None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
24 upvotes
Scarborough

Bulk cheap springrolls?

Have a company potluck coming up. Approximately 80 people. I used to be able to buy cheap veggie springrolls from Taiko (9 little ones for $2), but they've closed down. The Oriental food mart doesn't have them. Where else can I get? Personally I think it's unfair for them to ask us to bring food for business meetings, while there's an underlying threat of us losing our jobs with the CEO earning millions.

So any "cheap" suggestions would be appreciated! The only other thing I can think of is the 5 samosas/dollar at Samosa King ..
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1548 posts
90 upvotes
North York
Pot luck for a company function? Talk about hard times...

My aunt threw a family function and picked up 60 spring rolls for $20, $30 if you want them to fry it for you too... so not as good a deal as yours. She got it somewhere in Scarborough... I'll ask for you when I get a chance.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1998 posts
173 upvotes
My mom's office gets them from Chinatown at the bakery on the south side just east of Huron next to the alley (where that "mall" with Starbucks is/was (not sure if it's still there)) and they're apparently really cheap like 4 for $1. But don't totally quote me on that since that's just what she told me, she hasn't bought them for the function but people have, on many occasions, and the people like them. But she knows they're pretty cheap.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3833 posts
68 upvotes
I think T&T has them (10 for $2), you can probably call in advance to have them made. They're vegetarian and all you need is a bottle of the thick chili sauce to go with it.
You're not funny.
Apr 6, 2004
443 posts
55 upvotes
I've always got the mini-rolls from Remely's on the north side of Sheppard between McCowan and Markham (in the Tim Horton's plaza). I don't remeber the exact price but they were pretty cheap (around $0.25/each I think) and taste awesome.
Link/
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1548 posts
90 upvotes
North York
So I was mistaken... it is $30 for 100 spring rolls (cooked) or $20 for 100 (uncooked)

But it's not a store, some local lady makes them and sells it to her friends and such... so she probably doesn't sell to random strangers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
24 upvotes
Scarborough
I see the T&T ones 4 for $2 at the dimsum stand. Remely's looks like $25 for 25 which is a dollar each? I can't afford to bring $80 of food to a company potluck - it's almost a week's groceries for me!

Any bulk foolproof recipes? Maybe I should just buy some sausage rolls, but there's several individuals who will spend a fortune to impress management. Unfortunately they do succeed and get promotions etc. Should I also buy my way up the organisation?

More suggestions please!
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
1162 posts
3 upvotes
Costco (markham rd/14th) has packages of vege spring rolls.
Don't remember the exact price.
Apr 6, 2004
443 posts
55 upvotes
Muncher wrote: I see the T&T ones 4 for $2 at the dimsum stand. Remely's looks like $25 for 25 which is a dollar each? I can't afford to bring $80 of food to a company potluck - it's almost a week's groceries for me!

Any bulk foolproof recipes? Maybe I should just buy some sausage rolls, but there's several individuals who will spend a fortune to impress management. Unfortunately they do succeed and get promotions etc. Should I also buy my way up the organisation?

More suggestions please!
The ones for $1 each at Remely's are their full size spring rolls which I don't think taste as good. They have mini ones (Lumpia?) that are much cheaper and taste great. Give them a call and they'll know what you're talking about.