Business internet at home...

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2021 12:45 pm
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
363 posts
246 upvotes

Business internet at home...

I have my home address in my articles or corporation for my business …Can I call bell and ask them to install business internet at home .Reason asking is because its cheaper compared to home internet and for 3 years u get fixed rate and will be in a contract which I don't mind comparing to playing games every year with home internet . I also have bell internet at my actual office as well.

Just want to know if its possible . Now that a lot of us are working from home
8 replies
Nov 19, 2020
66 posts
34 upvotes
Thatsamazing wrote: I have my home address in my articles or corporation for my business …Can I call bell and ask them to install business internet at home .Reason asking is because its cheaper compared to home internet and for 3 years u get fixed rate and will be in a contract which I don't mind comparing to playing games every year with home internet . I also have bell internet at my actual office as well.

I’m not seeing any special business rates on Bell’s website..

Anyways, I’m on Rogers Gigabit internet, and currently paying $39 a month with unlimited bandwidth and modem rental included.

Yes, I have to call every year to renew to get the deal, but for 39 bucks, I think it is worth it.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12067 posts
6947 upvotes
Markham
Yes you can get Bell Business at home. I've done this as well so I don't have to do this cat/mouse threat of cancelling every 6 mos/1 yr for a discount.

Just a couple of FYI...
Bell Fibe TV via phone/web does NOT work like for residential.
They can put thru annual increases up to certain max %.
They will also install Fiber to the house so install takes a bit longer if you don't have this now.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4718 posts
5726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thatsamazing wrote: I have my home address in my articles or corporation for my business …Can I call bell and ask them to install business internet at home .Reason asking is because its cheaper compared to home internet and for 3 years u get fixed rate and will be in a contract which I don't mind comparing to playing games every year with home internet . I also have bell internet at my actual office as well.

How did you figure it's cheaper than home internet?...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18838 posts
4944 upvotes
Toronto
Business is cheaper? The last time I looked, business was more expensive, esp. after the various available residential promotions were factored into the comparison. After you getting a discounted business rate or something? Business internet also required a contract but offered additional benefits.

You can check business internet availability right on Bell's website. For example, Bell offers it at my house, but Rogers does not. I'm on Rogers residential service but I wanted TV too, so it's bundled. The main problem now is that Rogers doesn't provide a separate internet price for Ignite bundled services. On their digital cable service if you get a bundle, the pricing for internet, home phone, and TV is all separate. For Ignite bundles though, they're all combined into one price, which makes it harder for businesses to claim individual components.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1741 posts
913 upvotes
SW ON

Rogers' big little secret: https://www.rogers.com/business/internet/work-from-home

If anyone gets this please post the price. I read that one can haggle a shorter term contract ( <3 years). "They normally go for long term but they will go for 2 years if you play hard to get and do not sound eager".
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6480 posts
2190 upvotes
Vancouver
I am paying $50 all in for 50/10 line home. I am curious how's Bell biz cheaper as it shows 94/month.. I've inquired before and they always quoted me more.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1741 posts
913 upvotes
SW ON
It's possible it's cheaper than the regular price. It's not fair to compare all those special offers that I can never get.