Expired Hot Deals

[Buy Good. Feel Good. Expo] Hot if you were planning on going. Free Tickets ($13 value each. This weekend. May 13-14. GTA only.)

[OP]
Jan 1, 2006
21 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Hot if you were planning on going. Free Tickets ($13 value each. This weekend. May 13-14. GTA only.)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Savings:
100% off
Expiry:
May 14, 2017
Retailer:
Buy Good. Feel Good. Expo
This expo is formerly The Fair Trade Show Toronto.

This weekend only at The Exhibition Place, Enercare Centre. Saturday and Sunday, May 13-14th, 2017.

Free tickets with coupon code "fairchoices".

I went last year and found some unique gifts and products. I bought a cashmere scarf hand made in Nepal. The artisans were fairly compensated and the scarf itself was still cheaper than brand name. Less than $40.

It was essentially like a One of a Kind Show but every product was fairly traded or ethically sourced or produced.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1045 posts
1049 upvotes
Unionville, ON
For some odd reason, I just feel like everything inside is going to be overpriced...
But you know what, I'll keep it a try... Thanks OP
[OP]
Jan 1, 2006
21 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think there will be super deals but for the quality and the ethical sourcing, the goods should be unique and not more expensive.

I bought some soy sauce and hoisin sauce that I think are delicious. Cheaper than at Wholefoods.
Nov 16, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
Thank you Sander. I have been going to this show since its inception. I think this show is better than One of a Kind show. I was planning on going this year, so the free tickets are a plus.

Every year I buy some items from the show, and I have not been disappointed with their quality and it does feel good that you are helping others at the same time. I have bought some table napkins, soy sauce, a messenger bag and some jewelry. All made with social responsibility.

Some of the items are actually cheaper than what you find at the big box stores. Some other, you pay a little bit more, but they are almost like pieces of art, hand made, and the companies do help people in need in countries less developed. If you are planning on buying something for Mother's Day, this could offer you good options.

For sure it is worth going.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2006
21 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
RFD effect! Lol. Previous code doesn't seem to work anymore. Try "choicesmatter" now.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1106 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am a Nepalese and am proud of our unique products. Shame that due to various trade propagandas and our incompetency, we lost the business to countries such as Bangladesh. Still, we make the best Pashminas/scarfs.
Koodo $40 10GB!
Aug 9, 2008
431 posts
218 upvotes
thanks op! perfect mother's day gift Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20798 posts
22458 upvotes
Toronto
you had me at free!
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2006
21 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
SureshA720227 wrote: I am a Nepalese and am proud of our unique products. Shame that due to various trade propagandas and our incompetency, we lost the business to countries such as Bangladesh. Still, we make the best Pashminas/scarfs.
It is a shame but I think Nepal is starting to be known as an alternate tourist destination as well as a source of great handmade products.