Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

Buy a Whopper and get an Impossible Whopper for free (mobile app only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 12:29 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
why would they give you a meat based burger after you explicitly bought a plant-based one? It should be 2x impossible burger.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
ajacian81 wrote: Found the Impossible Burger to be really bad (still a meat eater). They really put tons of sauces on it to give it some sort of flavour
It's literally identical to the original whopper. The "tons of sauces" is their original amount of ketchup and mayo.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
TofuPork wrote: Its a pretty good promotion to compare the two for the cost of one. Twas $7.16 total for me. The impossible burger is all right, the texture is softer than the whopper beef patty which is grittier.
Yeah, just tried the two. I still think the Impossible patty is suffering from a lack of sodium. I know they are trying to keep the sodium lower than the original patty, but . . .why? It's half of the taste of their burgers, lol.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
this deal has been going on for a while in the uber app. The deal is slightly different though, its buy one impossible whopper, get one free.

For the taste itself, yeah it doesn't taste exactly like beef or even meat, but its a massive improvement compared to before. I used to eat the regular old school pre beyond meat veggie burgers, and trust me they sucked, like you're eating cardboard.

If somebody told me the sandwich is really a whopper and I never tasted an impossible whopper before then I might actually fall for it.

One warning though...if you plan on eating the impossible whopper for health benefits, slap yourself across the face. This burger is NOT healthy, in fact the fat in it is just slightly below a regular beef whopper. Without all that fatty greasy goodness, theres no way the impossible would taste as good
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
evilYoda wrote: why would they give you a meat based burger after you explicitly bought a plant-based one? It should be 2x impossible burger.
Because they are trying to get meat eaters to try the plant based one.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Edit* funny thing is. Daughter think vegetarian dishes at Chinese restaurants are clean. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes🤣
Oh my god there's SO much meat contamination everywhere.
Not to mention one of our core seasoning sauces that goes in everything has chicken powder. Normally not an issue but Chinese chicken powder has actual chicken in it.
Even the oil we cook a lot of proteins in is reused. So there's tons of meat drippings in there.
I'm sure some might use new oil, but that's not the norm. There's a can of oil beside the wok that we use.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
ajacian81 wrote: Found the Impossible Burger to be really bad (still a meat eater). They really put tons of sauces on it to give it some sort of flavour
Tried yesterday - my wife and I split each sandwich.

I thought it was ok, not as bad as I expected. That said - I'm not leaving meat :)
Dec 28, 2006
29 posts
36 upvotes
Most lifetime vegetarians (or most of their life) don't like impossible burgers because it tastes too much like beef. Those that have converted not too long ago (and used to like eating beef) would enjoy it. I've turned vegetarian 5 years ago for religious reasons so I do enjoy it. I buy like 20 impossible burger packs from Sobeys when they go on sale and freeze them. Use them in all types of recipes that calls for ground beef or pork - they're great.

As for the Impossible Whopper, I've tried it in the US when it first came out there and I find it tasted better there than it does here. I know in the US they cook the impossible patty on the same grill as the others unless you request them not to, and then they'll just microwave or steam it and it won't taste good. I don't really care if there's cross contamination for my religious regions - it's the heart (in going veg) that counts.

[Edited to remove my guess on why it tastes different)
Last edited by dkto on May 25th, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
dkto wrote: As for the Impossible Whopper, I've tried it in the US when it first came out there and I find it tasted better there than it does here. I know in the US they cook the impossible patty on the same grill as the others unless you request them not to, and then they'll just microwave or steam it and it won't taste good. I believe in Canada they do some sorta method to avoid cooking on the same grill, and perhaps that's why it's not as good as it is in the US. I don't really care if there's cross contamination for my religious regions - it's the heart (in going veg) that counts.
"Patty made from plants and cooked on the same broiler as beef patties."

from https://impossiblefoods.com/ca/burgerking
Destiny is all
Dec 28, 2006
29 posts
36 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: "Patty made from plants and cooked on the same broiler as beef patties."

from https://impossiblefoods.com/ca/burgerking
Ok thanks. I'll edit my post to correct it. Though I still don't know why it tastes different here than in the US. I can also grill a better impossible burger to put on a whopper. (could be the seasoning...)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Oh my god there's SO much meat contamination everywhere.
Not to mention one of our core seasoning sauces that goes in everything has chicken powder. Normally not an issue but Chinese chicken powder has actual chicken in it.
Even the oil we cook a lot of proteins in is reused. So there's tons of meat drippings in there.
I'm sure some might use new oil, but that's not the norm. There's a can of oil beside the wok that we use.
The green veggies dishes at Chinese restaurants have chicken stock added to it which is why it tastes amazing.
Jun 7, 2011
272 posts
236 upvotes
Orangeville
Tried to grab this today, 'Place Order' button greyed out and won't let me check out.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2716 posts
1936 upvotes
GTA
Pants536 wrote: Tried to grab this today, 'Place Order' button greyed out and won't let me check out.
Did you use a computer or smart phone? It only works with smart phone.
Jun 7, 2011
272 posts
236 upvotes
Orangeville
spyhero wrote: Did you use a computer or smart phone? It only works with smart phone.
Phone. My wife got the app and it worked for her. Not sure what they're detecting on mine that's keeping me out.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2319 posts
1192 upvotes
BC
kool1 wrote: Tried yesterday - my wife and I split each sandwich.

I thought it was ok, not as bad as I expected. That said - I'm not leaving meat :)
That's impossible.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2716 posts
1936 upvotes
GTA
Pants536 wrote: Phone. My wife got the app and it worked for her. Not sure what they're detecting on mine that's keeping me out.
Maybe it was your phone. Use your wife's phone to log in and place an order.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)