Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

Buy a Whopper and get an Impossible Whopper for free (mobile app only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 12:29 am
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1468 posts
3457 upvotes
JonathanSun wrote: Fam, I would consider myself health. Not fat by any means, I still find myself snacking on these, once in a while. Just got to find balance. What ever works for you.
Yeah, I'm not noting on the "health" argument of Impossible Burgers. In some ways they are healthy, in some ways they are not. My only reason to choose them over other burgers is my desire to use less carbon.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Gibsons wrote: Yes, his hands got bigger too.
IMG
It's just your eyeballs and forehead getting larger.
BIGMACIMG

Big Mac used to have 2 pretty large patties in them, now they basically have as much meat as a McDouble. My Parents and I used to go every week since I was a kid, in the early 80's. Unfortunately, I still go. And yes 1/4 pound is still a 1/4 pound, but I don't think it measures that anymore. Bun has shrunk maybe the most.

Back in the old days you could barely fit 2 Big Macs on top of each other in the takeout bag, that's how big they were. And the Whopper was bloody HUGE, not the flat pancake that it is now.

Pic to the Right is what every Whopper I've seen in the present. Notice it's advertisement, for a laugh.
WHOPPERIMG
dude, I don't know what to say, I wasn't around in the 70s to actually know, the first big mac I remember eating was early 90s. They say that the beef in the big mac has always been 1.6 ounces, they made no mention of the buns being smaller than they used to but that doesn't really surprise me. Its possible that the patties were bigger than 1.6 ouces back then, and they were getting more than they paid for, for some reason. Its the 70s were talking about and things not as accurate as now.

The cadbury eggs thing is pretty funny, and might be true. The whopper pic is way off, trust me i have eaten a few whoppers just in the past week and they look nothing like that sloppy mess in your pic. Though I did have a few whoppers that were made sloppy over the years, it didn't even come close to looking as bad as the one in your pic. It looks like its been dunked in water, then left over night and re heated in the microwave. I'm not even eating at the fancy downtown location burger kings, mostly ive eaten at the scarborough locations lol. The advertisements always look better than reality but the actual whopper I order usually has a reasonable appearance.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1236 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
MikoWilson wrote: Yeah, I'm not noting on the "health" argument of Impossible Burgers. In some ways they are healthy, in some ways they are not. My only reason to choose them over other burgers is my desire to use less carbon.
My bad, I totally misunderstood you.
Yeah, I totally agree, if you are going to eat junk food, at least enjoy your cheat day. The last thing you want is to feel unsatisfied. As they say, go big or go home. Don't buy an impossible burger, so you can feel better about being "healthy", while at the same time eating a burger. If you want to be healthy, get yourself a salad.
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3192 upvotes
Southern Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: dude, I don't know what to say, I wasn't around in the 70s to actually know, the first big mac I remember eating was early 90s. They say that the beef in the big mac has always been 1.6 ounces, they made no mention of the buns being smaller than they used to but that doesn't really surprise me. Its possible that the patties were bigger than 1.6 ouces back then, and they were getting more than they paid for, for some reason. Its the 70s were talking about and things not as accurate as now.

The cadbury eggs thing is pretty funny, and might be true. The whopper pic is way off, trust me i have eaten a few whoppers just in the past week and they look nothing like that sloppy mess in your pic. Though I did have a few whoppers that were made sloppy over the years, it didn't even come close to looking as bad as the one in your pic. It looks like its been dunked in water, then left over night and re heated in the microwave. I'm not even eating at the fancy downtown location burger kings, mostly ive eaten at the scarborough locations lol. The advertisements always look better than reality but the actual whopper I order usually has a reasonable appearance.
We can't go back in time, the burgers shrunk just like 500g blocks of cheese are 400g now. This happened in the last few years, but I'm sure you missed that as well.

cracker-barrel-cheese-shrinks-size-again-1481219/

It's a trend that works. Shrink your product and ask the same amount for it. It's an alternative to raising the price. Then is snowballs... now your Big Mac or Whopper is much smaller. Go back in your time machine and check.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)