• Mar 7th, 2020 8:04 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1763 posts
363 upvotes

But all seasons now or wait a month.

I need new tires for our second car that currently has winter tires on it. Costco has a $100 gift card for Michelins currently as a promotion.
Is it worth it to buy now and between delivery and time to schedule an install have them on the car for March 1st?
Or do you think I should just wait until April and get them?
FWIW I'm buying a new set of winter tires for our primary car this week so if the roads were bad I'm not going to be in too much trouble.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3844 posts
3945 upvotes
GTA
The $100 Costco card seems pretty good. Otherwise, there will be rebates from everyone in the spring. I bought a set of Michelin's last spring and there was a $60 or $70 manufacturer's rebate in the form of a cheque.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11240 posts
3497 upvotes
Toronto
There will be rebate in spring, just wait til then. I wouldn't swap my winters to all season in March. Since you already have winters on, just wait til April to swap them off.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8612 posts
3043 upvotes
Are your all season tires on dedicated rims?
Do you change them seasonally yourself or at a shop?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1763 posts
363 upvotes
I have dedicated rims for this car.
I've swapped my own wheels in the past but I'm at a point where I'd pay the place down the street to do it for $40. Losing an afternoon to do the work is something I just don't have time for anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1084 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
Sum_guy wrote: I need new tires for our second car that currently has winter tires on it. Costco has a $100 gift card for Michelins currently as a promotion.
Is it worth it to buy now and between delivery and time to schedule an install have them on the car for March 1st?
Or do you think I should just wait until April and get them?
FWIW I'm buying a new set of winter tires for our primary car this week so if the roads were bad I'm not going to be in too much trouble.
Any link to the Michelin tire promotion?

I need new tires and want to beat the spring line up crowd
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1763 posts
363 upvotes
submarine wrote: Any link to the Michelin tire promotion?

I need new tires and want to beat the spring line up crowd
It's on the Costco website for the Michelin Defender tires. Last day for the promo is the 12th.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25145 posts
3086 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone think prices will be lower in July/Aug?

My all seasons are down to 6/32 so I can install them in spring and again a new set in the summer, or just get whatever is on sale now, and save on a second installation cost?