• Jan 1st, 2016 6:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes

Burlington G test route

I've seen several recommedations that the Burlington Drivetest is easy. Does anyone remember the acutal route(s)? I probably drive through the same streets every single day but if I don't know the route, I"ll have to pay an instructor to take me through the course a couple times.
21 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36412 posts
10688 upvotes
Ottawa
This post is almost like the one above where the person failed for the third time. Please don't take this personally, but I have a real problem with all you folks looking for an "easy" way to pass a test so you can smash into my car.
I suggest that you learn to drive then take the test. The fact you are failing is not that the test is you cannot drive, not the harshness of the test. I am glad they are failing people.
If you cannot pass, I am really greatful they don't give you a license. I think that after the 2nd (maybe the first) failure you should have to produce a certificate from a driving school that you passed their course. Just because you turned a certain age does not automatically give you privilege to drive a vehicle on public roads. You (or some of you) clearly cannot do it and now you are looking for a "soft" place to get a license. You people should have a different colour sgn on the back (you know, the yellow learners thing), yellow while learning, stripped after the first failure and a big red beware after the third etc. Geez, I don't want to be on the road with you. Learn how, don't be a hazard. Sorry for the rant, had to say it, particularily for the 98 string post on the 3rd attempt person and so many others on this forum.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1089 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:This post is almost like the one above where the person failed for the third time. Please don't take this personally, but I have a real problem with all you folks looking for an "easy" way to pass a test so you can smash into my car.
I suggest that you learn to drive then take the test. The fact you are failing is not that the test is you cannot drive, not the harshness of the test. I am glad they are failing people.
If you cannot pass, I am really greatful they don't give you a license. I think that after the 2nd (maybe the first) failure you should have to produce a certificate from a driving school that you passed their course. Just because you turned a certain age does not automatically give you privilege to drive a vehicle on public roads. You (or some of you) clearly cannot do it and now you are looking for a "soft" place to get a license. You people should have a different colour sgn on the back (you know, the yellow learners thing), yellow while learning, stripped after the first failure and a big red beware after the third etc. Geez, I don't want to be on the road with you. Learn how, don't be a hazard. Sorry for the rant, had to say it, particularily for the 98 string post on the 3rd attempt person and so many others on this forum.
i have to agree with this. I witnessed a horrific crash on a sharp turn simply because the driver couldnt understand the sign infront of him, luck he survived. [IMG]http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... danger.gif[/IMG]
this is tested in the graduated licensing system. It sad to see that people are looking for easy ways to pass the test. What they dont understand, is that by learning the essentials required to pass ensures that less accidents occur, meaning cheaper insurance as they wont be paying out as often as they do now.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36412 posts
10688 upvotes
Ottawa
lilclie wrote:i have to agree with this. I witnessed a horrific crash on a sharp turn simply because the driver couldnt understand the sign infront of him, luck he survived.
this is tested in the graduated licensing system. It sad to see that people are looking for easy ways to pass the test. What they dont understand, is that by learning the essentials required to pass ensures that less accidents occur, meaning cheaper insurance as they wont be paying out as often as they do now.
The most frightening thing is that under this "graduated" system, they have been on the road, on their own, and still after potentially 3 years of driving by themselves (not including the first "accompanied" year) that they still cannot pass.
My kids went throught his graduated system and I would like to see if in fact the system worked. I would like to see the Insurance actuarials to see if younger drivers are safer now (cheaper insurance rates for all young folks?) or from the MTO showing the resounding decrease in violations for young folks. Can't... well then how much is it costing to maintain this useless system because it is not only costing us money from our taxes but also costing a lot to get a license as well.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Whoa. What a rush to judgement.
OP here. I passed my G1 exit on my first try with only one deduction. I doubt I'll have trouble passing the G2 exit. I live in Burlington, so it's natural for me to take the test there. There is no element of desperation or fishing for an undeserved pass. As for wanting to know the route, I think this is only natural in being well-prepared. I'm confident that my driving skills are proficient for the G test...this is a matter of preparing for a test, much as I would do for any other test. Since I'm paying $75 to take the test, why not be as prepared as possible? None of this has any bearing on my driving ability.

This is why I didn't post my question in the "failed G2" thread...
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17979 posts
1538 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't see the big deal with the OP's question.

Has anyone been to a driving school of ANY SORT in the GTA lately?

That's EXACTLY what ALL of them do... they take you through the exact same route that will be tested on the test for that particular centre.

As an alternative to paying $50/hr (or whatever the current rip-off rate for driving instructors is currently) to learn the route, I think it makes sense to ask the question here ... since the whole point of RFD is to save money, not a forum for anti-New-Drivers to spout off on why their sh!t smells better than the other folks :lol:
May 7, 2006
102 posts
2 upvotes
Be aware that the routes change though, so if someone gives you a route...make sure it's not too old.

BTW, i didn't fail three times, it's going to be my third TRY lol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:Please don't take this personally, but I have a real problem with all you folks looking for an "easy" way to pass a test so you can smash into my car.
BAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA sorry i had to quote that..
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36412 posts
10688 upvotes
Ottawa
konfusion666 wrote:I don't see the big deal with the OP's question.

Has anyone been to a driving school of ANY SORT in the GTA lately?

That's EXACTLY what ALL of them do... they take you through the exact same route that will be tested on the test for that particular centre.

