Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

50% off Big King XL on SkipTheDishes

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2022 1:38 pm
Mar 31, 2012
99 posts
25 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Lol the local Burger King pulled themselves off skip
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
cyzerr wrote: Lol the local Burger King pulled themselves off skip
That's what I think happen with my location. I swore they use to be on STD
Jul 9, 2019
717 posts
2669 upvotes
I tried this burger today, my review -

It’s a big burger not those mini McD burgers.
Soooo much meat, patties are HUGE
Tonnes of cheese, I am not a fan of processed American cheese though.

Make sure you eat it when you are soooo hungry that your almost hurts, otherwise calorie density is too much.

Burger is tasty. I think for amount of meat n cheese, more pickles would be better. Better ask for mustard n spicy sauce sachets.

It’s the opposite of A&W burgers, AW are fluffy and light, look big n packed but once you take a bite, they are not as calorie rich. I love A&W but I always have 2 teen burgers to be even remotely satisfied.

So if you want old school sized burger full of meat n cheese you won’t be disappointed.

Burger King is last one standing when it comes to value for money n old school fast food burgers. McDs is a joke.
Jul 2, 2015
257 posts
261 upvotes
Dartmouth
I'm glad the sauce is back. I used to always get it put on my whoppers and loved it.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1657 posts
2601 upvotes
Tried one yesterday. Tasted not bad, but it had only one patty instead of two.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
gshrfd wrote: Tried one yesterday. Tasted not bad, but it had only one patty instead of two.
Next time. Try it with extra cheese, extra pickles & extra sauce.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7603 posts
3886 upvotes
This is a big burger, it's 2 x 1/4 pound patties. Having said that, the deal isn't really 50% off because the price is overinflated on Skip. You are basically saving $3 total roughly including tax, vs the in-store price (according to another post on here, its $7.89 + tax in-store). I actually don't like BK so I didn't bother but my nephew was visiting & he got it for himself
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: The BK Double Stacker is good too. I like the sauce
All the stacker is, is a blandinated version of the bacon double cheeseburger. Always seems like something for Wendy's fans to me lol.

The only differences are the BDC has ketchup, mustard, pickles, the Stacker subs all those things for bland Stacker sauce.

Here's where it gets weird though. In a combo, the BDC is 50 cents more; but, the sandwiches on their own, the BDC is $1.60 less! Either sandwich can be modified into the other by just switching sauces and adding/subtracting pickles, so it makes no sense at all but these are the games BK plays.

The BDC combo is a clear scam; the BDC sandwich-only gets discounted because it's part of their value menu in some fashion, making it much better value than the Stacker [sandwich-only]. Make your purchase decisions accordingly, and just modify to get which one you want.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Hahahapxl wrote: I tried this burger today, my review -

It’s a big burger not those mini McD burgers.
Soooo much meat, patties are HUGE
Yes because it's Big King XL. As mentioned this is using Whopper patties, which are 1/4 pound. The regular (i.e. non-XL) version of the sandwhich uses "those mini burgers" which are the same patties in the hamburger/cheeseburger, making it basically the BK version of the Big Mac. BK has also named this [regular version] sandwich like three different things over the years, for some odd/unknown reason (King Supreme, Supreme Double, Big King). As a side note, McD used to have their version of the Whopper, known as the Big Xtra, but that was discontinued many moons ago now. Seems like McD's never really needed to imitate their competitor for success. McD's did however have their own larger version of the Big Mac, in the US and UK, called the Big Mac Grand. I don't recall we got this in Canada but we do have the double Big Mac, which was never on the US menu until recently (along with the double QP).

The only joke really is no matter what BK tries, they cannot replicate the success or food quality of McD's.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1199 posts
824 upvotes
Edmonton
Worked in Kamloops. That's one giant burger, Holy.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1199 posts
824 upvotes
Edmonton
ES_Revenge wrote: Yes because it's Big King XL. As mentioned this is using Whopper patties, which are 1/4 pound. The regular (i.e. non-XL) version of the sandwhich uses "those mini burgers" which are the same patties in the hamburger/cheeseburger, making it basically the BK version of the Big Mac. BK has also named this [regular version] sandwich like three different things over the years, for some odd/unknown reason (King Supreme, Supreme Double, Big King). As a side note, McD used to have their version of the Whopper, known as the Big Xtra, but that was discontinued many moons ago now. Seems like McD's never really needed to imitate their competitor for success. McD's did however have their own larger version of the Big Mac, in the US and UK, called the Big Mac Grand. I don't recall we got this in Canada but we do have the double Big Mac, which was never on the US menu until recently (along with the double QP).

