Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Busy Bee Tools

Dewalt string trimmer DCST922B 159$

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 4:16 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1761 posts
2079 upvotes
Ottawa
guessguy wrote: no battery, seems cold. Waiting for the Ryobi 13" to get back in stock at HD with the free battery for $98.
Which are you referring to? I only see a 10 inch for that price. The 13 inch is $158.
[OP]
Member
Aug 23, 2012
210 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal
michellant wrote: priced beat at homedepot for 143$ plus taxes.

Thanks OP
Nice! I didn't bother to price match when I saw that I wasn't charged the QC tax with Busy Bee Tools, it would come to 2$ less total with HD and there is no stock around me and have had trouble 2 times with them shipping me Weber bbq.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1135 posts
811 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
I realize it's a different eco-system, but if you're considering delving into electric string trimmers and you're not already a deWalt consumer, I got the Ego 56V String trimmer this year and it's phenomenal. I've got a pretty big lot (1ish acres) with some rough areas that I trim periodically and it does the complete lot on one charge with ease. The power is AT LEAST as strong as my prior gas trimmer, and the auto-reload feature of this trimmer is simply the standard all others should be measured by.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... er-2546176
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
aidendanger wrote: You said with battery and sent the link to tool only.
There's a link with a free starter kit bonus included...

Buy one RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric String Trimmer / Edger (Tool Only) (1001024612),
Get this FREE: RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion 2.0 Ah Compact Battery and Charger Starter Kit (1001628820).
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1761 posts
2079 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: There's a link with a free starter kit bonus included...

Buy one RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric String Trimmer / Edger (Tool Only) (1001024612),
Get this FREE: RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion 2.0 Ah Compact Battery and Charger Starter Kit (1001628820).

Thanks. Totally missed that. Face With Tears Of Joy

Ordered one for pickup!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
Meditech82 wrote: Dewalt trimmer is not brushless? Hmm
This DeWalt trimmer is brushless. It's even written on the head.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Since there is no stock anywhere in the GTA, can you go to the store, PM and pick up?

Im personally undecided on this. I already have Dewalt batteries but also the Ryobi ecosystem for yard tools trumps Dewalts for selection. That trimmer/blower combo is tempting and I think is a good entry point for simple gardening tools.
Member
Jan 6, 2008
338 posts
148 upvotes
ontario
Any comparisons to the Toro battery trimmers? I am ready to jump on this to replace my Echo gas trimmer since I have a suite of Dewalt tools, including a blower. However, I am also looking to replace my 25 yr old Honda gas mower with a Toro battery powered, when there is a deal to be had. So, the question is, do I go with this Dewalt, or wait for a deal on Toro so the mower and trimmer can share batteries?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2380 posts
1593 upvotes
Kitchener
Any reason to "upgrade" from DCST920 to this new one if you don't need to travel with it - thus hinged design is not really needed.
Newbie
Sep 20, 2010
38 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you OP.

I sucessfully priced match at HD (online chat) the Dewalt trimmer and line for $143.10 and $15.47.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 25, 2019
885 posts
1943 upvotes
We use the flexvolt ones are they are very powerful and can different heads.

Some boys like the Milwaukee because it's not as heavy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2010
1173 posts
730 upvotes
Markham
Biscayne05 wrote: Since there is no stock anywhere in the GTA, can you go to the store, PM and pick up?

Im personally undecided on this. I already have Dewalt batteries but also the Ryobi ecosystem for yard tools trumps Dewalts for selection. That trimmer/blower combo is tempting and I think is a good entry point for simple gardening tools.
Except most of the Ryobi 18V yard tools are mediocre at best. I've gone through a handful of 18V ryobi yard tools since I own many batteries and always returned them cause they fail to deliver. The only decent one is the 18V brushless trimmer, which is about the same price as this dewalt. Both as tool only.
The only good 18V yard tools is the Milwaukee M18 fuel line. Otherwise you're better off with 40V +
luck11 wrote: Any comparisons to the Toro battery trimmers? I am ready to jump on this to replace my Echo gas trimmer since I have a suite of Dewalt tools, including a blower. However, I am also looking to replace my 25 yr old Honda gas mower with a Toro battery powered, when there is a deal to be had. So, the question is, do I go with this Dewalt, or wait for a deal on Toro so the mower and trimmer can share batteries?
You are better off with the Toro trimmers assuming you have the 40V or 60V batteries. The 18V tools are okay at best, and really only for those that have batteries and don't want spend more on the higher voltage line-up.
If you compare it to an echo gas trimmer, it would under-deliver in performance as a trade-off for battery tool convenience.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Thanks OP. I got the tool, deciding on the trimmer line since I know there are better than Dewalt's
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Expliciate wrote: Price is pretty good after price match and the DeWalt trimmer lines are okay in durability.

However, I'd still recommend checking the Project Farm review of other trimmer lines as alternatives. The cost differences isn't that signficant considering you'd be committed to 200ft+ worth of line to use.
Cant believe nobody upvoted this. I always thought trimmer lines sucked. Putting an order for some MaxPower now
Newbie
Jan 28, 2007
83 posts
10 upvotes
Thank you OP!

I also successfully priced match at HD (online chat) the Dewalt trimmer and line for $143.10.

Top