Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

Buy a Whopper and get an Impossible Whopper for free (mobile app only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 12:29 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1261 posts
504 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: this deal has been going on for a while in the uber app. The deal is slightly different though, its buy one impossible whopper, get one free.

For the taste itself, yeah it doesn't taste exactly like beef or even meat, but its a massive improvement compared to before. I used to eat the regular old school pre beyond meat veggie burgers, and trust me they sucked, like you're eating cardboard.

If somebody told me the sandwich is really a whopper and I never tasted an impossible whopper before then I might actually fall for it.

One warning though...if you plan on eating the impossible whopper for health benefits, slap yourself across the face. This burger is NOT healthy, in fact the fat in it is just slightly below a regular beef whopper. Without all that fatty greasy goodness, theres no way the impossible would taste as good
your forgetting it has significant less cholesterol and trans fat.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5348 posts
7204 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Alright, alright. I find the whopper Jr. Better than the whopper.

Anyone else agree?
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Alright, alright. I find the whopper Jr. Better than the whopper.

Anyone else agree?
I haven’t had a whopper junior in probably twenty years, but I remember them being awesome. I think they were also 99 cents then.

I did have a whopper in the last two years, and it was still good.
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
rage2021 wrote: your forgetting it has significant less cholesterol and trans fat.
you're ignoring that the brain is made from chostelerol. You win some, you loose some. Never eat yellow snow. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Don't pour sulphuric acid onto your genitals. Win one for the Gipper!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4996 posts
2622 upvotes
Parry Sound
chilli604 wrote: Taken from Google

The Impossible Burger is made from soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, salt, gums, and water and additives, including vitamin B12, zinc, vitamin B6, thiamin (B1) and niacin.
Beyond Meat isn't soy-based. It also tastes much, much better than the Impossible Burger.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Aug 28, 2019
700 posts
561 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Agreed. I have tried pretty much every meat-less burger out there, and the Impossible burger is in my top three.

If you live in Canada, you might want to try the Very Good Butcher's Burger (especially if you can try it in person at their flagship store in Victoria.) I personally think it's indistinguishable from a real meat patty. The Impossible Burger is my number two, but I find it needs added salt. But let's get real, with BKs mayo slapped on, you're not actually tasting any meat.
Curious, what is your #3?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
rage2021 wrote: your forgetting it has significant less cholesterol and trans fat.
Umm, last I checked this burger was almost as bad as the beef burgers healthwise, which actually defeats the purpose. Burgers don't have transfats, cholesterol is a wash but you're reaching at this point.

Whatever, I don't buy it for the health reasons anyway. It tastes good enough to pass as a beef burger, and many people have religious reasons to observe also, and this is great for that. The recent promos have also been great.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Gibsons wrote: I now see why it's free.

The BK close to me is empty a lot... even the drive thru, don't know how it stays in business. McD's across the street is always busy.

Just getting an actually good coffee would change their business, but they don't seem to be able (or want) to compete with McD's.
Normally BK is better than McDonald's, I mean aside from the big mac that is. Bk has better chicken burgers and their beef burgers are pretty good too. Not to mention, they have the Hershey pie and mozzarella sticks..their breakfast menu is also better than mcdonalds, at the very least its a tie.

Mcdonalds demolishes BK in the summer with the holiday drink deals. Nothing burger king has comes close to this time of the year.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3196 upvotes
Southern Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: Normally BK is better than McDonald's, I mean aside from the big mac that is. Bk has better chicken burgers and their beef burgers are pretty good too. Not to mention, they have the Hershey pie and mozzarella sticks..their breakfast menu is also better than mcdonalds, at the very least its a tie.

Mcdonalds demolishes BK in the summer with the holiday drink deals. Nothing burger king has comes close to this time of the year.
I rarely eat at BK, but their Whoppers are half the size they used to be when I was a kid. Add in that McD and BK in my area are nearly across the road from each other, guess which is usually near empty and which is usually busy, with lineups at the Drive Thru? Half of the battle was won when McD acquired a better coffee than BK.

Fake meat burgers are a no-go for me. If that's someone's thing, go for it. Some also like bland Chili and naked chicken wings.
Nov 30, 2015
686 posts
831 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
The impossible whopper is pretty good, every bit as satisfying as a normal whopper. The price was the only factor making me buy regular whoppers over impossible. If the price was always the same I would probably always buy impossible or beyond meat burgers instead of "real" beef, unless I was at a specialty burger place.

Even if the health aspect is awash, it's still better to go meatless because nothing had to die in the process.
Nov 30, 2015
686 posts
831 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Gibsons wrote: I rarely eat at BK, but their Whoppers are half the size they used to be when I was a kid.
I know right??!! And the toys in playplace at Mcdonalds used to feel so big when I was a kid. Now I can't even fit.
Oct 17, 2004
110 posts
28 upvotes
I don't know if mine was overcooked but the impossible whopper wasn't that great. Maybe it was from a lack of fat content, but it was stiff and dry. Taste-wise it was like the burger was made at a different franchise. I've cooked the beyond meat burgers before on my stove top and those had a much better texture and were better-tasting (although not that great either). But none of these fake-meat brands have been able to replicate real beefy goodness and rely on too much sodium.

