been a bag of maybe a couple dozen.
The frozen ones are a lot better.
slowtyper wrote: Yeah super convenient but that bag is so huge. We split it with a bunch of families because we don't have much freezer space
Yeah, ours are 336 buns, but I split with others, or share on a local FB page.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4191 posts
1737 upvotes
Scarborough
slowtyper wrote: Costco definitely does sell brioche buns but they are baked like dinner rolls. I think they aren't that great when already baked in the store. If I were you, I would ask them to buy the frozen brioche dough. It comes in a big bag of like 100+ portioned frozen balls. Thaw and bake as needed. The plus is that you can reshape them to your needs. Just ask a worker and they will get it for you.

Costco also sells a packaged name brand brioche bun sometimes. I've seen it a lot lately.

Other than that, if you are doing this weekly, like for a business, you just simply need to contact some bakeries and make a standing order. Work out a price and contract and they will deliver it to you every week.
Macx2mommy wrote: At my Costco, they sell the brioche buns $35 for 336 (yes that is 336) frozen. They are not listed anywhere, but if you go to the bakery section and ask at the back. They are the best. I take out what I want, thaw, shape, proof and bake. I use them for bread, buns, rolls, dessert rolls, it's amazing.
Macx2mommy wrote: The frozen ones are a lot better.
Yeah, ours are 336 buns, but I split with others, or share on a local FB page.
slowtyper wrote: All of them.
So what do I do, approach the bakery section and say "pssst, you got that huge box of frozen brioche buns that we're not suppose to know about but I gotta ask anyways"? lol... I feel like it's a backdoor deal and I'm getting someone in trouble.

But seriously, can I call ahead or do I legit just approach them and ask them for the frozen box of brioche? Are they labelled already for purchase? How is this even a thing and yet it's already marked for consumer sale? What other things am I missing out on?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2439 posts
2104 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
OrangeBerry wrote: So what do I do, approach the bakery section and say "pssst, you got that huge box of frozen brioche buns that we're not suppose to know about but I gotta ask anyways"? lol... I feel like it's a backdoor deal and I'm getting someone in trouble.

But seriously, can I call ahead or do I legit just approach them and ask them for the frozen box of brioche? Are they labelled already for purchase? How is this even a thing and yet it's already marked for consumer sale? What other things am I missing out on?
It’s not that secretive (at least in my city). At the bakery, there should be a wall that shows that you can buy bulk items. You just go to the bakery and ask if they sell the bulk brioche. They will take a box, and label it on the spot. It has the instructions right on The box with the price. This is the same with croissants, bagels, cookies and other items. In my specifically, the brioche was not on the big sign but k notice a small paper sign one time able the brioche and asked. I have been to other Costco’s in my city without any sign, and just asked. Apparently, they don’t like to change the big signs. It may vary from store to store. Be forewarned the box is big and heavy.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4191 posts
1737 upvotes
Scarborough
Macx2mommy wrote: It’s not that secretive (at least in my city). At the bakery, there should be a wall that shows that you can buy bulk items. You just go to the bakery and ask if they sell the bulk brioche. They will take a box, and label it on the spot. It has the instructions right on The box with the price. This is the same with croissants, bagels, cookies and other items. In my specifically, the brioche was not on the big sign but k notice a small paper sign one time able the brioche and asked. I have been to other Costco’s in my city without any sign, and just asked. Apparently, they don’t like to change the big signs. It may vary from store to store. Be forewarned the box is big and heavy.
Thanks, so you're saying you can defrost a couple and then they're able to be reshaped? Take some pics next time you make some I wanna see how they look frozen and finished product for reference before I commit to a big purchase order and if anyone in the Scarborough area wants to split a box with me please let me know. My freezer is pretty full
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2439 posts
2104 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
OrangeBerry wrote: Thanks, so you're saying you can defrost a couple and then they're able to be reshaped? Take some pics next time you make some I wanna see how they look frozen and finished product for reference before I commit to a big purchase order and if anyone in the Scarborough area wants to split a box with me please let me know. My freezer is pretty full
I have lots log pics, but can’t figure out how to upload. I thaw them for 30 minutes, then shape. You can dip them in cinnamon, sugar, butter and make monkey, or fill with pesto, I use one and a half and make hamburger buns or hot dogs buns (though my hot dog buns are weirdly shaped). You can even make a whole loaf of brioche. Once you shape, you let rise again for a couple of hours and bake.

They sell the backed brichoe for about $6 for 24 dinner rolls. You may want to try them first to see if you like the taste. My kids loved them but I couldn’t finish 24 before they went stale. So I do really like having the fresh bread. They take a ton of space though.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12251 posts
2030 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: So what do I do, approach the bakery section and say "pssst, you got that huge box of frozen brioche buns that we're not suppose to know about but I gotta ask anyways"? lol... I feel like it's a backdoor deal and I'm getting someone in trouble.

it's a thing everyone will know, I think there might even be a sign up somewhere in the back

My wife makes Korean hot dog buns (or pizza buns maybe they are called)...so good. Sometimes she deep fried them to make donuts.

They're just little balls of dough. You defrost, shape them, then cover and let sit at room temp for a while and they will proof them you cook anyway. Pretty versatile once you get the hang of it.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4191 posts
1737 upvotes
Scarborough
Macx2mommy wrote: I have lots log pics, but can’t figure out how to upload.
You can literally drag and drop them to IMGUR website from the camera folder and they will upload, if not I can add you on WhatsApp and you can send them to me from your phone. Yah I'm persistent, sorry haha.
Feb 5, 2007
771 posts
349 upvotes
Mississauga
def seen brioche @ costco

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)