Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Busy Bee Tools

Dewalt string trimmer DCST922B 159$

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 4:16 pm
Aug 23, 2010
395 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
Nice find too bad out of stock.
But about the battery. What battery would it take ?
I see 20v 5amp.
All my dewalt are 20v 1.5amp. I suppose it wouldnt work then would it?
But with less power. So that wouldnt be very practical.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
tsx wrote: Nice find too bad out of stock.
But about the battery. What battery would it take ?
I see 20v 5amp.
All my dewalt are 20v 1.5amp. I suppose it wouldnt work then would it?
But with less power. So that wouldnt be very practical.
It'll work but won't last nearly as long.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7049 posts
4902 upvotes
Ottawa
Expliciate wrote: Except most of the Ryobi 18V yard tools are mediocre at best. I've gone through a handful of 18V ryobi yard tools since I own many batteries and always returned them cause they fail to deliver. The only decent one is the 18V brushless trimmer, which is about the same price as this dewalt. Both as tool only.
The only good 18V yard tools is the Milwaukee M18 fuel line. Otherwise you're better off with 40V +

You are better off with the Toro trimmers assuming you have the 40V or 60V batteries. The 18V tools are okay at best, and really only for those that have batteries and don't want spend more on the higher voltage line-up.
If you compare it to an echo gas trimmer, it would under-deliver in performance as a trade-off for battery tool convenience.
Blackdeck 20v one is pretty good, it’s double stonger than my Ryobi 18v one which is very weak.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Sep 25, 2007
539 posts
190 upvotes
New to the Dewalt cordless eco-system. Recommendations for batteries? Prices seem steep.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
rdrexman wrote: New to the Dewalt cordless eco-system. Recommendations for batteries? Prices seem steep.
Your best bet would be to wait for a good deal on a tool with batteries and charger included. The bigger the battery, the better. For example, I got this grinder with 2x 5a batteries, upgraded charger and tool bag for $229

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KR1NVEE/
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1919 posts
806 upvotes
Calgary
4 and 5AH XR batteries are workhorses. I have a 6AH Flexvolt battery for high draw applications(leafblower, circular saw). 1.5AH battery will work but will probably be just barely enough for a very small yard.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Has anyone received a shipping confirmation from HD?

Realized my batteries are 1.5AH. Im buying a separate 5AH one for this and other future gardening tools
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
Biscayne05 wrote: Has anyone received a shipping confirmation from HD?

Realized my batteries are 1.5AH. Im buying a separate 5AH one for this and other future gardening tools
Mine shipped on Friday, same day I purchased it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Mine shipped on Friday, same day I purchased it.
Thanks. Literally just got mine. Ordered Saturday evening
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2850 posts
1975 upvotes
Just picked mine up today. I think today was the last day I used my old heavy trimmer.

Which reminds me, I still need to learn how to use it. I honestly never learned after all these years. Today I cut the edges since my mower cannot cut beside the fence and I damn near cut it down to the soil on some parts Face With Tears Of JoySkull
Jul 2, 2005
426 posts
85 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought a Ryobi and it died emitting white smoke. The guy at the warranty place said it was because I did not attach the guard. The trimmer continuoulsy release the string and when it exceeds 10 inches it puts too much load on the motor and burns it. In other words, it wastes the string by chopping it all the time. The string gets released every time you press the trigger!
Oct 25, 2008
609 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
blind56 wrote: Might actually be lower at KMS Tools if you call in/email them/buy in-store. They have it listed as part of their MAP program.
https://www.kmstools.com/dewalt-20v-max ... mer-174411

I have this trimmer, works great if you're already in the Dewalt system. Motor makes a rumble noise as well which is hilarious/awesome, doesn't sound like all the other electric trimmers with their high pitched whirring noises.
I use it for edge trimming, but as far as I know there's no actual trimmer wheel attachment available. What complicates things is that there's a trigger lockout that you need to press as well, so it's a little bit awkward to hold. Otherwise though, it's a great trimmer. Again, wouldn't get it if you're not already in the Dewalt system though.

Edit: Just checked my invoice from a year ago, it was cheaper though KMS Tools via their MAP program. Not going to post the price here since they aren't actually allowed to publish the lower price.

Edit 2: Saw the post above, it's cheaper via PM at HD.
Was interested in this trimmer - some reviews I saw online say theres a bit of an annoying play in the joint where the trimmer folds - do you find the same?
thnx
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5347 posts
6183 upvotes
Alberta
Fr0sty wrote: p.s - You could also get it from Atlas, I think they still offer the sign up $10 coupon;

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dcst922b/
Not sure if they offer free shipping for this. I know they didn't when I tried to order it for shipping to Alberta earlier this summer when it was on sale for $189.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1919 posts
806 upvotes
Calgary
Fr0sty wrote: Was interested in this trimmer - some reviews I saw online say theres a bit of an annoying play in the joint where the trimmer folds - do you find the same?
thnx
I haven’t noticed any play at all in mine and I use it in a variety of different positions. The latch mechanism that secures both halves together is quite rigid.
Jan 28, 2007
83 posts
10 upvotes
Just received mine and Holy Crap! It's powerful. On high mode it feels like it could cut a car in half. :)

Really happy with my purchase.
Jan 6, 2008
338 posts
148 upvotes
ontario
Received mine this week and sold my echo trimmer same day. Ended up pocketing $20 after tax which is nice ,but more importantly I am 2 steps away from eliminating need for dino fuel in the garage (lawnmower next and snowblower when there is a good option). Haven't tried it yet but I have no doubt it will be more than sufficient for my suburban residential lot.
Jun 10, 2005
601 posts
392 upvotes
Ended up finding this on the clearance table at home Depot heartland. No clearance tag on it so customer support gave it to me for $90.

It is, however, missing the spool so I'll probably just pick up a universal one.
Jan 6, 2008
338 posts
148 upvotes
ontario
Used mine first time this weekend. Works well and really don't notice much difference from my echo gas trimmer. Did my residential lot with 2a battery and still charge to spare. Only thing I noticed is that weight is somewhat unbalanced...would like to have the handle about 3" lowered for better weight balance but can't due to hinge. Still very happy with it and one less dino fuel tool in my garage.