Buy an iphone xr now for $424 or wait?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 2:38 am
[OP]
Mar 14, 2018
160 posts
198 upvotes

Buy an iphone xr now for $424 or wait?

I have access to telus epp plans and can get an iphone xr for $424+tax on a 2 year term. It's $820 - $424 promo rebate on contract. Comes out to $16.50 a month. I know it's an old phone but spec wise still really good, better than iphone se in some ways. Should I bite or wait till September?
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23217 posts
4980 upvotes
Toronto
You said it yourself....wait until Sept.

iPhone 12 Is to launch in a couple of months...so if you can wait until then.

But if you need an iPhone now....get the XR now then...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19259 posts
2943 upvotes
Woodbridge
Why do you want to wait until September?

Do you expect the price to drop even lower or are you waiting how much the iPhone 12 is going to be?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Mar 14, 2018
160 posts
198 upvotes
Both actually. Rumors say iphone 12 will be around same price as 11 and at the same time may make the xr price go even lower although $424 is pretty damn low so don't know if can go any lower.
Sep 21, 2004
11085 posts
6032 upvotes
Calgary
$420 for an XR is a very good deal. It's still very snappy and has at least 4+ years left with Apple's software support.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19259 posts
2943 upvotes
Woodbridge
abybiggs wrote: Both actually. Rumors say iphone 12 will be around same price as 11 and at the same time may make the xr price go even lower although $424 is pretty damn low so don't know if can go any lower.
Pocketnow's latest report says Apple will increase the 12's price by $50 despite not including a Chargers and EarPods. Apple says it's because of 5G.

Okay.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Mar 14, 2018
160 posts
198 upvotes
Good lord! that was a good deal.
[OP]
Mar 14, 2018
160 posts
198 upvotes
bembol wrote: Pocketnow's latest report says Apple will increase the 12's price by $50 despite not including a Chargers and EarPods. Apple says it's because of 5G.

Okay.
Honestly I'm now thinking of going with iphone se. It's $180 on a 2 year term which is insanely good! I just tried the xr and I just hate face id so much. So many instances I cant use the damn thing.
May 26, 2020
215 posts
109 upvotes
I got the SE when it came out and ended up returning it. Just couldn't get used to the small screen and bad battery life. Not to mention a 10 year old 5w charger.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2791 posts
872 upvotes
West
abybiggs wrote: Honestly I'm now thinking of going with iphone se. It's $180 on a 2 year term which is insanely good! I just tried the xr and I just hate face id so much. So many instances I cant use the damn thing.
I've got an XR and don't even use face id, just punch in my passcode each time. Obviously touch id was much better, but I've adapted and it's not a big deal. That being said I personally find the XR too large and a bit heavy, but the battery life is stellar; I can go 3 days without charging if needed.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35797 posts
9141 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
WhatsTheRush wrote: I've got an XR and don't even use face id, just punch in my passcode each time. Obviously touch id was much better, but I've adapted and it's not a big deal. That being said I personally find the XR too large and a bit heavy, but the battery life is stellar; I can go 3 days without charging if needed.
I like Face ID.

Doesn’t work when you’re wearing a face mask

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)