• May 24th, 2021 8:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2728 posts
1730 upvotes

Burying a resin above ground pool

Hey guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a small round resin above ground pool. Generally the answer from the industry is "no" you cannot bury an above ground pool, but I know many people that bought houses with above ground pools that are in fact buried (and quite old). I was wondering if anyone had any expertise in the area or has done it themselves? Is it possible to buy a resin (not steel) round pool and just sink it down a few feet and backfill it with gravel?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6063 posts
4341 upvotes
tim-x wrote: Hey guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a small round resin above ground pool. Generally the answer from the industry is "no" you cannot bury an above ground pool, but I know many people that bought houses with above ground pools that are in fact buried (and quite old). I was wondering if anyone had any expertise in the area or has done it themselves? Is it possible to buy a resin (not steel) round pool and just sink it down a few feet and backfill it with gravel?
It is possible to do so, but going that route would for obvious reasons void any manufacturer and installer warranty

Above ground pools are not sold to be buried, whether partially or totally
Nov 5, 2007
84 posts
9 upvotes
Woodstock
tim-x wrote: Hey guys,

We bought a house with above ground in the ground, sometime during the 2nd year in winter/early spring the liner leaked and the pool caved in. We just replaced it with an in ground. Your better of getting a resin onground, and bury it as little or as much as you want.