As an alternative to paying $50/hr (or whatever the current rip-off rate for driving instructors is currently) to learn the route, I think it makes sense to ask the question here ... since the whole point of RFD is to save money, not a forum for anti-New-Drivers to spout off on why their sh!t smells better than the other folks :lol:
By all means, let's save some money.
The money spent for re-testing could have got some driving lessons? No one is saying anyone is better than other folks but this post, as well as the other, has nothing to do about saving money, they are asking what is the easiest way to avoid a licencing issue. Mellow out and read it for what it is as opposed to your sense of being attacked.
My second post was in defence of you, the young driver. There has been enough time now to be able to determinge the benifits of this system. If it does not work, get rid of it because it cost you and me money., If it does work and can be statistically proven, give you, the young driver a break on insurance.(saving you money)
trusoulja2g, your skills were not in question, your tactics were.
Flav_cool, perhaps you will be third time lucky. I hope that the route is as difficult as they come and I hope you drive it as perfectly that I think you can. Concentrate and pay attention. I believe that is what the examiners are looking for anyway.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Pete_Coach, I can't believe you consider knowing the test route to be inappropriate. As konfusion666 mentioned, the "driving lessons" you refer to include practising on the actual test route.

You're right...this has nothing to do with driving ability and everything to do with tactic. How is thorough preparation ever a bad thing? I'm just trying to save money by a) avoid having to hire a driving instructor to take me through the route and b) increasing my chances of passing so that I can avoid paying to retake the test.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
I received a harsh reaction when I asked for the route before my test. I just took it and passed.

So here is the route I went on for my G test:
1. Back out of designated parking spot
2. Left turn onto North Service Road
3. Right turn at Brant
4. Go south past the QEW
5. Right turn at the next light into residential neighbourhood.
6. Emergency stop
7. 3 point turn
8. Parallel park (I think this depends on whether there's a car to park behind. If not, they can't test you on it.)
9. Left onto Brant
10. Get on QEW East - Toronto and merge into traffic
11. Exit at Walkers Line, go left (north)
12. Get back onto highway right away (QEW West - Hamilton)
13. Exit at Guelph Line, go straight onto the ramp leading to North Service Road
14. Left at North Service Road
15. Keep going until you pass Brant and reenter the testing centre parking lot
16. Pull into designated spot

Took the test at 10:45 am. Traffic on highway was relatively busy. Tester didn't ask me to do any lane changes. Also, he told me not to follow the yellow speed signs on the ramps, said they were way too slow.

Hope this helps some people in the future.
May 15, 2006
80 posts
Wow, so quick to judge and snap at people. Personally I failed my first g2 test because the instructor said I was going 25 on a 50 road, which is false because I was going 50, and everyone else around me was going the same speed, so you can't tell me everyone on the street has been going 25 also. Secondly, knowing the route is good, its not cheating or "looking for an easy way out" alot of people who are good drivers get nervous when they go for their drive test, so knowing the route and everything, helps them be more prepared and feel more confident. Instead of being really nervous.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9638 posts
883 upvotes
Muskoka
For the record, I failed my first licensing test 13 years ago, then passed it the next time. Since then, I've driven over a million miles (was a professional driver for a few years), no at-fault accidents, only one speeding ticket (12 years ago).

These tests mean very little, bad drivers can easily get through the system, and good drivers can fail simply because they are nervous in a test environment.

To me, most accidents are the result of problems that wouldn't be caught during a driving test, ie. aggression, carelessness, lack of consideration.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17979 posts
1538 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Bullseye wrote: To me, most accidents are the result of problems that wouldn't be caught during a driving test, ie. aggression, carelessness, lack of consideration.
don't forget the major one - DUI!
Apr 9, 2010
1 posts
Grimsby
Hello out there. Anyone know the most recent road test route for G road test in Burlington?
Jul 5, 2010
1 posts
burlington
I did pass 3 retest at Burlington location, everything looks fine (I'm driver for more than 4 years in Ontario without any Speeding ticket or accident record) the only this that is happening
is in highway, I'm entering with speed around 80 (don't know why may be I'm nervous during the exam) before adjusting the normal speed to 110, this was bothering the old lady that was
seating beside me (there was no car behind us which means this won't affect anything). in the lady final report, everything is looking fine except the small highway issue .. which push her
decide do not make me pass. Be honest, in reality they don't care if we learn or not how to drive, the only thing that will take care of is to keep people retesting as much as they can and
keep them paying the retest fees.. some kind of stealing people money with legal ways and saving their positions as examinator but i would say please look for different job and live honest life.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1049 posts
57 upvotes
Hamilton
roberto2010 wrote: I'm entering with speed around 80 (don't know why may be I'm nervous during the exam) before adjusting the normal speed to 110, this was bothering the old lady that was
seating beside me (there was no car behind us which means this won't affect anything).
Not to sound like a jerk, but if you were going 80km/h on the QEW/403 near Brant that is slow, you should be at highway speeds, if not faster by the time you merge.
Jul 3, 2011
1 posts
i have a quick question trusoulja2g. for number 10 where you get on hwy west hamilton, after exit at walkers line are they for sure going to ask me to go again on the highway? or do we go back to the test centre after exit from walkers line?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1313 posts
822 upvotes
GTA
MASTEROFMARTIALARTS wrote: i have a quick question trusoulja2g. for number 10 where you get on hwy west hamilton, after exit at walkers line are they for sure going to ask me to go again on the highway? or do we go back to the test centre after exit from walkers line?
learn to drive and learn not to worry
Nov 11, 2015
1 posts
Pete_Coach wrote: This post is almost like the one above where the person failed for the third time. Please don't take this personally, but I have a real problem with all you folks looking for an "easy" way to pass a test so you can smash into my car.
First off ..
I have been driving for 22+ years. I am a good driver. Godly even. ;)
I also know that these test centers are a big money grab. I don't blame people for asking what routes etc. as if you have ever taken a test, the women there are $%^'s and they will do anything to make you come back and re-take the test. They want their jobs and they don't want to be laid off. It is not about how good you drive, it is about not falling into their traps during the road test. Asking you to do things you are not supposed to do.

Sad but true. The Drive Test centers are a joke.