Expired Hot Deals

[Burger King] 2 Chicken Sandwiches for $5 (Original or Spicy)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 4:08 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2012
781 posts
185 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

[Burger King] 2 Chicken Sandwiches for $5 (Original or Spicy)

The original 2 for $5 Chicken Sandwich deal is back at Burger King

Especially impressive given inflation and increased minimum wages.

Probably pink slime but whatevs, its tasty
83 replies
Aug 21, 2011
417 posts
217 upvotes
Probably pink slime but whatevs, its tasty
I appreciate this disclaimer because you already know a bunch of RFD'ers are about to hop in and complain about
a. The quality of the chicken compared to "X chicken from FreshCo"
b. The price compared to a limited-time fast food promo from 20 years ago (2 for $4)

Love these deals
Mar 9, 2012
183 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to seem clueless but what's the pink slime referencing to? If I'm eating this and there's something about pink slime I'm a little concerned lol.

Edit: must be a joke about the meat quality. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2460 posts
1776 upvotes
Prince George
weinthere wrote: Sorry to seem clueless but what's the pink slime referencing to? If I'm eating this and there's something about pink slime I'm a little concerned lol.

There was a photo circulating the Intertubes a few years ago purporting to show the raw material (mechanically deboned and ground up chicken) going into McNuggets. It didn’t look particularly appetizing. I believe that’s what made the phrase popular.

Personally I think if you ground any meat, even the finest Wagyu beef, really fine it would resemble pink slime so I don’t know what all the fuss was about.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1471 posts
673 upvotes
MB
Sorry to seem clueless but what's the pink slime referencing to? If I'm eating this and there's something about pink slime I'm a little concerned lol.

[/quote]

Pink slime is an additive used in some hamburger. Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3111 posts
1066 upvotes
says $7 for 2 on the website right now?

2 for $5 breakfast croissants though

Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2053 posts
199 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Can confirm 2 chicken burgers for $5 in Ontario
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3111 posts
1066 upvotes
demanche wrote: Can confirm 2 chicken burgers for $5 in Ontario
which one? I'll go to the hwy7 and woodbine location tonight, hopefully they have it there
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4140 posts
2458 upvotes
Tkavil wrote: I appreciate this disclaimer because you already know a bunch of RFD'ers are about to hop in and complain about
a. The quality of the chicken compared to "X chicken from FreshCo"
b. The price compared to a limited-time fast food promo from 20 years ago (2 for $4)

Love these deals
Bang on people will complain about these deals. Probably best bang for your buck deal
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21130 posts
23335 upvotes
Toronto
I love these. Eat two and you've got more than your recommended daily sodium intake in just one meal, bonus!
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2053 posts
199 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
toronto19850 wrote: which one? I'll go to the hwy7 and woodbine location tonight, hopefully they have it there
This was in Kanata (Ottawa) -- but they even had signage outside the store in the parking lot.
Jan 19, 2017
442 posts
737 upvotes
sprung wrote: I love these. Eat two and you've got more than your recommended daily sodium intake in just one meal, bonus!
Looks like your already salty enough yourself. Probably best to skip the deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1304 posts
290 upvotes
Brampton
No such promo at agincourt mall 2 for $7 fish chicken or whopper is all they have.
Sep 8, 2017
422 posts
994 upvotes
Don't forget to do the survey on the back of the receipt, you get a free whopper when you buy any size fry and drink, a small drink and fry and whopper at the woodbine And hwy7 store is $3.13
Jun 7, 2011
46 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
This deal exists at the King / Dufferin location in Toronto.
Images
  • km.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)