Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

Buy a Whopper and get an Impossible Whopper for free (mobile app only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 12:29 am
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1469 posts
3457 upvotes
Thrillipino wrote: impossible > beyond meet IMO
Agreed. I have tried pretty much every meat-less burger out there, and the Impossible burger is in my top three.

If you live in Canada, you might want to try the Very Good Butcher's Burger (especially if you can try it in person at their flagship store in Victoria.) I personally think it's indistinguishable from a real meat patty. The Impossible Burger is my number two, but I find it needs added salt. But let's get real, with BKs mayo slapped on, you're not actually tasting any meat.
Jan 10, 2018
373 posts
1134 upvotes
So to get a vegan patty, you have to buy a beef patty. Gotcha.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2959 posts
3220 upvotes
Surrey
Shady67 wrote: So to get a vegan patty, you have to buy a beef patty. Gotcha.
Not a smart move imo. They should’ve provided the option to purchase the 1st one as an impossible whopper as well. I like the Uber Eats B1G1 and had the impossible whopper a couple of times. It was pretty good and filling, but I don’t think I would pay $6.50 for 1. Hopefully they have more promotions for it going forward.
Last edited by henrik112 on May 24th, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2012
965 posts
842 upvotes
London, ON
Uber Eats has 2 for 1 impossible whoppers in many markets. It was pretty decent. Not as goo as a real whopper but a nice junk food veggie option.
Jan 10, 2018
373 posts
1134 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Not a smart move imo. They should’ve provided the option to purchase the 1st one as an impossible whopper as well. I like the Uber Eats B1G1 and had the impossible whopper a couple of times. It was pretty good and filling, but I don’t think I would pay $6.50 for 1. Hopefully they have more promotions for it going forward.
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. You'd think their main demographic for this burger are those who are limited to vegan options. "Buy any Whopper, get the Impossible Whopper free" would've been a better marketing strategy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9535 posts
10828 upvotes
The Prairies
Gibsons wrote: Just getting an actually good coffee would change their business, but they don't seem to be able (or want) to compete with McD's.
They can’t even get good coffee at Tim’s, which is a coffee shop, and you want them to get good coffee at a burger joint? :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3196 upvotes
Southern Ontario
coolintheshade wrote: They can’t even get good coffee at Tim’s, which is a coffee shop, and you want them to get good coffee at a burger joint? :lol:
Depends what you are comparing them too... McD's and TH have decent coffee at their price point, BK has coffee that you for sure, will be spitting out. That's what I was referring to as not competing. Go try it and tell me what you think of it.
Jul 31, 2016
571 posts
1074 upvotes
Whitby
Gibsons wrote: I now see why it's free.

The BK close to me is empty a lot... even the drive thru, don't know how it stays in business. McD's across the street is always busy.

Just getting an actually good coffee would change their business, but they don't seem to be able (or want) to compete with McD's.
Ajax?
Jul 31, 2016
571 posts
1074 upvotes
Whitby
Found the Impossible Burger to be really bad (still a meat eater). They really put tons of sauces on it to give it some sort of flavour
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3196 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ajacian81 wrote: Ajax?
Windsor. They're actually separated by a Bank but you can see the other from the street. Harvey's, McD, BK, TH and TB are all on the same 500 meter stretch on the same street.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Wasn't there a law suit where BK. Cooked beef patties and Meatless Patties on the same "Grill?"
Mar 14, 2013
53 posts
30 upvotes
Winnipeg
Its a pretty good promotion to compare the two for the cost of one. Twas $7.16 total for me. The impossible burger is all right, the texture is softer than the whopper beef patty which is grittier.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3975 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
spend $1 or more and get a free impossible whopper would've been a better promo
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12291 posts
6076 upvotes
Here whoppers are 2 for $8 right now and there filling.
Never tried the impossible whopper but will have to give it a try one day
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Jun 24, 2017
158 posts
171 upvotes
FWIW there's some controversy over whether or not the artificial heme iron in the Impossible burger is safe to eat. I tried one knowing this (I'm guess one won't kill you lol) and it was pretty okay, but I found Beyond Meat tasted better (although definitely less like meat). It may have been because the whopper's 'flame-grilled' thing doesn't work well with it. I'm not vegan or vegetarian but am trying to be more plant-based overall.

edit: Beyond Meat doesn't have the added heme iron.
Nov 6, 2006
697 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
Not available in Montreal !!

Update : after apps update, AVAILABLE !!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29437 posts
14924 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
They can’t even get good coffee at Tim’s, which is a coffee shop, and you want them to get good coffee at a burger joint? :lol:
To be fair, Tim's had terrible coffee even before RBI bought them.
When your signature coffee product has to contain cream and sugar there's something wrong.
chilli604 wrote: Wasn't there a law suit where BK. Cooked beef patties and Meatless Patties on the same "Grill?"
Yup.
I think a few other places got hit with this ridiculous concept too.
A&W I'm like 95% certain did.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
It's tough to cook something meatless in a meat environment

Went camping. Dated a girl who loved Meat On Bone🥓🥩 but her daughter was a 🥦 Mushroom🥬🥒🫑Tomato🥗.

1 wrong move on the small BBQ and daughter wouldn't eat PERIOD!

Edit* funny thing is. Daughter think vegetarian dishes at Chinese restaurants are clean. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes🤣
Last edited by chilli604 on May 24th, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.