Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Business Cell phone

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2017 3:25 pm
Jun 6, 2017
4 posts

Business Cell phone

Hey guys i'm just starting my new business and i don't want my personal cellphone number to be the associated with the business...what options do I have in creating a business line and what how have others found worked for them?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
AndreC114893 wrote: Hey guys i'm just starting my new business and i don't want my personal cellphone number to be the associated with the business...what options do I have in creating a business line and what how have others found worked for them?
Use a service like voip.ms to get phone over Internet service. You can either have a VoIP phone adapter hooked up to a regular telephone and your Internet router or just use call forwarding to route the calls from your new number to your cell phone.

The cost is minimal - 85 cents per month for the phone number + 1 cent per minute for calls.
Jun 7, 2017
1 posts
retrothing wrote: Use a service like voip.ms to get phone over Internet service. You can either have a VoIP phone adapter hooked up to a regular telephone and your Internet router or just use call forwarding to route the calls from your new number to your cell phone.

The cost is minimal - 85 cents per month for the phone number + 1 cent per minute for calls.
I've heard about those guys, has anyone dealt with them already and can share their experience so far?
Jun 6, 2017
4 posts
Thanks I'll definitely check them out! Any surprise cost that id have to look out for regarding my home internet or cellular plan?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
AndreC114893 wrote: Thanks I'll definitely check them out! Any surprise cost that id have to look out for regarding my home internet or cellular plan?
Each forwarded minute counts as a minute on your phone plan. If you have unlimited local or national calling, you don't have to worry.

As far as Internet goes, if the call is forwarded by the voip.ms server to your cell phone, there will be zero data use because the call is routed through their servers and the phone network. Even when using VoIP phone service at home, the data use is minimal.
Mar 15, 2009
386 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Been using voip.ms for ~10 years. Hardly any issues with them over that time. Great value for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
I personally host one of my business lines on voip.ms. It was previously a cell line, but i ported it over. All calls forward to my regular cell line. If I call back, I use the zoiper app to call back, or I call back with a blocked number so they don't see my personal number.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)