Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Buy 2 axe items get a free 10 dollar video game card

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2022 3:08 pm
Dec 18, 2017
462 posts
389 upvotes
Alberta
Has anyone had issues redeeming their codes or has it been a pretty smooth process?

I'm having issues with one.
Feb 16, 2013
335 posts
473 upvotes
NORTH YORK
BaileySyd wrote: Has anyone had issues redeeming their codes or has it been a pretty smooth process?

I'm having issues with one.

How many did you even get? Lol I know psn has a wallet cap of $300. Did you do it 30+ times Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4930 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: I have a stinky teenaged nephew who's always pestering his parents for Xbox cards. Time to kill two birds with one stone.
You're killing your sibling?
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Promo is now closed.
A quick post-mortem.

For those who submitted one receipt, or those who tried to cheat the system by sending in dozens of receipts (and getting dozens of certificates) then changing the email address to get around the poorly-written rules, it should have been a good promotion. In the latter case, the early close to this promotion is a direct result of your opportunistic approach to the faults clearly found in the rules to this promotion.

For those who wanted to send in more than one receipt (but not too many), it was a frustrating, inconvenient and troublesome process. The Axe marketing manager and the axe promotion people at Snipp should be ashamed of themselves for ignoring the obvious holes that allowed many others to take advantage of the rules (ie. one receipt per email address was not mentioned, yet it was enforced). Customer Service at Unilever Canada was inundated with complaints, but could do nothing, as all requests were ignored until it was too late.

Yes, it is only one promotion and yes, most customers will not become regular Axe customers and yes, those who took advantage to this promotion will most likely do so again. However, it leaves a bad taste for those who were reasonable in their requests and approached Unilever Customer Service who could do nothing.

May those responsible at Axe and Snipp be doomed to smell like the Axe "excite" scent for the remainder of their lives...
Feb 16, 2013
335 posts
473 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Lots and lots of axe was bought so promo worked for Unilever. They don't care if you did it once or 20 times.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1977 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
Offer is now over!!!
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
1279 posts
1333 upvotes
Hamilton
ImMrWorld wrote: A quick post-mortem.

For those who submitted one receipt, or those who tried to cheat the system by sending in dozens of receipts (and getting dozens of certificates) then changing the email address to get around the poorly-written rules, it should have been a good promotion. In the latter case, the early close to this promotion is a direct result of your opportunistic approach to the faults clearly found in the rules to this promotion.

For those who wanted to send in more than one receipt (but not too many), it was a frustrating, inconvenient and troublesome process. The Axe marketing manager and the axe promotion people at Snipp should be ashamed of themselves for ignoring the obvious holes that allowed many others to take advantage of the rules (ie. one receipt per email address was not mentioned, yet it was enforced). Customer Service at Unilever Canada was inundated with complaints, but could do nothing, as all requests were ignored until it was too late.

Yes, it is only one promotion and yes, most customers will not become regular Axe customers and yes, those who took advantage to this promotion will most likely do so again. However, it leaves a bad taste for those who were reasonable in their requests and approached Unilever Customer Service who could do nothing.

May those responsible at Axe and Snipp be doomed to smell like the Axe "excite" scent for the remainder of their lives...
What I love is that you call out the people that exploit the promo by using multiple email addresses and yet, according to you, only sending in a few extra is perfectly acceptable even though they both circumvent the rules. I'd say it was probably the minority that submitted a whole bunch.

Most promos have loopholes that can be exploited. People use family members addresses all the time. At the end of the day companies just want you to buy their products. So Unilever is undoubtedly happy with the results.
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
FallenAngel1978 wrote: What I love is that you call out the people that exploit the promo by using multiple email addresses and yet, according to you, only sending in a few extra is perfectly acceptable even though they both circumvent the rules. I'd say it was probably the minority that submitted a whole bunch.

Most promos have loopholes that can be exploited. People use family members addresses all the time. At the end of the day companies just want you to buy their products. So Unilever is undoubtedly happy with the results.
You may have misunderstood my post-mortem.

In the rules, multiple requests for video game certificates were allowed, as long as multiple separate "receipts" were submitted (with two axe products per receipt minimum). Snipp (the administrator of the promotion) did not understand the rules (or made up their own rules) and denied MANY customers of their certificates. Yes, many chose to use multiple email addresses, while others (as you mentioned) provided receipts to their family/friends/etc. and did this in the dozens or more. HOWEVER, those that chose to follow the rules as stated were denied their second/third/etc. certificate. Complaints to Snipp, then Unilever Customer Service went nowhere for MONTHS, until somebody opened their eyes at Snipp and fixed the problem (WHERE THE **** WAS THE UNILEVER MARKETING MANAGER?). Unfortunately, many choosing to do things the right way were burned.

