Expired Hot Deals

[Busy Bee Tools] DEWALT DCW210B 20V MAX Brushless Orbital Sander $126 (33% discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 12:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte

[Busy Bee Tools] DEWALT DCW210B 20V MAX Brushless Orbital Sander $126 (33% discount)

Looks like a pretty good deal, lowest price that I could find in Canada by some way. Significantly cheaper than US too. Note this is tool only, you will need to provide batteries. Also seems to be in store only but about half the locations are showing stock.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 7th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2896 posts
1463 upvotes
Calgary
not the hottest but a decent deal nonetheless. too bad I already have the corded version so this would be kinda redundant for me though I'm heavily invested in Dewalt 20XRs. regardless, thanks for posting this OP, I'm sure someone can take advantage of this.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
scotsum wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:26 am
too bad I already have the corded version so this would be kinda redundant for me
I have DeWalt corded 6" and 5" ROS and picked up the Porter Cable 5" ROS and 1/4 sheet sanders when they were on clearance at Lowes. Still considering the cordless one though ;-)
Oct 5, 2005
589 posts
175 upvotes
solarfish wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:02 pm
I have DeWalt corded 6" and 5" ROS and picked up the Porter Cable 5" ROS and 1/4 sheet sanders when they were on clearance at Lowes. Still considering the cordless one though ;-)
Interested in understanding why you need so many (and indirectly if I might need one)... must do a lot of sanding.
yo!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1660 posts
158 upvotes
BC
i have this.. i am pretty sure i paid under 100 for this... but not to bad for the price
[OP]
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
moneybags wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:10 pm
Interested in understanding why you need so many (and indirectly if I might need one)... must do a lot of sanding.
The 6" is heavy duty, it also came with me from UK and so is 240V, but works well with shop vac so I use it when working on large surfaces. The 5" DeWalt I bought when I moved to Canada because it was lighter weight, not so aggressive and of course more convenient at 110V, this is my most used ROS. The PC sanders I got a couple of months ago because they were very cheap, the 1/4 sheet sander is actually used for a different purpose and it is useful to have sanders with different grits when doing a lot of sanding. I'm not sure I can justify the cordless one, most of the time the cord is not an issue when sanding and it is a premium price over corded.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
oldsnail wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:12 pm
i have this.. i am pretty sure i paid under 100 for this... but not to bad for the price
That seems an incredible price for something that was only released late last year. How long do you find the battery lasts and how is the balance?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
I have the same concern about the balance. If you put the 5ah, it is going to be heavy on one side. If you put the 2ah, you may not have enough juice
solarfish wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:28 pm
That seems an incredible price for something that was only released late last year. How long do you find the battery lasts and how is the balance?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
Damn wouldn't mind adding this to my collection. I'd have to get rid of a few others first though.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1660 posts
158 upvotes
BC
solarfish wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:28 pm
I have a dewalt garage ! visit their tent sales in Mississauga when they pop up .. things are really cheap there .. you need a guide to take you in though
[OP]
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
oldsnail wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:33 pm
I have a dewalt garage ! visit their tent sales in Mississauga when they pop up .. things are really cheap there .. you need a guide to take you in though
Are these things advertised at all, are they only for businesses? I have a pretty significant investment in 20V Max line so always up for good deals to expand the collection.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2281 posts
840 upvotes
London
I thought I got a good deal at $139 on cyber Monday, great price!

As far as weight goes, yes it seems to be battery heavy (normally run 4 or 5.0 ah batteries) but not too bad. I had the corded version but sold it when I got this.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
126 is good for almost any bare tool. I know they go for 99 from time to time but this is brand new. Too bad there aren't any PM opportunities. I'm curious on battery life. Would be less cumbersome with batteries smaller than 5ah.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Dec 24, 2006
18 posts
7 upvotes
North Vancouver
Based on a RFD post I picked up the corded version for 45% off back in Oct 2018... but now I lust for this cordless version as I drink the 20VMax Kool-Aid. Driving to a BusyBee is a deterrent though so I'll wait for some other online sale.