The only joke really is no matter what BK tries, they cannot replicate the success or food quality of McD's.
Success: sure.
Food quality? BK wins IMO.
Previous wins:
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
wilbrod wrote: Food quality? BK wins IMO.
LOL what? Yeah BK par-cooked and microwaved stuff--great quality there :rolleyes: You won't find a microwave in a McD's other than perhaps in staff break areas for heating up their personal food/lunches.

Also BK and their salted to hell garbage "chicken" patties in their regular chicken sandwich, along with their watery nuggets LOL. C'mon give over. This is only a few things to mention too, there's various other things to speak of. BK "quality" (if we can even call it that) is nowhere near McD's level. However they do at least use 100% beef patties (like most but not all) just like McDs and while cooked differently they do have decent flavour as well. Unlike tasteless ultrabland Wendy's, for example. So BK is not terrible but compared to McD's? It's like chalk and cheese.

McD's gets a lot of flack from know-nothings and people that just rag on them because "it's McD's" :rolleyes: But the reality is their food quality and standards are higher than many other fast food places. Wendy's with their blandness as mentioned (where you have to wonder how beef can be made so tasteless); Harvey's with their "hydrolysed plant protein" content in their standard burgers; Subway with their fake meats and weird additives and sugary "bread". A&W ain't bad but I mean c'mon many of them are in gas stations and while their beef is good quality, they have to literally dunk/douse it in that seasoning for their signature flavour--something McD's only did with the Big X (which has been long discontinued).

The most controversial thing at McDonald's these days is probably the ice cream machine repair racket/fiasco that's been uncovered/publicised in the past few years :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3295 posts
3552 upvotes
Lol the food connoisseur mocking all of us with no taste buds by ranking BK over McD.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1199 posts
824 upvotes
Edmonton
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL what? Yeah BK par-cooked and microwaved stuff--great quality there :rolleyes: You won't find a microwave in a McD's other than perhaps in staff break areas for heating up their personal food/lunches.

Also BK and their salted to hell garbage "chicken" patties in their regular chicken sandwich, along with their watery nuggets LOL. C'mon give over. This is only a few things to mention too, there's various other things to speak of. BK "quality" (if we can even call it that) is nowhere near McD's level. However they do at least use 100% beef patties (like most but not all) just like McDs and while cooked differently they do have decent flavour as well. Unlike tasteless ultrabland Wendy's, for example. So BK is not terrible but compared to McD's? It's like chalk and cheese.

McD's gets a lot of flack from know-nothings and people that just rag on them because "it's McD's" :rolleyes: But the reality is their food quality and standards are higher than many other fast food places. Wendy's with their blandness as mentioned (where you have to wonder how beef can be made so tasteless); Harvey's with their "hydrolysed plant protein" content in their standard burgers; Subway with their fake meats and weird additives and sugary "bread". A&W ain't bad but I mean c'mon many of them are in gas stations and while their beef is good quality, they have to literally dunk/douse it in that seasoning for their signature flavour--something McD's only did with the Big X (which has been long discontinued).

The most controversial thing at McDonald's these days is probably the ice cream machine repair racket/fiasco that's been uncovered/publicised in the past few years :lol:
eelw11 wrote: Lol the food connoisseur mocking all of us with no taste buds by ranking BK over McD.
Are you guys for real? I was referring to the #1 burger for each chain when talking about quality. Few more items below sharing my expertise ;)

1) Whopper vs Big Mac: no contest. The big Mac is bland, the lettuce falls off and the patties in the big Mac are skinny and do not stand up next to the Whopper patty.

2) McChicken vs BK chicken burger: well idk I never get the chicken burger at BK.

3) nuggets: can't get myself to pay full price at McDonald's for those so BK has to win. $3 for a bunch of them at BK is a no brainer.

4) poutine : BK is meh, McDonald's is awesome.
Previous wins:
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3295 posts
3552 upvotes
wilbrod wrote: Are you guys for real?
Just to clarify, I'm agreeing with you. BK stuff far greater than McDs. Yes the chicken sandwich is salty, but all the beef items far exceed the weeny patties McD offers.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
wilbrod wrote: Worked in Kamloops. That's one giant burger, Holy.
It's big and heavy! I cut mine in half. Ate one half and saave the other one for later