• Jun 22nd, 2021 5:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7233 posts
7890 upvotes
Toronto

[Burger King] BK $1 Soft-Serve Cones and $2 Mini Shakes are back

Saw a poster for this deal. Back for a limited time.

Mini Shakes available in chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla.

Soft-serve only in a cup at the location I went to.

Would be able to pair with "New Users - FREE Whopper with purchase over $1" offer
17 replies
Nov 8, 2012
818 posts
721 upvotes
London, ON
Great cones! i prefer over McDonalds, and its a easy treat for the kids. Unfortunately some BKs are still making cones and flipping them into a plastic cup. Not sure of the logic there...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5935 posts
1714 upvotes
Mississauga
stilltippin wrote: Great cones! i prefer over McDonalds, and its a easy treat for the kids. Unfortunately some BKs are still making cones and flipping them into a plastic cup. Not sure of the logic there...
less messy for the kids to eat...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1889 posts
11335 upvotes
Warning to anyone living DT Vancouver - the sketchy Burger King on Granville St has questionably watered down soft serve. I wouldn't even pay $1 for it. It tastes like they cut their cream with water due to a cheap franchisee or something...
Nov 22, 2004
634 posts
2274 upvotes
Ducky wrote: less messy for the kids to eat...
It can also be placed easily into a cup holder when driving.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2870 posts
1864 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Leverage wrote: Warning to anyone living DT Vancouver - the sketchy Burger King on Granville St has questionably watered down soft serve. I wouldn't even pay $1 for it. It tastes like they cut their cream with water due to a cheap franchisee or something...
That location is so dimly lit with so many homeless people just sitting there. I purposely go out of my way and drive to the Denman or North Van's BK locations instead.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $43/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2984 posts
2273 upvotes
My BK still won't serve cones 'due to covid' :(

They will only serve it in a cup with no cone.

Dairy Queen, McDonald's etc.. Are all serving cones, don't understand the logic.
Last edited by Third Eye on May 18th, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5502 posts
2523 upvotes
What's a mini shake? Shakes shouldn't be mini. Couple of slurps and you'll be done...
Last edited by ar2020 on May 18th, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2012
818 posts
721 upvotes
London, ON
Ducky wrote: less messy for the kids to eat...
the ice cream is face down in the cup with the cone sticking out, it squishes the ice cream and you have to take it out - i cant see how it makes it any easier for kids, unless you remove the cone and use a spoon to eat the ice cream out of the cup.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1815 posts
1586 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Combine this with the free whopper deal... :twisted:
Dec 1, 2002
896 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
stilltippin wrote: the ice cream is face down in the cup with the cone sticking out, it squishes the ice cream and you have to take it out - i cant see how it makes it any easier for kids, unless you remove the cone and use a spoon to eat the ice cream out of the cup.
I think you answered your own comment.

Some McD won't even allow this... soo annoying, cause some of us want to limit the amount of icecream the kid eats so splitting it is easier when you have a cup and a cone.
Nov 8, 2012
818 posts
721 upvotes
London, ON
trader08 wrote: I think you answered your own comment.

Some McD won't even allow this... soo annoying, cause some of us want to limit the amount of icecream the kid eats so splitting it is easier when you have a cup and a cone.
Yeah, some of you want that, and for good reason. but in this case, it was the default, not something i asked for. I wanted a cone, not a smushed up ice cream in a cup. Seems wasteful to automatically assume everyone wants a cone in a cup (to me). Much more waste without need.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2984 posts
2273 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: What's a mini shake? Shajes shouldn't be mini. Couple of slurps and you'll be done...
Skip the mini shake. Too sweet to even consume. Cones are awesome.
Last edited by Third Eye on May 31st, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.