Those that did the dozens/etc. with different email addresses were the main beneficiaries. There should have been an established limit (say by IP address) to minimize the abusers. Many companies (such as Kelloggs) establish this type of limit, but still a few get through the cracks. I remember one person on this forum used the gmail method to create different email addresses (ie. putting a period between various letters in their email address).

Think about it. Many customers wanting two or three certificates were burned, while those who sent in dozens of requests were unfairly provided with valuable certificates. Buying two axe products could have cost as little as $6, but the certificates ranged from $10-$15. Do the math for 50 certificates or more.

Did these people also return the products to the retailers once each certificate request was made?...probably!

Unilever and Snipp made a mess of this promotion and were too late to fix it. THAT is my post-mortem...
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2017
1279 posts
1333 upvotes
Hamilton
ImMrWorld wrote: You may have misunderstood my post-mortem.

In the rules, multiple requests for video game certificates were allowed, as long as multiple separate "receipts" were submitted (with two axe products per receipt minimum). Snipp (the administrator of the promotion) did not understand the rules (or made up their own rules) and denied MANY customers of their certificates. Yes, many chose to use multiple email addresses, while others (as you mentioned) provided receipts to their family/friends/etc. and did this in the dozens or more. HOWEVER, those that chose to follow the rules as stated were denied their second/third/etc. certificate. Complaints to Snipp, then Unilever Customer Service went nowhere for MONTHS, until somebody opened their eyes at Snipp and fixed the problem (WHERE THE **** WAS THE UNILEVER MARKETING MANAGER?). Unfortunately, many choosing to do things the right way were burned.

Those that did the dozens/etc. with different email addresses were the main beneficiaries. There should have been an established limit (say by IP address) to minimize the abusers. Many companies (such as Kelloggs) establish this type of limit, but still a few get through the cracks. I remember one person on this forum used the gmail method to create different email addresses (ie. putting a period between various letters in their email address).

Think about it. Many customers wanting two or three certificates were burned, while those who sent in dozens of requests were unfairly provided with valuable certificates. Buying two axe products could have cost as little as $6, but the certificates ranged from $10-$15. Do the math for 50 certificates or more.

Did these people also return the products to the retailers once each certificate request was made?...probably!

Unilever and Snipp made a mess of this promotion and were too late to fix it. THAT is my post-mortem...
The promo was always only 1 per person.... They may not have worded it as clearly as it should have been. But if you were able to submit multiple times there wouldn't have been a clause in the T&C about not using multiple names, identities and email addresses (Same wording in the current $5 gift card when you spend $20 offer). While it may not come right out and say that you are only allowed to enter once it is implied since why would you submit using a separate email address if you weren't limited?

So whether you submitted for 2 or 50 it was still in violation of the terms.
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
FallenAngel1978 wrote: The promo was always only 1 per person.... They may not have worded it as clearly as it should have been. But if you were able to submit multiple times there wouldn't have been a clause in the T&C about not using multiple names, identities and email addresses (Same wording in the current $5 gift card when you spend $20 offer). While it may not come right out and say that you are only allowed to enter once it is implied since why would you submit using a separate email address if you weren't limited?

So whether you submitted for 2 or 50 it was still in violation of the terms.
I disagree.

Take a look at the rules on the axeoffer.ca website (still there; click "mini rules"). A screenshot of the relevant portions are found below:
axeofferminirules.JPG

Quote:

"Limit one (1) Reward per eligible purchase receipt"

"(regardless of the number of products purchased; for example, if your eligible purchase receipt shows that you purchased four (4) participating products, you will be able to receive one (1) reward)

The key here is the word "receipt". Each receipt is eligible for one certificate (2+ purchases must be made per receipt). The rules never state that recipients are limited to one certificate. Therefore, multiple receipts are allowed.

Once that was brought to Snipp's attention, first there was denial, then eventually they caved in AFTER MONTHS PASSED BY.

Yes, it is possible that the intention of the promotion was to limit the amount of certificates provided to recipients, but the rules were poorly written (see specifically the term "receipt"). I stand by my post-mortem.
Oct 4, 2021
168 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hey all, from this I had chosen the $15 xbox code option, which I'm not really having anything I need.

Anybody interested in trading for $10 Amazon GC?