Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Esso

Buy a $100 Esso Gift Card and get a bonus Price Privileges Card - $10 Value!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 9:58 am
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
So essentially buy $100 Esso GC and get 5 cents off up to 200 litres. The description doesn't mention the 200 litres but $10 savings works out to 200 litres. Any better fuel saving "deals" out there? Costco if you have one close by and you can go during non-rush hours?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
consumerPI wrote: Any better fuel saving "deals" out there?
Once a while there are places selling Canadian Tire GCs at 10% discount. You eseentially get 10% discount on CT gas. In addition, by being a CT member, you get a bit more % in CT money to your account.

This week T&T has the CT GCs at 10% off.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
It appears the bonus price card is for in-store use only ....

Redemption Information

This card is redeemable in-store only. Present this card in-store before payment.
Apr 5, 2006
403 posts
219 upvotes
Mississauga
Good deal but it's essentially 5% discount, not 10% that one might think.
Canadian tire gift card deal is better.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
For Hudson Bay point collectors I usually get my Esso gift cards from giftcardadvantage.com. They give 500 points if you top up a gift card with $250 plus you get 5 cents off 300L price privilege ecard (can't be used in speedpass+ app but it can be added to the Esso Extra app.

The only thing is you need to order a reload able gift card first and then keep topping it up from the website. It's a small reward but it's something.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
ol2006 wrote: Good deal but it's essentially 5% discount, not 10% that one might think.
Canadian tire gift card deal is better.
The exact rate is dependent on the price of gas, assuming you intend to actually buy 200L.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Don't esso stores give these privilege cards free with a dollar or two loads?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
consumerPI wrote: So essentially buy $100 Esso GC and get 5 cents off up to 200 litres. The description doesn't mention the 200 litres but $10 savings works out to 200 litres. Any better fuel saving "deals" out there? Costco if you have one close by and you can go during non-rush hours?
Costco should open more gasoline station, the closest gasoline one is about 15KM away from my home and I don't always go to that direction :(

There is one Costco only 2KM away from my home and no gas.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1335 posts
617 upvotes
5c off per litre? sign me up!
-_-
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4473 upvotes
West
willy wrote: It appears the bonus price card is for in-store use only ....

Redemption Information

This card is redeemable in-store only. Present this card in-store before payment.
I will not claim that this particular one for sale isn't in-store only, but every Esso accepts Price Privileges cards at the pump.

I currently have one right now that says I can only redeem in in-store as well, but it works without hassle every time at the pump.
Oct 14, 2012
30 posts
35 upvotes
Buy a $100 Esso Gift Card and get a bonus Price Privileges Card - $10 Value
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone know how many litres you get the price discount on per $100 gift card purchased? I checked the ebay listing and could not find it.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Phonophoresis wrote: I will not claim that this particular one for sale isn't in-store only, but every Esso accepts Price Privileges cards at the pump.

I currently have one right now that says I can only redeem in in-store as well, but it works without hassle every time at the pump.
When I have a Privilege Card, I go in and prepay $100. The system automatically deducts from the privilege card based on the gas I selected and how many liters the $100 can buy. If I only fill up $80 in gas, it will deduct the calculated privilege value and take the difference off the $100 prepaid (Esso gift card or any credit card). I am getting more than 5 cents off a liter.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
It looks like Petro Canada gift card is cheaper than this one?
May 4, 2017
18 posts
can you use multiple esso cards to pay . Say you have 2 dollars left on one card .
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
Mathooshan wrote: can you use multiple esso cards to pay . Say you have 2 dollars left on one card .
No I don't think so but you can put the gift card on the app to make it easier to manage
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Mathooshan wrote: can you use multiple esso cards to pay . Say you have 2 dollars left on one card .
You should be able to by going through the cashier.
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
So mine arrived and the 5 cents off cards are actually pieces of paper... With the barcode and the number printed on them. Seems like they were printout of pdfsb as well. Talk about being cheap.

Anyways, does anyone know of a way to get the physical card or the pdf?
Aug 16, 2013
624 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
lawonga wrote: So mine arrived and the 5 cents off cards are actually pieces of paper... With the barcode and the number printed on them. Seems like they were printout of pdfsb as well. Talk about being cheap.

Anyways, does anyone know of a way to get the physical card or the pdf?

I actually prefer the PDF as I already have dozens of cards in my wallet. I downloaded the PDF on my phone and hold it in front of the scanner before paying