33 upvotes

Burnout Paradise Remastered (Switch) $39.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
38% off
Expiry:
August 6, 2020
Last edited by The Main Event on Jul 31st, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1267 posts
412 upvotes
is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Jun 4, 2011
201 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
The fact that this is originally $65 is insane, even at $40 that is far too much. Pretty sure I got the remastered on PC and PS4 for next to nothing...
[OP]
Jan 27, 2007
57 posts
33 upvotes
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it?
That's EA's pricing. Not Nintendo.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4307 posts
1663 upvotes
Ancaster
Hot take of the day: Burnout Takedown and Revenge are peak Burnout and are what truly deserves to be remastered. Paradise was just a bunch of driving around a shitty empty world to get to what you wanted.
Nov 30, 2019
49 posts
66 upvotes
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Nintendo doesn’t have control over what EA releases, nor what EA product at a price EA determines, nor the date EA releases their products on, nor what game EA chooses to develop. This is an EA developed and published game.

Nintendo just provides a platform, called the Switch, to let other publishers, such as EA, to sell their games on.

So, no it’s not standard for nintendo to do that, and the remastered edition is exactly that - it’s not simply a 1:1 port
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1385 posts
1023 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This was a stupid game back in the day, and even more stupid now, rehashed for $40 🤣
Nov 10, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
I was just looking at this game the other day. Debating if I'll buy it on PS4 for $20 (regular price) or pay the EA subscription for a couple of months at $5/month. Not even going to consider it on Switch for $40. I've been missing some decent arcade racing in my life.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2572 posts
645 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Hot take of the day: Burnout Takedown and Revenge are peak Burnout and are what truly deserves to be remastered. Paradise was just a bunch of driving around a shitty empty world to get to what you wanted.
I like Burnout Paradise for what it is, but 100% agree with this. Not sure why those games (and even Burnout 3) don't get more love. Those games were ridiculously fun.

EDIT: Just refreshed my memory and was reminded that Burnout 3 is Burnout Takedown so I guess we are on the same page!
Sep 2, 2007
663 posts
116 upvotes
BC
Clement wrote: is it standard for nintendo to charge $40 for a 12 year old game with remastered slapped on it? from the review videos I've watched, it doesn't look like it aged very well.
Yes, if you want to buy physical copy games on Switch, it is typical to pay Nintendo tax, most fans can tell you that. But keep in mind that used switch games hold much better value, lot of these mid-price range games will qualify for EB trade 3 for a long time.
Dec 26, 2009
301 posts
162 upvotes
East York
Thanks for posting. Still too much for me, but I appreciate the effort.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1675 posts
1517 upvotes
Whitby
What is new / used price!?? 🤯