Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1891 posts
184 upvotes

Buy/Sell used doors and windows?

Anyone know of any stores in Toronto that buys and sells used doors and windows?

I'm currently looking for a steel door that is used (for a shed) and would like to know if there are any stores. I tried googling it, but the results are for new doors/windows, or contracting... Not what I need.

If anyone has had experience with a store like this, please let me know!

Thanks!
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
8 replies
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
348 upvotes
Used wont be cheap. Lower volume equals higher cost. By a high volume door at home depot or special buy door. Or try kijiji
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1891 posts
184 upvotes
kalani13291 wrote: Used wont be cheap. Lower volume equals higher cost. By a high volume door at home depot or special buy door. Or try kijiji
Well, that is only in high demand. What we want is any type of metal door, that used stores are trying to sell (therefore if they want to get rid of it, it will be lower cost). Tried kijiji - none that are acceptable. I will keep trying though.

My dad said there was a used store in Bermondsey Rd, near Eglinton Ave or O'Connor Dr...
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
348 upvotes
Used stuff is expensive because it sells in low volumes. Buy a popular door at home depot. Special buy or clearance. They have a steel door with stainglass window and prehung for $219. It will clear at $50 less $10 coupon less 15% door sale.

Questionz wrote: Well, that is only in high demand. What we want is any type of metal door, that used stores are trying to sell (therefore if they want to get rid of it, it will be lower cost). Tried kijiji - none that are acceptable. I will keep trying though.

My dad said there was a used store in Bermondsey Rd, near Eglinton Ave or O'Connor Dr...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4851 posts
4639 upvotes
Toronto
Questionz wrote: My dad said there was a used store in Bermondsey Rd, near Eglinton Ave or O'Connor Dr...
That's the Habitat for Humanity ReStore on 155 Bermondsey, as many others have already recommended...

Go to a couple of ReStore locations, since stock can vary (obviously).
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1891 posts
184 upvotes
jm1 wrote: That's the Habitat for Humanity ReStore on 155 Bermondsey, as many others have already recommended...

Go to a couple of ReStore locations, since stock can vary (obviously).
Thanks. It wasn't that store (at the time my dad actually went - it was a small family owned store). Anyways, my dad went today, and didn't see any doors of particular interest. He got some siding instead, so the trip wasn't in vain. I'll keep an eye out for any metal doors on kijiji, and have my dad frequently visit the store to see if there are any available.

Thanks.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4851 posts
4639 upvotes
Toronto
Questionz wrote: Thanks. It wasn't that store (at the time my dad actually went - it was a small family owned store). Anyways, my dad went today, and didn't see any doors of particular interest. He got some siding instead, so the trip wasn't in vain. I'll keep an eye out for any metal doors on kijiji, and have my dad frequently visit the store to see if there are any available.

Thanks.
I know that one. It's down the street from the ReStore. Did your Dad or to the ReStore or the other one? You (or your Dad) should keep checking different ReStore locations as they are the most popular places to get rid of used doors so has the most selection and turnover. You'll also be able to see it in person vs. looking at a photo on a Kijiji posting.