• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2020 10:38 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 26, 2017
319 posts
180 upvotes

Buy a gas SUV or hybrid?

I've been eyeing the Honda CR-V as I currently have a Honda civic but I have a little guy and I find that it's not working out as a family vehicle.

Honda will eventually release a hybrid CR-V (I'm hoping) and Toyota has the rav4 hybrid.

I don't know if the hybrid of either vehicles are worth it? Does anyone know of the lifetime savings gas wise of a hybrid?

On the fence here and need someone to chime in,

Thanks!
Last edited by Gord18Stirr on Jun 23rd, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Apr 11, 2009
552 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
I think Honda is not bringing the Hybrid to Canada but only to the States...
[OP]
Mar 26, 2017
319 posts
180 upvotes
sandini_power wrote: I think Honda is not bringing the Hybrid to Canada but only to the States...
I'm sure they'll eventually bring it to Canada?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5714 posts
2261 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Hybrid CRV already in USA... Canada should get with 2022 model year redesign. Also have Ford Escape hybrid however don't think it as good as CRV or RAV4.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Dec 27, 2006
416 posts
203 upvotes
Canada
If you go Hybrid, you should go with Toyota imo. There's a reason why they are known for their hybrids.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15175 posts
4418 upvotes
London
Gord18Stirr wrote: I've been eyeing the Honda CR-V as I currently have a Honda civic but I have a little guy and I find that it's not working out as a family vehicle.

Honda will eventually release a hybrid CR-V (I'm hoping) and Toyota has the rav4 hybrid.

I don't know if the hybrid of either vehicles are worth it? Does anyone know of the lifetime savings gas wise of a hybrid?

On the fence here and need someone to chime in,

Thanks!
Hybrid payback calculator
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybridCompare.jsp
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1049 posts
455 upvotes
Ontario
Why do posts get moved to the Wheels and Tires section?!
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5629 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't there a wait time for Toyota? Now its probably longer. It also hottest car right now , so probably very little promotions.

Yes it seems Honda has to do more homework for balancing cvt transmissions, hybrid etc technology.
For Sale:
  • Powerful Constant Lights for Events / Photography
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10993 posts
3255 upvotes
Toronto
How much do you drive in a year?

Hybrid make sense for big commuters but not for some.
You much more initially and takes few years to break even what you saved on the gasoline.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015