188 upvotes

Burnout Paradise Remastered (Switch) $39.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
38% off
Expiry:
August 6, 2020
Last edited by The Main Event on Jul 31st, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
54 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Jun 4, 2011
538 posts
847 upvotes
Toronto
The fact that this is originally $65 is insane, even at $40 that is far too much. Pretty sure I got the remastered on PC and PS4 for next to nothing...
[OP]
Jan 27, 2007
171 posts
188 upvotes
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it?
That's EA's pricing. Not Nintendo.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6761 posts
3166 upvotes
Germany
Hot take of the day: Burnout Takedown and Revenge are peak Burnout and are what truly deserves to be remastered. Paradise was just a bunch of driving around a shitty empty world to get to what you wanted.
Nov 30, 2019
438 posts
399 upvotes
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Nintendo doesn’t have control over what EA releases, nor what EA product at a price EA determines, nor the date EA releases their products on, nor what game EA chooses to develop. This is an EA developed and published game.

Nintendo just provides a platform, called the Switch, to let other publishers, such as EA, to sell their games on.

So, no it’s not standard for nintendo to do that, and the remastered edition is exactly that - it’s not simply a 1:1 port
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1477 posts
1139 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This was a stupid game back in the day, and even more stupid now, rehashed for $40 🤣
Nov 10, 2015
116 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
I was just looking at this game the other day. Debating if I'll buy it on PS4 for $20 (regular price) or pay the EA subscription for a couple of months at $5/month. Not even going to consider it on Switch for $40. I've been missing some decent arcade racing in my life.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2896 posts
1077 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Hot take of the day: Burnout Takedown and Revenge are peak Burnout and are what truly deserves to be remastered. Paradise was just a bunch of driving around a shitty empty world to get to what you wanted.
I like Burnout Paradise for what it is, but 100% agree with this. Not sure why those games (and even Burnout 3) don't get more love. Those games were ridiculously fun.

EDIT: Just refreshed my memory and was reminded that Burnout 3 is Burnout Takedown so I guess we are on the same page!
Sep 2, 2007
667 posts
119 upvotes
BC
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Yes, if you want to buy physical copy games on Switch, it is typical to pay Nintendo tax, most fans can tell you that. But keep in mind that used switch games hold much better value, lot of these mid-price range games will qualify for EB trade 3 for a long time.
Dec 26, 2009
309 posts
170 upvotes
East York
Thanks for posting. Still too much for me, but I appreciate the effort.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4164 posts
4524 upvotes
Whitby
What is new / used price!?? 🤯
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1426 posts
1158 upvotes
Gatineau
Say what you want but ports take a lot of hard work by developers. I bought this at 51.99 on the eShop. No regrets
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11498 posts
9103 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty much, so always good to have a PS4 / Xbone for cross-platform stuff. PS4 physical is $20 now, with digital sales below $10 in the past.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9367 posts
6731 upvotes
Toronto
Heythumb88 wrote: Say what you want but ports take a lot of hard work by developers. I bought this at 51.99 on the eShop. No regrets
This game has been as low as $4 on other platforms where the game looks and plays far better as recently as 3 months ago. Nintendo just loves ripping off their customers
Aug 8, 2010
72 posts
65 upvotes
Quebec
I don't understand the downvotes. It was just released on the Nintendo platform. It's still selling full price there ($79.99).

The benefits of having it on the Switch are (at least for me):
-Kid friendly platform
-Mobile version of the game that my kids can take with them
-First quality racing game on the platform (other than Mario Kart... which is barely a racing game)
-I can have the PS4 AND the TV free for other purposes (namely... myself!)

Is it worth that much?! Hard to tell... especially for such an old game. But my kids never played it and they don't care if it came out before they were born, as long as it's fun!
Feb 28, 2006
497 posts
394 upvotes
mcmanus_78 wrote: I don't understand the downvotes. It was just released on the Nintendo platform. It's still selling full price there ($79.99).

The benefits of having it on the Switch are (at least for me):
-Kid friendly platform
-Mobile version of the game that my kids can take with them
-First quality racing game on the platform (other than Mario Kart... which is barely a racing game)
-I can have the PS4 AND the TV free for other purposes (namely... myself!)

Is it worth that much?! Hard to tell... especially for such an old game. But my kids never played it and they don't care if it came out before they were born, as long as it's fun!
Competition exists and have far better value. And this is a deal site. The same game is frequently below $10 on the PS4 and other systems. 4x the price for mobility is not a deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)