Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2005
2058 posts
72 upvotes

Bundt cake always breaks

Everytime I make a bundt cake a small piece about 2-3 inches long and 1 inch wide seems to break off from the side. I butter the pan very well and tried flouring it as well but no luck. I also let it sit in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Suggestions? I am starting to get frustrated!

My most recent mishaps have been with this recipe

https://www.hersheys.com/celebrate/holi ... spx?id=184
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2999 posts
1138 upvotes
I find the whole letting cool thing to be the problem. I started flipping it out right away a while ago and have never dealt with cracking since.
May 28, 2012
10319 posts
2458 upvotes
Saskatoon
I usually flip them out of the pan when they are hot, maybe three, four minutes out of the oven. If it's allowed to cool, sometimes it sticks and then, when you are prying it out of the pan, it falls apart - sometimes it depends on the moistness of the batter. If I'm making cake layers, I always put a parchment bottom in the pan, can't do that with shaped pans though. I butter every area of the inner surface and dust with flour; this does help it release easier.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6750 posts
1399 upvotes
You need Pam for Baking spray. It's foolproof. Get it at pretty much any grocery store.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1057 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
bonterra wrote:
Oct 29th, 2013 9:37 pm
You need Pam for Baking spray. It's foolproof. Get it at pretty much any grocery store.
+1

It has flour in it. Great for bundt pans or any cake pans that have nooks and crannies.