The better deal is BK's regular offer of a whopper, fries and drink for $6.29.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Gibsons wrote: I rarely eat at BK, but their Whoppers are half the size they used to be when I was a kid. Add in that McD and BK in my area are nearly across the road from each other, guess which is usually near empty and which is usually busy, with lineups at the Drive Thru? Half of the battle was won when McD acquired a better coffee than BK.

Fake meat burgers are a no-go for me. If that's someone's thing, go for it. Some also like bland Chili and naked chicken wings.
Whoppers half the size?? That's hard to imagine considering how big the whoppers are already. I just checked, and the diameter of a whopper is 4.75 inches. They don't call it a whopper for nothing.

And yeah the bk close to me does decent business, definitely not as good as mcdonalds but still pretty good. Right now things are probably less busy because of mcdonalds drink days. I feel the best thing about bk is that they let you customize the burgers however you like no charge. Mcdonalds will charge you for pickles. I remember when mcdoubles came out they cost around $1 or so. People would ask to make it like a Mac, which was just adding some Mac sauce. For this mcdonalds charged like 1.50 more
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3196 upvotes
Southern Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: Whoppers half the size?? That's hard to imagine considering how big the whoppers are already. I just checked, and the diameter of a whopper is 4.75 inches. They don't call it a whopper for nothing.
Because less meat flattened out is the same size? You must be right though... I suppose Big Macs are same size too? What about those Cadbury Eggs or bricks of cheese?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Gibsons wrote: Because less meat flattened out is the same size? You must be right though... I suppose Big Macs are same size too? What about those Cadbury Eggs or bricks of cheese?
so after doing some research, the big mac, hamburger, mcdouble, cheeseburger all use 1.6 ounce patties and thats what they've used since they opened back in 1967. To me, It also feels like the mac got smaller over the years, but thats probably because I got much bigger. When you're a kid, the mac seems bigger than it really is.

The wopper and quarter pounder use 4 ounce patties, or 1/4 lb beef. That hasn't changed either. The only thing that HAS changed from the last 5 decades is the use of BVH, or growth hormones to make the cows grow much faster in order to keep up with demand. Hopefully in the next 5 decades, we perfect lab grown meat, and this will honestly be for the best. Theres so much downsides to using cattle and animal agriculture which includes: land use change (deforestation, especially in amazon), the rise of multiresistant strains of bacteria...think covid 2.0, 3..0, 4.0, etc etc, and finally, those growth hormones in the meat can't be good for our bodies lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3196 upvotes
Southern Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: so after doing some research, the big mac, hamburger, mcdouble, cheeseburger all use 1.6 ounce patties and thats what they've used since they opened back in 1967. To me, It also feels like the mac got smaller over the years, but thats probably because I got much bigger. When you're a kid, the mac seems bigger than it really is.
Yes, his hands got bigger too.
It's just your eyeballs and forehead getting larger.

Big Mac used to have 2 pretty large patties in them, now they basically have as much meat as a McDouble. My Parents and I used to go every week since I was a kid, in the early 80's. Unfortunately, I still go. And yes 1/4 pound is still a 1/4 pound, but I don't think it measures that anymore. Bun has shrunk maybe the most.

Back in the old days you could barely fit 2 Big Macs on top of each other in the takeout bag, that's how big they were. And the Whopper was bloody HUGE, not the flat pancake that it is now.

Pic to the Right is what every Whopper I've seen in the present. Notice it's advertisement, for a laugh.
Last edited by Gibsons on May 29th, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5819 posts
4439 upvotes
a big mac was the size of a whopper in the early 70's?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1469 posts
3457 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: Umm, last I checked this burger was almost as bad as the beef burgers healthwise, which actually defeats the purpose. Burgers don't have transfats, cholesterol is a wash but you're reaching at this point.

Whatever, I don't buy it for the health reasons anyway. It tastes good enough to pass as a beef burger, and many people have religious reasons to observe also, and this is great for that. The recent promos have also been great.
I don't eat it for health reasons. If you care about your health, you wouldn't be eating fast food. I choose to eat those kinds of burgers (if I have to) to reduce my carbon footprint, then end.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1469 posts
3457 upvotes
MarkF56792 wrote: Curious, what is your #3?
If I had to line these up, I'd say it's 1) The Good Butcher 2) Impossible Burger 3) Gardein Ultimate Burger 4) Meatless Farm burger 5) Lightlife Ground (good luck though making it not taste like bean) 6) Beyond Beef (if you make your own, A&W butchers them IMO)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1237 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
MikoWilson wrote: I don't eat it for health reasons. If you care about your health, you wouldn't be eating fast food. I choose to eat those kinds of burgers (if I have to) to reduce my carbon footprint, then end.
Fam, I would consider myself health. Not fat by any means, I still find myself snacking on these, once in a while. Just got to find balance. What ever works for you.
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)