Tags:
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes

Buy today. Pay tomorrow. from Samsung.com/ca

Buy today. Pay tomorrow.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/ ... ote10/buy/

Get the Galaxy Note10 | Note10+ today and pay later with 0% interest (Refer #2)
Offer valid from September 17 - October 31, 2019.

#2 - Some conditions apply. Offer valid from September 17, 2019 to October 31, 2019. Offer available at Samsung Experience Stores in Canada. Purchase from a Samsung Experience Store in Canada Eligible Samsung Products with the Samsung Experience Store financing plan offered by Fairstone Financial Inc. (“Fairstone”) on an 12-month term with 0% interest and Samsung will cover the one-time administration fee of $69.99. One-time annual fee of $21 will be charged at the time of purchase of the Eligible Samsung Products. To qualify for 0% interest financing, minimum purchase value of cart must be $250 before taxes and fees. Eligible Samsung Products are: Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, Note10 and Note10+ devices, Note10 and Note10+ cases, tablets, wearables, chargers, AKG audio, and SmartThings products. Selection may vary by store. This offer may be amended or cancelled at any time. Financing is provided by Fairstone Financial Inc. and is subject to all the terms and conditions in your cardholder agreement and the credit promotional plan disclosure statement (collectively the “Account Agreement”). Finance Charges will accrue on the purchase from the beginning of the credit promotional period of 18 months, but no minimum payments will be due during the credit promotional period. However, if you pay the purchase price in full by the expiration date of the credit promotional period, all of the accrued Finance Charges will be waived and no Finance Charges will be assessed on the purchase. Otherwise, if you choose to not pay the purchase price in full by the expiration date of the credit promotional period, all of the accrued Finance Charges will be assessed at that time. The terms and conditions of the financing are subject to the Fairstone Financing Plan available at Samsung Retail Store Point of Sale and the Retail Purchase and Credit Agreement and Disclosure Statement between Fairstone and the customer. Please contact your Samsung Experience Store representative for more details. Offer available at www.samsung.com/ca. Purchase from www.samsung.com/ca Eligible Samsung Products with the www.samsung.com/ca financing plan offered by Paybright (“Paybright”) on a 12-month term with 0% interest. This offer requires 12 equal monthly payments at 0% interest. To qualify for 0% interest financing, minimum purchase value of cart must be $300 before taxes and fees. Eligible Samsung Products are: Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, Note10 and Note10+ devices, Note10 and Note10+ cases, tablets, wearables, chargers, AKG audio, and SmartThings products. This offer may be amended or cancelled at any time. Financing provided by PayBright. Financing offers may vary from time to time. Some conditions apply, and all transactions are subject to approval by PayBright. See www.paybright.com/faq for more information.

My understanding is you buy Note 10+ for $1600 now but no payment is due for 18 months but you have to pay off the $1600 before the end of the 18th month so that no fee charge or interest will be applied to your account.

Can someone explain how these things work ?
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2249 posts
1303 upvotes
Calgary
The 0% interest is actually up to 12 months, so if you sign up for this make sure to pay the full amount before a year is up. Otherwise you'll be dinged the $69.95 admin fee + exhorbiant interest (likely 28% or so).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18658 posts
2382 upvotes
Woodbridge
It is 12 months. I took advantage of it.

Samsung Experience Store will credit you the Administration Fee and as posted you need to pay it in full before the due date.

To make it easier just pay whatever you can.

I like it before they waive the administration fee, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2993 posts
2575 upvotes
Montreal
Is it a good time to get the Note 10 by doing this or better to wait?
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Oh man. Sammy is super desperate hahah. I bet next summer this thing will be $800 on Craigslist. All of these financing and payment plans just prove that "flagship" phones are way over priced that the market cannot bear them. Hence the need for such plans and other gimmicks.

On the other hand if you want the Note 10 without ponying up any cash right away, this is great. Most providers as well as Best Buy are offering similar financing. Although in regards to the various fees and interest, YMMV!
Oct 17, 2010
644 posts
301 upvotes
Terrace
Mwazam82 wrote: All of these financing and payment plans just prove that "flagship" phones are way over priced that the market cannot bear them. Hence the need for such plans and other gimmicks.
Over priced is definitely a valid point. Every year it's getting more and more expensive. At the same time there isn't any true innovation and that goes with iphone too. My brother picked up an XS Max last year and regretted it coming from iphone 8+
Oct 17, 2010
644 posts
301 upvotes
Terrace
danzerino wrote: Is it a good time to get the Note 10 by doing this or better to wait?
The real question should be: Do you need the Note 10? If not then why you wanna pay $1600 for something you don't need ? But if you have the cash to burn why not?
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote: The real question should be: Do you need the Note 10? If not then why you wanna pay $1600 for something you don't need ? But if you have the cash to burn why not?
You are correct.

Actually I need something with stylus like S-pen as I need to write and stuff.
2nd thing as I travel a lot, I need something small.
So yes at $1600 price, immediately high end laptops comes to my mind but s-pen & pocket size device is what making me go for it instead of ipad or other tabs with stylus even though I dont like the price.

