Expired Hot Deals

[Business Interiors - Ontario Inc] ON/AB/BC - Herman Miller Aeron Chair $1075 (40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2021 11:26 pm
[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
82 posts
80 upvotes
Alberta

ON/AB/BC - Herman Miller Aeron Chair $1075 (40% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
40% off
Retailer:
Business Interiors - Ontario Inc
EDIT: Turns out this is a part of a group buy organized by another RFD member!! See details:
Jimboski wrote: GTA Group Buy ($65 Ontario Wide Delivery!) - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform
Western Canada Group Buy (BC/Alberta/Winnipeg) - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform
Ottawa Group Buy (QC Friendly) - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

RFD thread for discussion are also in the link.
Been keeping an eye on this chair for some time now. Herman Miller actually has them on sale as well for 15% off but at $1075(40% off), it's a near unbeatable price. The only downside is that because it's a bulk order, it's not fully customizable. It's preselected in black/black and upgraded with everything except the leather armpads and quiet wheels. All 3 sizes are available. It comes with a 12yr warranty and is consistently rated one of the best chairs in the market.

Herman Miller Aeron Review

Only available in ON. Pickup for free in Mississauga or $65 shipping.
Last edited by bootski on Jan 9th, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
40 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16332 posts
2686 upvotes
GTA
isn't the group buy cheaper?
[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
82 posts
80 upvotes
Alberta
actng wrote: isn't the group buy cheaper?
I'm not sure which group buy specifically you're referring to. I searched but couldn't find anything on RFD about it. I spoke to Business Interiors and was directed to the person who organizes their bulk/group purchases so this may be it. I have also not ever found the Aeron at anything approaching this price, so if you have seen it for cheaper PLEASE throw it up here for others to buy.
Jan 25, 2006
307 posts
51 upvotes
This is a hot deal for those in the market for this chair. Nice post.
Mar 2, 2015
210 posts
319 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Any chance it could somehow be delivered to Quebec?
[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
82 posts
80 upvotes
Alberta
shawnie53 wrote: Any chance it could somehow be delivered to Quebec?
From speaking to them, unfortunately no. They are the HM dealers for ON and can only sell to addresses there. That's the way I understood it. Also, because the chair ships FULLY assembled the box is ridiculous sized so shipping to ON then paying to ship to QC would be expensive. I got a quote from Purolator at ~$400 from ON to AB.

Dims (from memory): 41lbs; 41x27x28 (inches)
Oct 11, 2012
202 posts
125 upvotes
I bought one of these chairs in 2005 for $1450.00. Just a wonderful chair, had to replace the casters in year 12 and then sold it for $350.00 in 2019.
Oct 10, 2006
407 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
bootski wrote: I'm not sure which group buy specifically you're referring to. I searched but couldn't find anything on RFD about it. I spoke to Business Interiors and was directed to the person who organizes their bulk/group purchases so this may be it. I have also not ever found the Aeron at anything approaching this price, so if you have seen it for cheaper PLEASE throw it up here for others to buy.
Here's the link to the group buy site. It's been on going for a very long time now. It's not just the Aeron chair but Embody as well.

herman-miller-group-buy-gta-live-round- ... k-2372499/
[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
82 posts
80 upvotes
Alberta
kevkwan wrote: Here's the link to the group buy site. It's been on going for a very long time now. It's not just the Aeron chair but Embody as well.

herman-miller-group-buy-gta-live-round- ... k-2372499/
Awesome! So this post is part of that group buy organized by another RFD member. I had not been able to find anything and that post also provides Western Canada coverage! The price is the same.

I'll edit my post to include this info. Thanks a lot man.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1935 posts
346 upvotes
Ottawa
I have dealt with them and purchased chairs as well as warrantied and can say they are a good business to deal with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to feel smart - get stupid freinds...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6514 posts
1642 upvotes
I’ve had one of these chairs at my office for over 10 years. I had no idea they were this expensive. I heard a rumour that they cost in the region of $1000 but thought that couldn’t be the case as my company had bought about 70 of them. Guess I was wrong!

Anyway, super comfortable chair and has stood up well to the test of time.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Jul 15, 2005
193 posts
92 upvotes
Scarborough
If you’re going for a top tier ergonomic chair try to find a way to test it out if possible. The AERON feels amazing, but it’s also not for everyone. The mesh seat is like a firm hammock for your bum that you sink into with a hard plastic frame that is surrounding it. I find it very comfortable but it doesn’t allow you to sit in a variety of positions which I like to do at home (e.g., sitting cross legged, one leg up, etc., since the plastic frame will dig into your leg).

I ended up getting a steelcase leap v2 for HOME purposes (traditional foam seat, more adjustable armrest). I think I would actually lean towards the AERON in an office setting. Either way, good price for brand new, tons of comparison videos on YouTube.
May 13, 2015
905 posts
1227 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I prefer the steelcase leap v2.
Apr 27, 2012
749 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought this in the spring for around the same price. It's heavy and very well built. There was a piece the was all scratched up and BI were easy to deal with to replace that part under warranty.
Mar 5, 2012
537 posts
247 upvotes
Canada
AllenWayne wrote: I bought one of these chairs in 2005 for $1450.00. Just a wonderful chair, had to replace the casters in year 12 and then sold it for $350.00 in 2019.
Did you buy anything after that?
Dec 17, 2015
89 posts
189 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
shawnie53 wrote: Any chance it could somehow be delivered to Quebec?
Mobel in Montreal will price match the Group Buy price – at least they did for me when I bought my chair from them in November.
Oct 11, 2012
202 posts
125 upvotes
BigKids wrote: Did you buy anything after that?
No I was moving and switched exclusively to iPad/iPhone so didn’t need a desk anymore.
Oct 17, 2019
36 posts
2 upvotes
Are there any differences between RFD group buy and this one?
[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
82 posts
80 upvotes
Alberta
Dennyarcher wrote: Are there any differences between RFD group buy and this one?
No sir. It IS the RFD group buy. I just didn't see it come up when I searched in the forum for Aeron. I linked it at the top in an edit.