Cell Phones

Buy Note 5 now or wait for Note 6 till mid-late August?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2016 1:47 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 5, 2011
427 posts
95 upvotes
Missisaga

Buy Note 5 now or wait for Note 6 till mid-late August?

Announcement date for Note 6 (or should we call it Note 7) is August 2, 2016, it supposed to be top-notch device and with huge 4000mAh battery (my biggest gripe with Note 5). I'm moving for school which starts on July 23rd and I need to have some phone (don't have a phone right now, sold). Should I settle for Note 5 now or should I wait for Note 6 and make do with some cheapo phone on pre-paid plan until Note 6 hits the stores? I'm hesitant to go through the troubles of buying some cheapo phone, getting pre-paid plan, etc just to find out later that Note 6 is delayed for another couple months.
8 replies
Jul 10, 2013
657 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
wait for the Note 7, that's what i'm doing. I'm due for an upgrade and was thinking about grabbing the Note 5 but since the Note 6/7 is out in 2 months (pretty certain there won't be any delay), it makes sense to wait and get the latest and greatest.
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
dushash wrote: Announcement date for Note 6 (or should we call it Note 7) is August 2, 2016, it supposed to be top-notch device and with huge 4000mAh battery (my biggest gripe with Note 5). I'm moving for school which starts on July 23rd and I need to have some phone (don't have a phone right now, sold). Should I settle for Note 5 now or should I wait for Note 6 and make do with some cheapo phone on pre-paid plan until Note 6 hits the stores? I'm hesitant to go through the troubles of buying some cheapo phone, getting pre-paid plan, etc just to find out later that Note 6 is delayed for another couple months.
If you want to get a good price, you probably have to wait another 4-5 months. Might come out with a new iris scanner supposedly idk how that will pan out.

Tbh for school, my note 8 tablet did wonders for me, maybe tablet could be useful for u as well.
Feb 16, 2014
733 posts
164 upvotes
London
Going to school with note 6/7? That expensive cellphone will probably be vanished in the first two weeks in school! :|

If I were you,I would probably get Motorola E second generation for 50 bucks for school. :) Also,I will wait to see whether or not SD card and removable battery as two miseed capabilities in note 5 have been added to note 6/7.Days before final release date,news and rumours will show that. ;)
Penalty Box
Oct 8, 2005
5618 posts
1355 upvotes
esfandiyar2002 wrote: Going to school with note 6/7? That expensive cellphone will probably be vanished in the first two weeks in school! :|
Yea just wait until someone gets theirs and steal it.
[OP]
May 5, 2011
427 posts
95 upvotes
Missisaga
esfandiyar2002 wrote: Going to school with note 6/7? That expensive cellphone will probably be vanished in the first two weeks in school! :|

If I were you,I would probably get Motorola E second generation for 50 bucks for school. :) Also,I will wait to see whether or not SD card and removable battery as two miseed capabilities in note 5 have been added to note 6/7.Days before final release date,news and rumours will show that. ;)
It's a post-graduate school, professional students mostly in their 30's (many with kids and families) aimed at graduating and finding a work after, I highly doubt someone will make a run and risk his career and hard-earned spot in a professional program for a Note 7 LOL It's tempting tho I can understand you, who needs degree and career if you can snatch a Samsung Note 7 and make a fortune selling it - can live on that for the rest of your life LOL
Feb 16, 2014
733 posts
164 upvotes
London
dushash wrote: It's a post-graduate school, professional students mostly in their 30's (many with kids and families) aimed at graduating and finding a work after, I highly doubt someone will make a run and risk his career and hard-earned spot in a professional program for a Note 7 LOL It's tempting tho I can understand you, who needs degree and career if you can snatch a Samsung Note 7 and make a fortune selling it - can live on that for the rest of your life LOL
No offence for students in post graduate schools,even highly professionals in medical ones.The fact is not losing a cellphone or catching a theft. I have seen noticeable bunch of students who worried too much when they find out their cellphones should be off during university exams and far from their accessible areas while writing off(You have probably seen large university exam rooms,like auditorium,gym).Too many students' heads(several times) aim the spots to double check their leftovers during exams! :lol:
Nov 20, 2014
171 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Go with the Note 7. I have the Note 5 currently and it is great, but I definitely missed the built in microSD which is likely to come back for the note 7.