And yes I already have another flagship phone for years back but 3rd party stylus dont work that well.
Thats why financing option is preferred by me so that I dont stagnant my money with two devices that will be worthless after few months.
Last edited by Esso33888DewdneyTrunkRdMissionBC on Oct 5th, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
Mwazam82 wrote: Oh man. Sammy is super desperate hahah. I bet next summer this thing will be $800 on Craigslist. All of these financing and payment plans just prove that "flagship" phones are way over priced that the market cannot bear them. Hence the need for such plans and other gimmicks.

On the other hand if you want the Note 10 without ponying up any cash right away, this is great. Most providers as well as Best Buy are offering similar financing. Although in regards to the various fees and interest, YMMV!
Do you have any similar offers in that are going around right now ?
Last edited by Esso33888DewdneyTrunkRdMissionBC on Oct 5th, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
bembol wrote: It is 12 months. I took advantage of it.

Samsung Experience Store will credit you the Administration Fee and as posted you need to pay it in full before the due date.

To make it easier just pay whatever you can.

I like it before they waive the administration fee, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Actually 12 months one you are talking about is form PayBright but the 18 month exists with Fairstone Financial Inc..
Without 18 months it will hard for me to justify spening $1600 on a phone.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Is it a good time to get the Note 10 by doing this or better to wait?
As others have mentioned do you need something that is $1600 and justify it unless you go cash to burn.
Like mentioned the $1600 for Note 10+ is set high by the trio of Carriers+Samsung+Finance/Loan Providers in such a way that they are able to give dumb offers that customers fall for like free dvice/0$ upfront with carrier plans or 18 months no interest finance.

Basically Samsung has already incorporated the interest charges into the $1600 price tag that it will be able to split the profits with Fairstone which takes the risk.

Finally, if you can manage it's always better to wait and go for 2nd best = last yr flagship instead of paying top dollars for the best hype mobile device at the very moment. generally TMS/ wow mobile/LD etc offer gift cards/points etc to clear the old stock where you basically get not only the device for free but you also get extra money to spend. The only issue could be timing and hot offers may not be available the very moment you need to buy a device.
For example, I had seen a free S9 + $350 gift card + 12 gb data + unlimited calls+text few weeks back in the hot offers section. (You cant go wrong with these kinds of offers)

Now I want to settle for Note 9 but I as per my knowledge I dont see any finance offers and thats why I am inclined towards Note 10+ 18 month finance.
Basically I want something that I cannot offord but the I am ready to jump in and Finance providers are available there to take the risk one me to make some profits.
Nov 7, 2013
556 posts
156 upvotes
the 604
if you go with Paybright, you'll pay a $6.95 "processing fee" monthly, so if you can it's better to do the deal in an Experience store via Fairstone, where you'll just pay the $21 upfront, and as mentioned, Sammy will cover the admin fee.

i almost pulled the trigger when the Note 10+ was $100 off, but decided to wait if any deal or price drop is to be had with the release of the Pixel 4, along with the financing option. otherwise, although the Note 10+ is Peak Samsung — and given the rumours, also likely the final chapter in this 10 year evolution of the Galaxy and Note lines — it's also just stupid expensive and it's hard to justify when my mortgage payment plus strata fees are less than the cost.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2993 posts
2575 upvotes
Montreal
So what is so great about this? If I get it right then the only advantage is not paying $0 up front? But the phone is still full price right
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
danzerino wrote: So what is so great about this? If I get it right then the only advantage is not paying $0 up front? But the phone is still full price right
Nope nothing great about this. But if you are hell bent on getting Note 10 for whatever reason then it is 1 of many options.
It may be suitable for someone like me who cannot afford to buy a $1600 device upfront and at the same time doesn't want to pay interest for a loan or pay monthly payment to a carrier becuase you already have a solid monthly plan with enough data & minutes to justify another.
Basically I buy now and will see how things go as I will have 18 months to sort out how I will repay $1600.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18658 posts
2382 upvotes
Woodbridge
Esso33888DewdneyTrunkRdMissionBC wrote: Actually 12 months one you are talking about is form PayBright but the 18 month exists with Fairstone Financial Inc..
Without 18 months it will hard for me to justify spening $1600 on a phone.
I got my statement from Fairstone. It says 12 months.

I got $227 off for trading in an old S5.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16090 posts
4583 upvotes
Markham
So is 12 month, Not 18 month
2 - Some conditions apply. Offer valid from September 17, 2019 to October 31, 2019. Offer available at Samsung Experience Stores in Canada. Purchase from a Samsung Experience Store in Canada Eligible Samsung Products with the Samsung Experience Store financing plan offered by Fairstone Financial Inc. (“Fairstone”) on an 12-month term with 0% interest
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2993 posts
2575 upvotes
Montreal
How come they only offer $250 to trade in a S9+ lmao
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta
I'd wait for Black Friday.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: So is 12 month, Not 18 month
The link I had provided in the 1st post had 18 months as I copy pasted directly from samsung's website.
Again the 0% 18 months offer may be available instore only.
But all replies have been 12 months so I could be wrong as samsung might have posted wrong info on their webiste and forgot to update it.
Last edited by Esso33888DewdneyTrunkRdMissionBC on Oct 6th, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
11 upvotes
bembol wrote: I got my statement from Fairstone. It says 12 months.

I got $227 off for trading in an old S5.
I am still not sure about 18 months vs 12 months offer.
But $227 for S5 was good.