Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

50% off Big King XL on SkipTheDishes

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2022 1:38 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12119 posts
4938 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: It's big and heavy! I cut mine in half. Ate one half and saave the other one for later
Come on - stuff it!

;)
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
I had this the other day. I get the appeal but it was a little much. Wouldn't buy it again
Mar 12, 2008
667 posts
150 upvotes
Windsor
blackbirdman wrote: Pretty much any non-mcdonalds burger tastes better than a big mac, it's amongst the worst. Anyways thanks OP. Will give it a try!
And yet if you look the Macdonalds drive through is mile long as compared to any other burger joint.
BTW I don’t like it as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3255 posts
3524 upvotes
w11x22 wrote: And yet if you look the Macdonalds drive through is mile long as compared to any other burger joint.
Nah all fast food currently have long drive thru lines. But yeah BK isn’t as busy as McD or Wendy’s or A&W
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3310 posts
4373 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
w11x22 wrote: And yet if you look the Macdonalds drive through is mile long as compared to any other burger joint.
I think mostly people are ordering drinks or happy meals, that's what I usually hear most of the time in line. (friend gets coffee so I go with him in the drive-thru)
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jul 6, 2010
148 posts
66 upvotes
Alberta
I don’t get how this deal is 50% off. Burger is $7.89 at the store. Skip selling for 5.20. What am I missing?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25026 posts
202509 upvotes
GTA
PC_Cola wrote: I don’t get how this deal is 50% off. Burger is $7.89 at the store. Skip selling for 5.20. What am I missing?
Pricing is regional (and even between locations in the same region) so it's going to be more or less of a deal depending on where you live. Skip the Dishes pricing is always going to be $1 or whatever more, but then it's 50% off, so it's still a deal IMO. Regular price near me is $9.50.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5329 posts
7187 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
tossmy wrote: I had this the other day. I get the appeal but it was a little much. Wouldn't buy it again
Cut in half. Save other half for later. That's what I did. Glad I did in too Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 19, 2018
871 posts
1415 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: The only joke really is no matter what BK tries, they cannot replicate the success or food quality of McD's.
Pfft……..ok.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1026 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RaidZero wrote: Thanks for the laughs, I needed to search why plank is an insult in UK.

Can someone else confirm though that the BK burgers are microwaved, or it's just a one off.
BK Burgers are flame broiled. They put it in a machine that looks like the Tim Horton's bagel toasters.

Top compartment burger goes in and drops down to the bottom compartment cooked. I've seen videos of the flames.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18110 posts
9167 upvotes
As a parent, I can safely say McD's has the market cornered for appealing to kids. Their Happy Meals are a great deal (burger/nuggets/wrap + fries/apple slices + yogurt + drink + toy). Their toys are always leaps and bound ahead of the other fast food offerings (like Wendy's). They are also one of the most reliable places to order from when it comes to getting your order correct (with kids this is important). It's an easy choice for parents.

McD's has an amazing business model and team that puts out products people want, and is able to put together a convincing offering that makes it an easy choice for many. Whether it's pulling families in with happy meals or others in with their promotions (dollar drink days, dollar ice cream cones, game day specials like $3 big mac), they have a broad appeal. I assume their hope is that you'll still come in, even when their food is not on promotion or your kids aren't as in love.

Most fast food has really dropped the ball. They failed to capitalize on technology, they failed to listen to people, and now they are stuck because of so many "quick service" offerings that come up with cost just a couple bucks more. McDs is almost $10 for a combo, yet I can go to a higher end "quick service" burger place and get burger + fries for $2-3 more. With COVID, many of us have gotten used to take out so it's not a big deal to order ahead on an app and pickup the order. McDs competes in other ways, while the other fast food joints seem to be losing their way. Good on McDs for stepping it up and I hope others like Wendy's do the same (who's burgers I prefer).
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3255 posts
3524 upvotes
Had it for lunch. Still stuffed. May have to push dinner to later.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5329 posts
7187 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
eelw11 wrote: Had it for lunch. Still stuffed. May have to push dinner to later.
Haha. I cut mine in half. Ate other half later.

It's too much in one sitting
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10284 posts
4740 upvotes
Toronto
I finally got around to trying it after my workout last night.
Ordered 2 burgers. Had to do separate orders as the app only allows one deal per order.

I was able to ask for extra all veggies including tomatoes, which is not on the original XL burger, all for free. Veggies were nice and fresh and helped to cut through all that meat and cheese.

Had the first burger, waited an hour, and had the second.

Hit the spot. Will get it at least once more before it expires. I may ask them to just put 2 slices of the processed cheese instead of 4 which I found a bit overwhelming for my taste. Meat was surprisingly very moist.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3255 posts
3524 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: Ordered 2 burgers. Had to do separate orders as the app only allows one deal per order.
Oh, so the 30 minutes between orders in the terms and conditions doesn’t apply?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10284 posts
4740 upvotes
Toronto
eelw11 wrote: Oh, so the 30 minutes between orders in the terms and conditions doesn’t apply?
No issue for me. I placed the 2 orders a couple of mins apart on the same account.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1256 posts
713 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Too bad I can't just walk into BK and buy instead of using the SKIP app. Guess I'll just "skip" it.
Agreed. I stopped using all these delivery services because of all the fees, if you are able to might as well go pick it up yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7556 posts
3820 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: As a parent, I can safely say McD's has the market cornered for appealing to kids. Their Happy Meals are a great deal (burger/nuggets/wrap + fries/apple slices + yogurt + drink + toy). Their toys are always leaps and bound ahead of the other fast food offerings (like Wendy's). They are also one of the most reliable places to order from when it comes to getting your order correct (with kids this is important). It's an easy choice for parents.

McD's has an amazing business model and team that puts out products people want, and is able to put together a convincing offering that makes it an easy choice for many. Whether it's pulling families in with happy meals or others in with their promotions (dollar drink days, dollar ice cream cones, game day specials like $3 big mac), they have a broad appeal. I assume their hope is that you'll still come in, even when their food is not on promotion or your kids aren't as in love.

Most fast food has really dropped the ball. They failed to capitalize on technology, they failed to listen to people, and now they are stuck because of so many "quick service" offerings that come up with cost just a couple bucks more. McDs is almost $10 for a combo, yet I can go to a higher end "quick service" burger place and get burger + fries for $2-3 more. With COVID, many of us have gotten used to take out so it's not a big deal to order ahead on an app and pickup the order. McDs competes in other ways, while the other fast food joints seem to be losing their way. Good on McDs for stepping it up and I hope others like Wendy's do the same (who's burgers I prefer).
Did you know that McDonald's is an even more successful real estate company than they are at selling food? I think it was 2 yrs ago, I read an article that said McDonald's makes more of their profits from real estate. They own the property & lease it to the franchisee, this is actually even more profitable for McDonald's. Considering how much food they sell, this is quite astonishing