• Jun 7th, 2019 1:15 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2010
224 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 0

Buy a pr-owned Sedan, previously commercial use

I am looking for a sedan, found one which the Carfax report says its previous use was commercial.

Can anyone help me understand what does this commercial use mean? It was registered in Quebec.

thanks,
6 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 2 (100% Positive)
GreenYou wrote: I am looking for a sedan, found one which the Carfax report says its previous use was commercial.

Can anyone help me understand what does this commercial use mean? It was registered in Quebec.

thanks,
Could be a number of things. It could have been a dealership loaner or rental or a promo vehicle where a company would buy it, plaster stickers on it, a display model etc... but it was not a privately owned vehicle. What kind of car?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Jul 17, 2010
224 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Camry.
2017, about 60k mileage.
Rental maybe.

worth a shot?
koffey wrote: Could be a number of things. It could have been a dealership loaner or rental or a promo vehicle where a company would buy it, plaster stickers on it, a display model etc... but it was not a privately owned vehicle. What kind of car?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
GreenYou wrote: Camry.
2017, about 60k mileage.
Rental maybe.

worth a shot?
For sure. If the carfax is clean, also spend the money and get a carproof and the price is right.

Do you have a paint thickness measuring tool? They are pretty cheap. I would buy one and test all panels, it would tell you if the car was repainted/accident. If both reports are clean and the paint thickness around the vehicle is comparable in numbers, that's a good sign it's a clean car. Ask to see if you can get it inspected by a Toyota dealer if this is not on a Toyota lot.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Jul 17, 2010
224 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
It's a dealer car, has carfax report, looks clean.
Paint thickness measuring is really a good idea, thanks. I will get something.

BTW, Carfax vs. Carproof, are they any different?
koffey wrote: For sure. If the carfax is clean, also spend the money and get a carproof and the price is right.

Do you have a paint thickness measuring tool? They are pretty cheap. I would buy one and test all panels, it would tell you if the car was repainted/accident. If both reports are clean and the paint thickness around the vehicle is comparable in numbers, that's a good sign it's a clean car. Ask to see if you can get it inspected by a Toyota dealer if this is not on a Toyota lot.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
GreenYou wrote: It's a dealer car, has carfax report, looks clean.
Paint thickness measuring is really a good idea, thanks. I will get something.

BTW, Carfax vs. Carproof, are they any different?
Yes, they are different. Carfax is a US report that can list Canadian vehicles while Carproof is a Canadian report. Some places offer carfax which may contain different information about the vehicle.

https://www.amazon.ca/Akozon-Coating-Th ... B07F57YLJM
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)