Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

$5 Original Chicken Sandwich Meal

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2021 11:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9584 posts
8138 upvotes
Kitchener
MongolHoarder wrote: Mini shakes are a free substitution too
Didn't know that, thanks! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with the Cherry Coke though.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24549 posts
12613 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: I love BK combos for 2 reasons:
1 - Onion rings w Zesty sauce (free substitution)
2 - Cherry Coke
Not to sound like an idiot here on a public forum, to avoid sounding like an idiot to the BK employee in the drive-thru but how do I order this?

Instead of fries, onion rings please ...
With zesty sauce?

Or it just comes with zesty sauce when you order any onion rings?

Why you gotta tell me that :p
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9584 posts
8138 upvotes
Kitchener
DaVibe wrote: Instead of fries, onion rings please ...
With zesty sauce?
YES, place your order EXACTLY like this!

The other thing I love about their rings is that they're usually squished.......and because of this, they can fit more into the container :)
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18491 posts
13280 upvotes
Markham
kthxbye wrote: Very salty.
Extra salt is also a free substitution I think.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3676 posts
1452 upvotes
Montreal
kthxbye wrote: Very salty.
indeed! they need to relax on the salt with these chicken sandwich lol
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18491 posts
13280 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for posting where to go for lunch today....actually think the King Meal Deal is better as you get two sandwiches, fries/rings/drink for $5. As always, I remove one bun and stack em for a 2 paddy three bun +extra onion ring inside sandy.
Images
  • IMG_20210112_131516.jpg

Dec 15, 2018
63 posts
30 upvotes
Open this thing up and look inside. Its hollow the chicken is just attached to the breading somehow lol I still like the taste even if it's a salty meat bag
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1099 posts
695 upvotes
Toronto
Did BK change their Tender Crispy Chicken recipe? or did they removed that?
I ordered a crispy chicken last time and it WAS NOT the same.
The old Tender Crispy patty was actual piece of chicken and not bread chicken like their regular long shaped chicken sandwich.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24549 posts
12613 upvotes
Toronto
Wow this sandwhich tastes like crap. First and last.
The other chicken sandwhich tastes much better (shaped like a burger).
MongolHoarder wrote: Mini shakes are a free substitution too
Not sure if my location didn't have it at the time or forever but they said they didn't have mini shakes, just regular shakes for $1 more
2 - Cherry Coke
This was awesome, forcing my wife to do this substitution on her combo from own on lol
Zesty sauce was nice
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Dec 29, 2013
299 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered ‘Spicy’ but couldn’t find a trace of it... more like Sweet N Sour
2 - Cherry Coke
Didn’t know about 1. forgot they are the same price ... this changed my Burger King experience forever TY🥲
Nov 17, 2019
228 posts
373 upvotes
drumcode wrote: Ordered ‘Spicy’ but couldn’t find a trace of it... more like Sweet N Sour

Didn’t know about 1. forgot they are the same price ... this changed my Burger King experience forever TY🥲
Get this $5 combo and then the $3.99 Large Fry + 10 chicken nugget coupon and substitute both for Onion Rings and you have a feast for under $10 pre-tax!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
BrennanN63260 wrote: Why not pay $2 more and get 2 sandwiches plus 2 small fries deal? More bang for your buck. Don't waste money on fountain drinks. Or if you just want the sandwich I think most Burger King's have 2/$6 chicken sandwich. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I would just spend $2 more and get a Popeye chicken sandwich without fries or drinks.
Dec 24, 2017
47 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Had BK a Cpl weeks ago. Notice they prices have gone up. Anyone notice that? What is the price of 'Whopper Wednesday's' now?
zesty sauce makes everything at BK better.
Banned
Jan 1, 2021
374 posts
158 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Not to sound like an idiot here on a public forum, to avoid sounding like an idiot to the BK employee in the drive-thru but how do I order this?

Instead of fries, onion rings please ...
With zesty sauce?

Or it just comes with zesty sauce when you order any onion rings?

Why you gotta tell me that :p
I haven’t had BK in probably 15 years, but the onion rings substitution was always awesome. I never would ask for the zesty sauce, but it usually came with it.
Banned
Jan 1, 2021
374 posts
158 upvotes
Man, me and my brother really loved whopper juniors in the mid to late 90s.

They were cheap and awesome.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18491 posts
13280 upvotes
Markham
goderos wrote: Had BK a Cpl weeks ago. Notice they prices have gone up. Anyone notice that? What is the price of 'Whopper Wednesday's' now?
zesty sauce makes everything at BK better.
faihai wrote: Man, me and my brother really loved whopper juniors in the mid to late 90s.

They were cheap and awesome.
Think you can get 2 Whoppers for $6 (everyday IIRC??)...and I think the Whopper combo is $5.99 on Wed IIRC.

Jan 27, 2015
406 posts
514 upvotes
King City, ON
the_godfather30 wrote: Back in university, I took a road trip to visit a friend at Mac. We ended up going to BK after a night out at Club 77/Fever. Somehow we managed to bring back 2 women from the BK parking lot who were in a Mustang. Was an awesome night lol. To this day we still occasionally remise on the story.
There's a lot I love about this post. It makes me wonder what 'Mac' is, aside from the obvious computer. I like that the club is name-dropped. Also good is the bonus fact that the women "were in a Mustang." Depending on the year, eg anytime in the eighties, that Mustang was a POS that people like my younger twin sisters coveted. Waitaminit...

Best is perhaps the fact that, to this day, the author and his friend "still occasionally remise [or make a second thrust after the first has failed] on the story." Good on you, the_godfather30. You may have only posted 62 times in your near 14 year tenure here, but it was worth the wait.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1026 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
McAngus wrote: There's a lot I love about this post. It makes me wonder what 'Mac' is, aside from the obvious computer. I like that the club is name-dropped. Also good is the bonus fact that the women "were in a Mustang." Depending on the year, eg anytime in the eighties, that Mustang was a POS that people like my younger twin sisters coveted. Waitaminit...

Best is perhaps the fact that, to this day, the author and his friend "still occasionally remise [or make a second thrust after the first has failed] on the story." Good on you, the_godfather30. You may have only posted 62 times in your near 14 year tenure here, but it was worth the wait.
Mac is generally short for McMaster University.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1705 posts
1720 upvotes
Markham, ON
Not a big fan of the BK chicken sandwich.
Salty and the chicken patty is bland and tasteless.
The bun is usually very soft and soggy too.

You can never go wrong with the Whopper though.
Hi!